Page 1 of 53 12341151 ... LastLast
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Fic Search thread

This thread is for just that....looking for a fic? Try posting here to see if anyone recognizes it and can help you find it

Lightbulb Re: Fic Search thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    This thread is for just that....looking for a fic? Try posting here to see if anyone recognizes it and can help you find it
    Aha! EX-cellent.

Looking for a S/J fiction that featured Sam falling into some mud. It proceeded to make her ill and chilled and only Jack's proximity could keep her body temperature normal. This happened on a planet whose inhabitants may have been Ancients although they lived in a modest society.

The line that comes to mind is from a couple who observed that Jack's nearness to Sam kept her alive:

"Why does he not heal his mate?" one asked. To which the reply was something about Jack not having full awareness of that power. Back at the SGC this proximity thing may have caused some issues; Janet certainly notices Sam's improvement when Jack's near. I'd love to re-read it.

Just sayin', I've asked on another thread a while back, but maybe now someone can help. Thanks!
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!

Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Probie

Daniel 3 fic search

g'day, I'm looking for three stargate fics but I can't remember their names. Can some one help me please?

fic 1:
    Daniel was framed for murdering General Hammond & sent to jail. While in jail becomes a hacker. When he gets out goes surching for who was responsible for framing him.

fic 2:
    Kinsey or someone arranges for sg1 to be killed. Daniel survives. Daniel then goes off to turture & kill kinsey in revenge.

fic 3:
    set season 9 or 10. Near begining of season 9 Daniel runs away while off planet. A year or so later Sam, Teal'c, & Mitchell find him & try to get him back home. He owns a barge or boat on some dangerious stretch of river & acts as river taxi & courier. I think he deliberatly kills a guy, totaly shocking Jack at how changed he was

thanks all.

oh, & if anyone wants to rec. any goos fics too that'd be cool

amokima

Default Im looking 4 a story....

im looking for a story called stargate avalon does anyone know the link to their website??????

Lightbulb Re: Im looking 4 a story....

Quote Originally Posted by Dpil236 View Post
    im looking for a story called stargate avalon does anyone know the link to their website??????
    Not sure about the website, but there's a thread for fic searches:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=55850: Fan fic searches.

Just sayin', can't hurt to post your search there.

Default Re: Im looking 4 a story....

Quote Originally Posted by Dpil236 View Post
    Oh tha tone, yes, serch it up here in teh Fan FIc section.

Default Re: Fic Search thread

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
    Aha! EX-cellent.

Looking for a S/J fiction that featured Sam falling into some mud. It proceeded to make her ill and chilled and only Jack's proximity could keep her body temperature normal. This happened on a planet whose inhabitants may have been Ancients although they lived in a modest society.

The line that comes to mind is from a couple who observed that Jack's nearness to Sam kept her alive:

"Why does he not heal his mate?" one asked. To which the reply was something about Jack not having full awareness of that power. Back at the SGC this proximity thing may have caused some issues; Janet certainly notices Sam's improvement when Jack's near. I'd love to re-read it.

Just sayin', I've asked on another thread a while back, but maybe now someone can help. Thanks!
    I would like to read that as well.

I'm looking for a fic where in the end Jack calls Sam to his office (and she very upset about something he said earlier) and tells her that he's resigning. She tries to convince him that they need him, but he continues on like he didn't hear her.
    Than I think Sam asks Jack why he's leaving, and he counts number of reasons, stating at the end that he loves her. She asks him to repeat it, and he does, and than for some reason he buzz's Walter, but Walter just yells over the door that the intercom was on line the whole time, and that the whole base heard the conversation.
    They were just about to kiss, when of course Daniel bursts in.
    I think someone told Jack to tell Sam how he's feeling (I have a distinct feeling that it was his daughter... but that may not be the case...).
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Hi, all! I hope this is the proper place to post this!

I don't know if there are any stories that fit this criteria, but I'm looking for stories where, because of a falling out with Sam or the entire team (perhaps over Pete?), Jack becomes despondent and even goes so far as to plan his own suicide just to end his pain. (She or they, of course, come to him a the last minute and he doesn't follow through.)

If any of you are XF fans, I'm looking for stories along the lines of Zero out the variable http://mulderinjeopardyx.com/stories/z/zeroout.txt .

I know this is a depressing request, but I'm in a bit of a down mood and would really like a story like this to which to relate. No slash, please.

Thank you!
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Chief Master Sergeant BeccaBeez's Avatar

Default Re: Fanfic Recommendations

I'm reluctant to ask this here ( I know this is a rec thread) and if a mod wants to delete it, feel free. A while ago I read a fic that followed the alternate universe in "Point of View" and how they rebuilt. It covers how they search for Daniel and find him in Egypt, bringing him back to the SGC. I think he meets Janet out in Egypt as well... Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Default Need help finding a fic.

Hey guys i hope someone can help me, i started reading this fic "Don't Play With Fire" by Nikki H, it's part of her fire seires, it says at the end that there's more to come but i can't find the rest of the seires anywhere, does anyone know where i can find it i'd really appreciate it i can't wait to see what happens in it, thanks in advance. ;-D

Default Re: Need help finding a fic.

I remember the name and I don't think she has written anything for a long time so it is possible it was never written. I'll have a look around.

Most of her work seems to be here: http://www.samandjack.net/directory/frames.html, go to Stories and under Authors, N and you can see what she has posted.
    Last edited by Mousie; August 27th, 2008 at 12:55 AM.

Default Re: Need help finding a fic.

Hi and thanks, i love sjd that's where i found her story, ooohhh i hope she has finished it, it's such a great story i'd love to see where she was going with it, (crosses fingers), thanks for looking i hope you have better luck then me. ;-D

I've been looking for this story for years, literally. It was one of the first fics I read, and I can't remember where I even found it, let alone who wrote it or what it's called.

It's set in either S3 or S4. Hathor managed to survive the cryofreeze by jumping out of her host and into the Tok'ra lady. SG1 run into her on another planet. Of course, she decides to go after Daniel again.

I remember there being a cave under a huge mountain, which is where Jack and the others find Daniel to rescue him, but he's under her control again (though they don't actually know it). They set up an assault on the cave (I think), and they use these big ditches (I know) to hide in. Daniel is either with Sam or Teal'c (can't remember which), and he turns on them and knocks them out so he can go back (this makes me think it's Sam).

I'm almost positive Jacob was in it, at least at the end, and possibly Bra'tac as well.

Daniel rings up to Hathor's ship with her, Jack follows them, and they (Hathor and Jack) get in this big fight over who "owns" Daniel's soul - Hathor says she does, Jack says Daniel does.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Please? I've asked all over the net for the past five years, and I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that I'm the only person anywhere who's ever read this story.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
    Aha! EX-cellent.

It's called "Letting Go" by Aussie73. I found it at www.sjalways-forever.jackandsamforever.net

Lurking in the S/J Family and Samanda threads

^^ Here's a more direct link:

Letting Go

Bucky

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by smargs View Post
    It's called "Letting Go" by Aussie73. I found it at www.sjalways-forever.jackandsamforever.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    ^^ Here's a more direct link:
    Letting Go
    Bucky
    FANTASTIC-O! I love you guys!

Just sayin', I think I couldn't find it because I thought the event took place at the beginning, and it doesn't. Off to re-read and fave!

Ok, I am afraid this might be one of the hundreds of fics that seems to have gotten lost since Stargatefan.com updated their fanfics.

It was a fic where SG-1 all had to take IQ tests. It is a humourous one. Jack is nervous, Sam is competitive, Teal'c is curious, and Daniel doesn't care because the tests aren't accurate. The actual testing takes up most the story and is hilarious because they are all acting like kids in detention: making noise, Daniel wanting his coffee with him, then having to use the bathroom, etc.

Anyone know it?

And a second one I KNOW was on Stargatefan was a short fic from Janet's point of view that takes place in the infirmary right after Daniel is brought in with the radiation poisoning on Kelowna. Shows Janet trying to separate the doctor part of her mind from the emotional part that knows he will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Crichiel View Post
    Ok, I am afraid this might be one of the hundreds of fics that seems to have gotten lost since Stargatefan.com updated their fanfics.

It was a fic where SG-1 all had to take IQ tests. It is a humourous one. Jack is nervous, Sam is competitive, Teal'c is curious, and Daniel doesn't care because the tests aren't accurate. The actual testing takes up most the story and is hilarious because they are all acting like kids in detention: making noise, Daniel wanting his coffee with him, then having to use the bathroom, etc.

Anyone know it?

<snip>
    Wouldn't happen to be this one?

A Circle of One's Own
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish Me View Post
    Wouldn't happen to be this one?

A Circle of One's Own
    DAAAAAANG!!!! You guys are good!! That IS it!! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by smargs View Post
    Pretty much anything by Aussie73 is good.

There's another story I read sometime ago that has something to do with how Jack being physically close to Sam somehow causes her to heal more rapidly.

In that story, Jack is a general and Sam is working at Area 51. In his "General" capacity, Jack is visiting Area 51 and visiting Sam. At some point in the story, there's a radiation leak in one of the labs, and another scientist is trapped in the lab and can't get out. There appears to be nothing anybody can do, until Sam either goes in without any protective gear or hurriedly gets into protective gear and goes in to rescue the other scientist. I think the other scientist does get rescued, but Sam has been in the lab too long and somehow is exposed to the radiation as well. She's rescued, but her suvival is in question. I don't recall why Jack gets into bed with her, but because he does her health starts to improve. She's unconscious during all this. At one point a doctor notices how when Jack moves away from Sam, Sam's condition almost immediately starts to deteriorate, and when he touches her she immediately starts to get better. (It has something to do with the ancient gene that Jack has.) So Jack winds up having to stay in the bed with Sam until she is out of danger and wakes up. That's about all I remember. Does this ring any bells with anyone?
    Last edited by hedwig; September 19th, 2008 at 06:18 PM.