Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where were the nox during this?

I am feeling scared for the nox now, since the ori came into our galaxy during season 10 and conquered a lot of our allies. So, what about the Nox?

They are technologically advanced and the ori knew they would not be able to sway them to their side. Could that mean that all the Nox are dead by Ori Genocide.
    Beyond all odds, life will find a way

-Jurassic Park

Major General

Default Re: Where were the nox during this?

The Ori couldn't even detect a cloaked Al'Kesh, I doubt they'd be able to find the Nox.

In an act of inexplicable pseudo-generosity, the Nox decided the Fifth Race was ready to earn its keep. Again.

Either that, or they went to go save Jonas, since SG-1 couldn't be arsed to. (Things have 'calmed down' enough at the SGC that Daniel can go to Atlantis, but he won't look for his one-time replacement!?)
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    The Ori couldn't even detect a cloaked Al'Kesh, I doubt they'd be able to find the Nox.
    Agreed. You can't kill what you can't find.

Even if they were found, they most likely would fight

Second Lieutenant MartianManhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaod View Post
    Doubt it, they were extremely advanced and probably just as powerful as the asgard, but lets not forget that they healed the Goa'uld even though they knew that they were evil.

The Goa'uld were no real threat to the Nox. If there were someone who was, they might fight. Emphasis on the "might".

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Shaod View Post
    they would hide or use their collective powers to convince the Ori armies they're gone (for example halucinations).

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released

I don't get what everyone's obsession with the Nox, they only appeared in 3 episodes.
    If they weren't part of the alliance of 4 no one would care, we don't get many "OMG I hope the Gadmeer/Giant Aliens/Reole/Re'tu are ok" threads

A few "Hey! Whatever Happen To [insert alien here]?" for those guys wouldn't be bad.

We'll never know. The Nox'll never be mentioned again. I think people want to see more of them [people like me], is because they were one of the 4 Great Races, up there with the Asgard and Ancients and the ultra-cool Furlings! They got lots of attention when it suited TPTB early on when it was necessary to show how backwards humanity was. Now that we've got Ancient and Asgard tech, who needs another good guy on our side with the same level of tech?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    we don't get many "OMG I hope the...Giant Aliens...are ok" threads
    Oh, some seem to be obsessed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    I don't get what everyone's obsession with the Nox, they only appeared in 3 episodes.
    If they weren't part of the alliance of 4 no one would care, we don't get many "OMG I hope the Gadmeer/Giant Aliens/Reole/Re'tu are ok" threads
    Well a lot of our advanced allies are dead, harmed severely, or were conquered by the Ori: Free Jaffa (decimated, pretty badly hurt), Hebridian (conquered), Jonas' people (conquered, mentioned in passing), and other worlds have met bad fates to the Ori bugs or armies.

The Nox for all their advanced technology may not be strong enough to hide from the Ori, who would want to destroy anything that COULD pose a threat to them. The Nox have too much advance tech; even if they are peaceful pacifists, they were allied with their former enemies the alterans.

The Retou most likely were also conquered. most likely the giant aliens and the Reole met the same fate. Everyone with some level of tech was a threat to Ori power; only the people of the light or primitive human civilizations would be spared if they accept origin.

I think the evil Aschen might have got what was coming to them too based on the Ori tactics.
    Beyond all odds, life will find a way

-Jurassic Park

Major General

The Ori crusade was no where near complete, they only had 7 ships in the entire galaxy!

I watched Dominion yesterday, and Adria said the galaxy would probably fall within months.

But that's still months!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

First Lieutenant SpinningChevron's Avatar

The Nox have got a floating city so even if the Ori destroyed the planet the city might be o.k, also there is a possibility they could leave for another galaxy.

well, it looks like our beloved NOX don't have anything to worry about now. The ORI are dead. The NOX were wise enough to foresee that we humans(TAURI) would kick ORI butt ... eventually.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when ........ the NOX probably had to prove themselves too, and also the furrlings.

by the way ..... does anyone know what episode the furrlings were in? ..... other than being alluded to in passing I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by babylon rising View Post
    by the way ..... does anyone know what episode the furrlings were in? ..... other than being alluded to in passing I mean.
    They weren't. They were never seen in an episode, just their technology ("Paradise Lost") and writing ("The Torment of Tantalus").

oh well,
    thanks
    i thought maybe there was an episode i had missed
    it would have been rather cool to have had one where jack and the crew met them

Quote Originally Posted by SpinningChevron View Post
    The Nox have got a floating city so even if the Ori destroyed the planet the city might be o.k, also there is a possibility they could leave for another galaxy.
    If I blow up your planet, your city floating 100 feet off the ground isn't going to save you
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Ofcourse the Nox wouldn't fight they have 1 simple way of defence. The ORI can't hit there planet if they are not in range, So therefore the Nox just transport them everytime they go into orbit to somewere far away. They don't have a need to fight because no one can exactly hurt them.
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast