This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    When Jack threw the knife you can *see* the knife pass through the shiled. When they shoot Osiris you can't see the shield. SO IMO the shield must be down. Which is what I said in the begining.

It's not just *a* TV show, it's STARGATE SG-1
    so if we had just listened to you in the first place we could have prevented this fiasco. OTOH i did enjoy helping to prove you right.

and you're right it's not just a tv show. i can't believe i said that. now i have to go to sci fi confession again... i mean... for the first time... ever....

Comment

And in The Curse Osiris didn't have a personal shield, Daniel shot at her, but she used her hand device to blast the dart away.

Comment

Well....I was going to suggest that the Goa'uld technology-dampening field dealie that SG-1 had set up in Daniel's house might have prevented Osiris from putting up the shield, but

A) does the field extend beyond the house?

and

B) she wasn't able to "beam" out of there, but she could still use her ribbon device on Daniel. Shouldn't that have been disabled as well? What gives?

Comment

A question: Has anyone ever seen a Goa'uld use their personal shield while moving? I've often suspected that they can only be used when standing still; there's nothing much to support this - except that Apophis has his Jaffa throw him a staff instead of crossing over to get one - but is there anything to contradict it.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

To Cranbot

Answer B)I think the thing they put around the house to stop Osiris 'beaming out' was just for that purpose I don't think it specifically targeted all goa'uld technology. And i'm not sure cause I haven't seen Chimera for a while but wasn't Osiris using Asguard tech to do the beaming up thing??? cause then the shield the SGC put on the house would stop asguard tech not goa'uld...

But like I say I've nly seen Chimera once and can't remember all the details so someone might have a better explanation than me

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
              To Cranbot

Answer B)I think the thing they put around the house to stop Osiris 'beaming out' was just for that purpose I don't think it specifically targeted all goa'uld technology. And i'm not sure cause I haven't seen Chimera for a while but wasn't Osiris using Asguard tech to do the beaming up thing??? cause then the shield the SGC put on the house would stop asguard tech not goa'uld...

But like I say I've nly seen Chimera once and can't remember all the details so someone might have a better explanation than me
              Actually it was goa'uld tech jammer, as goa'uld are savnegers they simply add goa'uld tecn to the asgard teleporter to control it.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                I think the thing they put around the house to stop Osiris 'beaming out' was just for that purpose I don't think it specifically targeted all goa'uld technology. And i'm not sure cause I haven't seen Chimera for a while but wasn't Osiris using Asguard tech to do the beaming up thing??? cause then the shield the SGC put on the house would stop asguard tech not goa'uld...
                The jammer, according to Sam at the begining of the episode, blocks the Ring Transporter Remote that sits on the back of ribbon devices... So the SGC was hoping that since the gou'ald are scavengers they would use the ribbon device to activate the asgard transporters on their ship, which Osiris did.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Thanks for explaining
                  At least I'll know correctly next time

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    The jammer, according to Sam at the begining of the episode, blocks the Ring Transporter Remote that sits on the back of ribbon devices... So the SGC was hoping that since the gou'ald are scavengers they would use the ribbon device to activate the asgard transporters on their ship, which Osiris did.
                    Not just rings... erm... Apophis closed the door to the Pel'tac with his in Enemies. And it probably works on the ones the Jaffa have too.

And I THINK Osiris was moving while her shield was up in Chimera, maybe the camera was just jerking for a second, because it looks like it in a clip from Martouf Marty's Sam/Pete vid...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                      Not just rings... erm... Apophis closed the door to the Pel'tac with his in Enemies. And it probably works on the ones the Jaffa have too.

And I THINK Osiris was moving while her shield was up in Chimera, maybe the camera was just jerking for a second, because it looks like it in a clip from Martouf Marty's Sam/Pete vid...
                      i just rewatched the scene and the only time we saw the shield was when she was standing still and pete and sam were shooting at her. also when jack shot her from behind there wasnt the shield flare like when he threw the knife throu heru'er's so im pretty sure she didnt have it up. since she wasnt firing back when sam and pete were shooting but waited till they stopped i think that she cant fire her little ring gun and have the shield up at the same time, either because they run on the same power source and can't be used simultaneously or more likely the field extends around her arm even if outstretched and the blast wouldnt penetrate the shield.

Comment

People saying that the shield wasn't up don't uderstand the nature of what I'm saying, In "Chimera" it was actually stated that using trank darts you could get through the HDS (Hand Device Sheild) they didn't mention that they'd been middded to get throuhg the HDS just saying that they were using tranks so they could.

It doesn't matter if the HDS was up or not becuase they expected the tranks to work HDS or no HDS.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                          People saying that the shield wasn't up don't uderstand the nature of what I'm saying, In "Chimera" it was actually stated that using trank darts you could get through the HDS (Hand Device Sheild) they didn't mention that they'd been middded to get throuhg the HDS just saying that they were using tranks so they could.

It doesn't matter if the HDS was up or not becuase they expected the tranks to work HDS or no HDS.
                          Again, they slowed the darts down to allow them to penetrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            Again, they slowed the darts down to allow them to penetrate.
                            Then why didn't they says so? They never said it was anything but a bog-standard trank gun
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

As was already said, maybe the gun from The Nox was modified to hit a fast moving Fenri, under the advice of Teal'c.

Comment

at this point in the show they really dont need to explain out every little thing, especially when dealing with technology they've dealt with many times before. they explained about the jammer because it was new. they've known about personal shields and how to defeat them since the first season. there is no reason to explain again something that has been dealt with and explained several times before. i think the writers have a greater appreciation for our intelligence as viewers that they dont need to explain every little thing

Comment

Working...
                                X