• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla Emmagan/Kanaan Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Their love is so canon.

Discuss.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Hey - I was wondering if anyone was going to start a thread for these two.

I really was surprised at how much I enjoyed their scenes in Broken Ties. I was a little disappointed in Kanaan in S4, but now that he's
    Spoiler:
    dehybridized,
    he's very sweet and sensitive, and I think he's great for Teyla.

My main reason for liking this pairing though is that I think it does wonders for Teyla's character. No longer is she just the girl on the team, to be the love interest of one of the guys. With the insights into her family and private life away from the team, I finally felt like I was getting a glimpse of Teyla as an individual. I think
    Spoiler:
    setting Teyla and Kanaan up as a family
    is the best thing they could ever have done to develop Teyla as a character. It gives her an identity separate from the team, and that's something she sorely needed. I really am hoping he sticks around.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 28 July 2008, 06:28 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

» Ruined Puzzle, myself and some others on the Sparky thread were discussing that even though we ship Teyla with other people how we really liked her and Kanaan, too.

» I don't think they're the best couple in the world, but heck, it's canon and cute.

Comment

He's a good plot device that turned out to be a nice guy. LOL

In slightly more seriousness, as I said in the season 5 thread, he seems to be a good househusband. Now that is a nice breakthrough for TV if you ask me.
        sigpic

Comment

Just to wake this thread up
          A wallpaper, pictures taken from Broken Ties

Spoiler:

Icarium

Comment

Ooh, I so ship these two! They have a wonderful easy relationship—not a lot of sparks, but lots of friendship chemistry (and even a bit more) that means they have a great foundation for a long-lasting relationship.

And I agree, it's a very mature thing for the writers to do to the show, and serves Teyla's character well.

Besides...it'd be awful if we got Teyla and Torren and no dad!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I support Teyla/Kanaan, but I'd feel a lot better about it if I believed TPTB actually intended it as a real, serious and continuing relationship and not just a cheap plot point. Instead I can't quite shake the feeling that Kanaan is just the Pete of Atlantis and that as soon as his arc is finished he'll get booted off the show and we'll never hear mention of him again.

I highly doubt that TPTB would ever permanently pair off a main character with anyone other than another main character, but if we're talking fantasyland, then yes, it's Teyla/Kanaan all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                Ooh, I so ship these two! They have a wonderful easy relationship—not a lot of sparks, but lots of friendship chemistry (and even a bit more) that means they have a great foundation for a long-lasting relationship.

And I agree, it's a very mature thing for the writers to do to the show, and serves Teyla's character well.

Besides...it'd be awful if we got Teyla and Torren and no dad!
                It's true! Think of all the "Babymomma" comments that would flow from that!
                sigpic

Comment

From JM's blog of doom.

Tina also writes: “Teyla told her friend, I think the episode was Sunday, that she had a crush on someone from Atlantis and hoped he would make a move. But we are now to believe that Teyla at the same time also had a sparkle in her eye for Kanaan.”

Answer: People aren’t as simplistic as that. They can have their eye on someone without realizing that their love of their life could be right under their noses the whole time. I have many friends who ended up marrying a good friend in whom they’d hitherto shown no romantic interest.

2)Do Teyla and Kanan have any serious issues coming up between them?”

2) Again - nope.

This is good right?

YAY Teyla/Kanaan. Finally maybe a ship that will not die on me. LOL.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                    From JM's blog of doom.

Tina also writes: “Teyla told her friend, I think the episode was Sunday, that she had a crush on someone from Atlantis and hoped he would make a move. But we are now to believe that Teyla at the same time also had a sparkle in her eye for Kanaan.”

Answer: People aren’t as simplistic as that. They can have their eye on someone without realizing that their love of their life could be right under their noses the whole time. I have many friends who ended up marrying a good friend in whom they’d hitherto shown no romantic interest.

2)Do Teyla and Kanan have any serious issues coming up between them?”

2) Again - nope.

This is good right?

YAY Teyla/Kanaan. Finally maybe a ship that will not die on me. LOL.
                    I was so happy to see that - I'm glad they're not abandoning those two!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                      I was so happy to see that - I'm glad they're not abandoning those two!
                      Me too!!!

I like how they've tried to weave Teyla/Kannan into the past seasons. GITM
                      Spoiler:
                      had Elizabeth saying that she saw a special spark when Teyla talked about Kanaan. I can buy this because we never really saw much of Teyla's personal life and Elizabeth is very good at reading people. I hope they subtly continue to blend Teyla/Kanaan into the show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        I support Teyla/Kanaan, but I'd feel a lot better about it if I believed TPTB actually intended it as a real, serious and continuing relationship and not just a cheap plot point. Instead I can't quite shake the feeling that Kanaan is just the Pete of Atlantis and that as soon as his arc is finished he'll get booted off the show and we'll never hear mention of him again.
                        I have the same misgivings, unfortunately. But I'm still hoping - not fond of the alternative.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                        Me too!!!

I like how they've tried to weave Teyla/Kannan into the past seasons. GITM
                        Spoiler:
                        had Elizabeth saying that she saw a special spark when Teyla talked about Kanaan. I can buy this because we never really saw much of Teyla's personal life and Elizabeth is very good at reading people. I hope they subtly continue to blend Teyla/Kanaan into the show.
                        I agree - I just wish they'd done more of this last year.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I have the same misgivings, unfortunately. But I'm still hoping - not fond of the alternative.

I agree - I just wish they'd done more of this last year.
                          They did it with Ronon right? I just sometimes wonder how much Teyla actually talks of herself and what she does outside of team lantis. I mean we know she talks to Ronon and they seem to be the closest but what about John and Rodney. Do they just not listen because sometimes I feel like they are too busy bickering to even notice what Teyla is saying.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, the end is in sight. I don't know what's in store for these two (I tend to share Shadowmaat's pessimism), but I am encouraged by the apparent reference to Kanaan as the love of Teyla's life by JM. I just wish they'd actually develop this relationship a little more. I was sold by those two sweet scenes in Broken Ties, but I want to see more.

Seeing as how this is the last season now, and M&M are writing the movie, what do you all think the chances are of Teyla getting her happily-ever-after with Kanaan and baby? I'd love to see it personally. I know the chances are probably slim of him even surviving the season, but so far the writers have surprised me by letting him live this far, and I'm kinda hoping they'll keep surprising me.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

This thread keeps getting buried. LOL.

I don't think their relationship is going to get any more developed since it looks like Teyla hardly gets any screen time. I guess I expect comments about Kanaan and the baby but we won't actually see them.

I don't know but I fear he may also die. I hope he doesn't and JM did say that there won't be any problems between them so that kind of means that he won't die right? I mean if he died then there would be problems. lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X