Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, all. First time poster (long time non-posting member).

I'm hoping someone recognises this story - it's bugging me.

Sam is being tortured (or at least imprisoned) by a baddie somewhere and at first it seems like Jack is there too, but it turns out that he (or maybe she) is only a hologram and although he can talk to her, he can't help or interact with her. I think he's stalling, waiting for a team to rescue her.

Sketchy details, I know. I hope someone recognises it.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post

Sam is being tortured (or at least imprisoned) by a baddie somewhere and at first it seems like Jack is there too, but it turns out that he (or maybe she) is only a hologram and although he can talk to her, he can't help or interact with her. I think he's stalling, waiting for a team to rescue her.

Thanks.
      I remember a fic where Sam was captured (Ba'al) if memory serves and Sam hallucinated Jack encouraging her to escape (all of which failed) until Jack actually came to rescue her. Before that when Sam was captured, the SGC believed her dead but Jack was convinced that she is still alive and hatches a rescue plan with Jacob. After Sam is rescued she and Jack have a heart-to-heart talk and decide to be together. Part of Jack's supplies for the rescue were Sam's pair of fluffy bunny house slippers given to her by Cassie.

The name of the above fic I described currently escapes me and may not be what you are looking for.

EDIT: Found the fic I described in my archives. It is AWOL by JenCamp. It was available on the now defunct Always & Forever archive.
      Last edited by iiradned; 28 July 2017, 10:47 AM.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Thanks.
        I remember this one but have a bad memory when it comes to titles/authors. In the fic, the reader didn't realize Jack was a hologram while Sam was slowly dying. There was a bottle/glass (?) of water there too but she couldn't reach it and Jack couldn't give it to her because he wasn't really there. He was trying to keep her alive until rescue arrived.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks.
          This could sound like Untouchable by Phoenix-cry. And even if it isn't, then please read it, it's a great story.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
            This could sound like Untouchable by Phoenix-cry. And even if it isn't, then please read it, it's a great story.
            A ha! Many thanks - that's the one (I recognised the pirate joke at the beginning straight away).

Thank you for everyone's suggestions. I'll check them out too.

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by RosyApple View Post
                Hi. Hopefully someone can help me find this story. I don't remember much of what happens but just one scene near the end I think. Sam dies in the story but the Asgard create a clone body for her because they once took her DNA or something. Jack is asked by Thor if her new body should have the protein marker and he says yes, something about it being who she is. Sam can see the convo because her consciousness has already been put in the clone body. I think she is deliberating whether to return to SG1 and then hearing Jack makes her mind up. She enters the room and Jack remarks, something like, "that was quick."

Anyone recognise?
                THat one is mine I think. Room for Today. IT's on A03

https://archiveofourown.org/works/444947
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  THat one is mine I think. Room for Today. IT's on A03

https://archiveofourown.org/works/444947
                  YES! Yes it is! Thank you. Omg I have been looking for it for months. Great fic!

Comment

Originally posted by RosyApple View Post
                    YES! Yes it is! Thank you. Omg I have been looking for it for months. Great fic!
                    Thanks
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone here know any Stargate fan fiction involving a Goa'uld possessed a person on Earth and exploring our world (possibly coming in contact with the SGC)?
                      Support Cascadia!

Join United States Government Simulation!

Comment

I can't remember the title, unfortunately, but I know there's at least one of those on AO3 that pops up if you use the tags "gen" "jack o'neill" and sort according to hits.

Sorry to be so unspecific. I don't read many "goa'uld on Earth" fics.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Thanks!
                          Support Cascadia!

Join United States Government Simulation!

Comment

Hi,
                            I've been looking for this SG-1 fic, where the team were offworld, when Jack started to get sick. And on their way back to the Gate, Jack insisted that they helped a tiger-like creature trapped into a dry well-ish.
                            By the time they finally arrived home, Jack was very sick. Turned out Jack got sick because of some tapeworm (cmiiw) due to consuming unclean water.

Read that almost ten years ago, when I just started reading fanfics, and I managed to get to most of my favorite fics from that time (and saved it, both online and offline). Except the one I mentioned above.
                            Anybody have any idea??
                            I don't whether I screwed up or mixed up the details or not, but I do believe it was an SG-1 fic...
                            Thanks before

Comment

Hm...I hope nobody kills me if I use this to look for certain types of fanfiction (if so: @moderators either tell me to open a new thread or cut this out and make one!):

I am looking for:

1. Alternate Universes where the SGC and/or Earth gets technology (to make ships, weapons etc.) way earlier than in canon or where Earth just is more advanced from the get go (especially since this changes the approach to certain episodes - like rescuing Jack and Teal'c themselves when they are stuck in the X-301...or not even having that problem!)

2. Continuation fanfictions that deal with what happens after SGA's 5th season and SGU's season 2nd (can be with an entirely new cast/team or with the "old" people)

An example of the first type would be "XSGCOM" (it's a crossover of Stargate SG-1/SGA and the X-Com computer-games...I like it because it shows earth's military really being a military and stomping the Goa'uld into the ground with tactics (they play all the Goa'uld against the middle, supporting whoever is weakest by attacking his/her enemy etc.), ingeniuty (using staff-weapons and staff-cannons to make rotary-staff-weapons (gatling-guns!) for example), alliances (they find stuff that even the Tollan want, so that they are willing to trade some of their technology - no they don't get the Ion-Cannons after 5 minutes)) etc.)

I am also looking for one particular fanfiction that does one thing that also happens in XSGCOM:

Humanity makes Staff-Rifles out of staff-weapons (in this case they combine two staff weapons to double the rate of fire or double to punch via a selector!) and they also do something that doesn't happen in XSGCOM: They re-ink killed Jaffa to make it look like another Goa'uld had attacked (they also keep dead Jaffa on ice for that purpose if I remember this right!) and it works, because they don't use projectile weapons in those attacks (so all the Goa'uld find are staff-scorch-marks!)

So, stage is yours

greetings LAX
                              Last edited by Laxian of Earth; 07 January 2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

These may not be the type of stories you are looking for, but they have lots and lots of technology and ships (probably far sooner than we should have had them).

1. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6237851/1/ - The Ongoing Journey

2. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6951286/1/ - A New Dawn

Comment

Working...
                                X