No announcement yet.

Where were the nox during this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, it looks like our beloved NOX don't have anything to worry about now. The ORI are dead. The NOX were wise enough to foresee that we humans(TAURI) would kick ORI butt ... eventually.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when ........ the NOX probably had to prove themselves too, and also the furrlings.

by the way ..... does anyone know what episode the furrlings were in? ..... other than being alluded to in passing I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by babylon rising View Post
      by the way ..... does anyone know what episode the furrlings were in? ..... other than being alluded to in passing I mean.
      They weren't. They were never seen in an episode, just their technology ("Paradise Lost") and writing ("The Torment of Tantalus").

Comment

oh well,
        thanks
        i thought maybe there was an episode i had missed
        it would have been rather cool to have had one where jack and the crew met them

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
          The Nox have got a floating city so even if the Ori destroyed the planet the city might be o.k, also there is a possibility they could leave for another galaxy.
          If I blow up your planet, your city floating 100 feet off the ground isn't going to save you
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Ofcourse the Nox wouldn't fight they have 1 simple way of defence. The ORI can't hit there planet if they are not in range, So therefore the Nox just transport them everytime they go into orbit to somewere far away. They don't have a need to fight because no one can exactly hurt them.
            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Don't be worry for the nox they are doing what they are best of... hiding.
              : Darrell, Darrell The Dragon
              : How About Smokey?
              : Perhaps Puff

Comment

They also buried their gate, so their planet probably wasn't on Adria's hit list right away.
                sigpic

Comment

so the nox are the last ones remaining of the alliance. great. the one that are too chicken to help us fight off any threats are the most advanced in our galaxy. or at least were as we have asgard AND ancient tech now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                    so the nox are the last ones remaining of the alliance. great. the one that are too chicken to help us fight off any threats are the most advanced in our galaxy. or at least were as we have asgard AND ancient tech now.
                    Just because you don't embrace violence doesn't mean that you're a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                      Either that, or they went to go save Jonas, since SG-1 couldn't be arsed to. (Things have 'calmed down' enough at the SGC that Daniel can go to Atlantis, but he won't look for his one-time replacement!?)
                      Indeed!

Or maybe they did fall to the Ori war machine, and we haven't heard from any of our allies there. (Like Langara)

Comment

We were never told how the Nox are able to hide things. But if it is similar to Soldan cloaking technology or to Merlin's machine it would mean some sort of dimensional displacement. If that's the case they could achieve something similar to when Carter hid the whole planet in The Road Not taken. The Nox collectively potentially could hide their whole planet.

Comment

Why would the Ori care at all about the Nox? The Ori have very simple objectives: convert humans so they can be used as a resource to increase their own power, thus allowing them to destroy the Ancients. Advanced humans and aliens who try to intervene need to be dealt with because they are a threat to that agenda. The Nox, though, do not fit into that category.

They have shown no interest in hiding human populations; they are largely insular. If outsiders enter their territory they will attempt to ensure that lethal force is futile, but they do not do so elsewhere in the galaxy. They have shown a willingness to share information with sufficiently advanced beings and help advanced beings in non-lethal activities (e.g. transporting of a group from one planet to another), but that's it. Maybe if they hid a weapon from the Ori, which then blew up one of their ships they'd take an interest, but even so it's hardly worth devoting resources to trying to track them down and kill them at the invasion stage they were up to prior to the end of their storyline. And had the Ori succeeded in taking over the Milky Way it's unlikely the Nox would have any interaction with outsiders since the advanced races they would be willing to communicate with would be gone. Thus, I can easily see the Ori just leaving them there. Going after them would be like going after a non-sentient animal population on some random planet. What's the point when they're not bothering anyone and there is nothing that is needed from them or the area they occupy?
                          Last edited by Xaeden; 11 May 2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

I would like to believe that the Nox was in transphase or they have left the Milky Way long time ago. I always believed that the whole transphase storylines could be connected, so the Rhee'tou, Hathor, Arthur's Mantle, the Sodan technology could have been a way to connect back the Nox into the metaplot.

What basically has happened that the Nox was written way too powerful so the writers couldn't deal with them similar to the Asgard, the Ancients, the Ori and even Anubis and Adria. Our heroes would have looked ambitious amateurs next to these bigger races and characters, so how would you draw a balanced of picture, the suspension of danger, the window of actions if they are simply no match for humans.

I would like to re-introduce a new storyline regarding the Nox in the next Stargate show. What if they are the maintainer of local evolutions and the law of nature? So instead of reaching a higher level form with Ascendency, what if they would choose "Descendancy" after they were tired of hiding and protecting others? Old Noxes would choose a planet slightly similar like ents in the Lord of the rings, but instead of ascending, they could merge with the local ecosystem as pure natural energy like a boost. And our new heroes would discover how rich wass of life they could have created in a new galaxy with this way. So technically they would be written out, but we would find out what has happened how they can talk and reform or reshape themselves like nymps or spirits etc. I don't want to see necessarily talking planets like in the Final Fantasy franchise just a new plot device how the Nox have mergded with their beloved gardens.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                            X