This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smargs View Post
    It's called "Letting Go" by Aussie73. I found it at www.sjalways-forever.jackandsamforever.net
    Originally posted by Bucky View Post
    ^^ Here's a more direct link:
    Letting Go
    Bucky
    FANTASTIC-O! I love you guys!

Just sayin', I think I couldn't find it because I thought the event took place at the beginning, and it doesn't. Off to re-read and fave!
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Ok, I am afraid this might be one of the hundreds of fics that seems to have gotten lost since Stargatefan.com updated their fanfics.

It was a fic where SG-1 all had to take IQ tests. It is a humourous one. Jack is nervous, Sam is competitive, Teal'c is curious, and Daniel doesn't care because the tests aren't accurate. The actual testing takes up most the story and is hilarious because they are all acting like kids in detention: making noise, Daniel wanting his coffee with him, then having to use the bathroom, etc.

Anyone know it?

And a second one I KNOW was on Stargatefan was a short fic from Janet's point of view that takes place in the infirmary right after Daniel is brought in with the radiation poisoning on Kelowna. Shows Janet trying to separate the doctor part of her mind from the emotional part that knows he will die.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        Ok, I am afraid this might be one of the hundreds of fics that seems to have gotten lost since Stargatefan.com updated their fanfics.

It was a fic where SG-1 all had to take IQ tests. It is a humourous one. Jack is nervous, Sam is competitive, Teal'c is curious, and Daniel doesn't care because the tests aren't accurate. The actual testing takes up most the story and is hilarious because they are all acting like kids in detention: making noise, Daniel wanting his coffee with him, then having to use the bathroom, etc.

Anyone know it?

<snip>
        Wouldn't happen to be this one?

A Circle of One's Own
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Wouldn't happen to be this one?

A Circle of One's Own
          DAAAAAANG!!!! You guys are good!! That IS it!! Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by smargs View Post
            It's called "Letting Go" by Aussie73. I found it at www.sjalways-forever.jackandsamforever.net
            Pretty much anything by Aussie73 is good.

There's another story I read sometime ago that has something to do with how Jack being physically close to Sam somehow causes her to heal more rapidly.

In that story, Jack is a general and Sam is working at Area 51. In his "General" capacity, Jack is visiting Area 51 and visiting Sam. At some point in the story, there's a radiation leak in one of the labs, and another scientist is trapped in the lab and can't get out. There appears to be nothing anybody can do, until Sam either goes in without any protective gear or hurriedly gets into protective gear and goes in to rescue the other scientist. I think the other scientist does get rescued, but Sam has been in the lab too long and somehow is exposed to the radiation as well. She's rescued, but her suvival is in question. I don't recall why Jack gets into bed with her, but because he does her health starts to improve. She's unconscious during all this. At one point a doctor notices how when Jack moves away from Sam, Sam's condition almost immediately starts to deteriorate, and when he touches her she immediately starts to get better. (It has something to do with the ancient gene that Jack has.) So Jack winds up having to stay in the bed with Sam until she is out of danger and wakes up. That's about all I remember. Does this ring any bells with anyone?
            Last edited by hedwig; 19 September 2008, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Pretty much anything by Aussie73 is good.

There's another story I read sometime ago that has something to do with how Jack being physically close to Sam somehow causes her to heal more rapidly.

In that story, Jack is a general and Sam is working at Area 51. In his "General" capacity, Jack is visiting Area 51 and visiting Sam. At some point in the story, there's a radiation leak in one of the labs, and another scientist is trapped in the lab and can't get out. There appears to be nothing anybody can do, until Sam either goes in without any protective gear or hurriedly gets into protective gear and goes in to rescue the other scientist. I think the other scientist does get rescued, but Sam has been in the lab too long and somehow is exposed to the radiation as well. She's rescued, but her suvival is in question. I don't recall why Jack gets into bed with her, but because he does her health starts to improve. She's unconscious during all this. At one point a doctor notices how when Jack moves away from Sam, Sam's condition almost immediately starts to deteriorate, and when he touches her she immediately starts to get better. (It has something to do with the ancient gene that Jack has.) So Jack winds up having to stay in the bed with Sam until she is out of danger and wakes up. That's about all I remember. Does this ring any bells with anyone?
              Okay, wow. That's just so much like Letting Go fic that was linked above.

I kept reading and re-reading your post coz it sounded so familiar... and it's so much like Letting Go.

Not much help am I?

Even with the similarities I would like to read it. So I hope that someone does know what's the name of the fic.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                DAAAAAANG!!!! You guys are good!! That IS it!! Thank you so much!
                You're welcome!
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, wow. That's just so much like Letting Go fic that was linked above.

I kept reading and re-reading your post coz it sounded so familiar... and it's so much like Letting Go.

Not much help am I?

Even with the similarities I would like to read it. So I hope that someone does know what's the name of the fic.
                  "Letting Go" was a good story. I had to go back and look at it to remember what it was about, and it was good. But, no, it isn't that story that I was describing. I also hope somebody will remember it and give a link to it. I read it quite awhile ago and don't recall if I saved it (it would take a really long time to go through all my saved fanfiction, though that's not a bad idea).

Comment

Okay, I swear that I started reading this fic awhile back and quit because it wasn't really my cup of tea. And I'm positive I found it through Strix's Sam Whump list. I just looked at it and I'd swear that the fic was Missing Something by Annunaki. Doesn't it start with him visting her and she's working on something and he gives her the idea to solve it? That's the fic I'm remembering only it doesn't appear to be available anymore. It was on fanfiction.net but all you get is a "Story ID not found" when you follow the links.

There's an LJ group called Stargate Search that's around specifically to find fics people can't remember the title of etc. It's a pretty efficient groups of people. Maybe you should check with them.

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
                      Okay, I swear that I started reading this fic awhile back and quit because it wasn't really my cup of tea. And I'm positive I found it through Strix's Sam Whump list. I just looked at it and I'd swear that the fic was Missing Something by Annunaki. Doesn't it start with him visting her and she's working on something and he gives her the idea to solve it? That's the fic I'm remembering only it doesn't appear to be available anymore. It was on fanfiction.net but all you get is a "Story ID not found" when you follow the links.

There's an LJ group called Stargate Search that's around specifically to find fics people can't remember the title of etc. It's a pretty efficient groups of people. Maybe you should check with them.

Well, thanks to the effort of a couple of members (DevilishMe and Nell), the story has been found. It is "Missing Something" by Annunaki. And I just want to say thank you.

Now, I'm looking for another one I read sometime ago. It has to do with the stake-out scene at Daniel's house in "Chimera". Pete showed up, Osiris/Sarah came out of the house, and somehow during the ensuing melee, Osiris wound up in Pete, who escapes (for awhile). Does this sound familiar to anyone? Title? Author? I didn't save it when I read it (**shame on me**), and would like to find it again.

Comment

Well, thanks to the effort of a couple of members (DevilishMe and Nell), the story has been found. It is "Missing Something" by Annunaki. And I just want to say thank you.

Now, I'm looking for another one I read sometime ago. It has to do with the stake-out scene at Daniel's house in "Chimera". Pete showed up, Osiris/Sarah came out of the house, and somehow during the ensuing melee, Osiris wound up in Pete, who escapes (for awhile). Does this sound familiar to anyone? Title? Author? I didn't save it when I read it (**shame on me**), and would like to find it again.
                        It reminds me of Changing the Past by JamSack. It's a sequel to "Samantha's Wedding," and it involves Jack going back in time, trying to undo the damage to his and Sam's relationship, so that she wouldn't end up marrying Pete. It has 26 chapters, and I think... chapter 18/19 have the part you're talking about. Hope that's it!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm looking for a story I read a long while back. SG-1 and Jacob and Martouf are on a mission to a planet, and Sam falls into some sort of old water well or something. Long time ago there was a Goa'uld on this planet and he had put a drug in the water, but they think it might be a virus. Sam gets real chilly and then horny, I think. The rest of the team goes back for Janet, but Martouf/Lantash stays to look after her. They end up having sex (not graphic), then are very embarrassed. Oh, and Jacob is a bit angry when he comes back.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?
                          sigpic
                          button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                            I'm looking for a story I read a long while back. SG-1 and Jacob and Martouf are on a mission to a planet, and Sam falls into some sort of old water well or something. Long time ago there was a Goa'uld on this planet and he had put a drug in the water, but they think it might be a virus. Sam gets real chilly and then horny, I think. The rest of the team goes back for Janet, but Martouf/Lantash stays to look after her. They end up having sex (not graphic), then are very embarrassed. Oh, and Jacob is a bit angry when he comes back.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?
                            Yes...actually it does. I've read it.

(after searching through some bookmarked pages)

It's "Compromising Situations" by Anise.

http://uk.geocities.com/anise01uk/co...ituations.html
                            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

It reminds me of Changing the Past by JamSack. It's a sequel to "Samantha's Wedding," and it involves Jack going back in time, trying to undo the damage to his and Sam's relationship, so that she wouldn't end up marrying Pete. It has 26 chapters, and I think... chapter 18/19 have the part you're talking about. Hope that's it!
                              Yessss! That's the one! Thank you. I had forgotten that it was part of another story, since it's been quite awhile since I read it. I have now saved it so I can read it again.

Comment

Yessss! That's the one! Thank you. I had forgotten that it was part of another story, since it's been quite awhile since I read it. I have now saved it so I can read it again.
                                Welcome.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X