Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4047484950
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1000

Default Re: Fic Search thread

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    Ok, so two computers ago, I had all sorts of fic links. Now, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and am looking for a site, author, etc that I can no longer find. Her most popular fic seemed to be a Sam/Jack crossover with Tom Clancy books. Maybe JAG too? I might be mixing up fic. At any rate, Sam/Jack we're kidnapped and made slaves by a God's on a made up planet - Panersh iirc. They barely manage to rescue themselves and end up on trial. Details are a bit fuzzy.

Does this ring bells with anyone?
    Does Sam come back pregnant with twins? That would be a JAG cross-over fic with Harm and Mac defending Jack and Sam.

Or, when they came back, did they get caught having sex and they got court-martialed with Sam getting demoted and Jack decided to just retire instead of being demoted? Sam was then assigned to a job in Russia working with the female Russian scientist from "Watergate" (Dr. Svetlana Markov).
    Last edited by hedwig; July 13th, 2017 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    Ok, so two computers ago, I had all sorts of fic links. Now, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and am looking for a site, author, etc that I can no longer find. Her most popular fic seemed to be a Sam/Jack crossover with Tom Clancy books. Maybe JAG too? I might be mixing up fic. At any rate, Sam/Jack we're kidnapped and made slaves by a God's on a made up planet - Panersh iirc. They barely manage to rescue themselves and end up on trial. Details are a bit fuzzy.

Does this ring bells with anyone?
    A New Life by Brenna. You're not misremembering the xovers in the fic, it was primarily a JAG xover set after Jack Ryan (with a cameo) had become president.

The author's (now defunct) website also had an unfinished 3 chapter sequel (which I saved) that I can send to you after PMing me where you want it sent.

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    Does Sam come back pregnant with twins? That would be a JAG cross-over fic with Harm and Mac defending Jack and Sam.

Or, when they came back, did they get caught having sex and they got court-martialed with Sam getting demoted and Jack decided to just retire instead of being demoted?
    Your second description rings a bell for me for a fic by Gen Varel on Always & Forever but I could be wrong.
    Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty!
    loves and loves right back.

No w/o a and no w/o a
    It's an immutable law of the multiverse.

Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post

Or, when they came back, did they get caught having sex and they got court-martialed with Sam getting demoted and Jack decided to just retire instead of being demoted?
    Quote Originally Posted by iiradned View Post
    A New Life by Brenna. You're not misremembering the xovers in the fic, it was primarily a JAG xover set after Jack Ryan (with a cameo) had become president.

The author's (now defunct) website also had an unfinished 3 chapter sequel (which I saved) that I can send to you after PMing me where you want it sent.

Your second description rings a bell for me for a fic by Gen Varel on Always & Forever but I could be wrong.
    Awesome! Thank you both! It was the first one I was in reference to.

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

The second story where Jack and Sam are caught having sex is "Cauterized People" by ALC Punk, Story ID 2247988 on fanfiction.net.

Here's a link to Brenna's "A New Life".

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/676741/1/A-New-Life

Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

Thank you!

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Does anyone remember a pre-series fic in which Sam is being trained for black ops (I think) by Jack? Ferretti and Kawalsk were also on the team, I think. It was either a series or really long fic, I'm leaning towards series. I think it was both training and some actual missions. Not the semi-recent one on Ao3 by the Paradox author. It was probably published closer to a decade ago, before AO3 was around. On FFnet or possibly older archive.
    My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Quote Originally Posted by fems View Post
    Does anyone remember a pre-series fic in which Sam is being trained for black ops (I think) by Jack? Ferretti and Kawalsk were also on the team, I think. It was either a series or really long fic, I'm leaning towards series. I think it was both training and some actual missions. Not the semi-recent one on Ao3 by the Paradox author. It was probably published closer to a decade ago, before AO3 was around. On FFnet or possibly older archive.
    About the only fics I know of where Sam was doing black ops with Jack pre-series is by HDorothy but the last time I read any of her stuff was close to a decade ago.

No w/o a and no w/o a

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by fems View Post
    Does anyone remember a pre-series fic in which Sam is being trained for black ops (I think) by Jack? Ferretti and Kawalsk were also on the team, I think.
    For More Than Country, by Regency maybe? It was originally posted to her website and to FF.net about 8 or 9 years ago, I believe. She used to say she was going to rewrite it, but she never did.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by iiradned View Post
    About the only fics I know of where Sam was doing black ops with Jack pre-series is by HDorothy but the last time I read any of her stuff was close to a decade ago.
    Are you sure? I don't see one on her page that looks like it's pre-series black ops.
    My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    For More Than Country, by Regency maybe? It was originally posted to her website and to FF.net about 8 or 9 years ago, I believe. She used to say she was going to rewrite it, but she never did.

Seaboe
    No, I don't think that's it... but I'll read it (again) and let you know.

ETA:
    Yes, it is this fic! Thank you!
    Last edited by fems; July 17th, 2017 at 12:37 PM.

Probie

Hello, all. First time poster (long time non-posting member).

I'm hoping someone recognises this story - it's bugging me.

Sam is being tortured (or at least imprisoned) by a baddie somewhere and at first it seems like Jack is there too, but it turns out that he (or maybe she) is only a hologram and although he can talk to her, he can't help or interact with her. I think he's stalling, waiting for a team to rescue her.

Sketchy details, I know. I hope someone recognises it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by azza View Post

Sam is being tortured (or at least imprisoned) by a baddie somewhere and at first it seems like Jack is there too, but it turns out that he (or maybe she) is only a hologram and although he can talk to her, he can't help or interact with her. I think he's stalling, waiting for a team to rescue her.

Thanks.
    I remember a fic where Sam was captured (Ba'al) if memory serves and Sam hallucinated Jack encouraging her to escape (all of which failed) until Jack actually came to rescue her. Before that when Sam was captured, the SGC believed her dead but Jack was convinced that she is still alive and hatches a rescue plan with Jacob. After Sam is rescued she and Jack have a heart-to-heart talk and decide to be together. Part of Jack's supplies for the rescue were Sam's pair of fluffy bunny house slippers given to her by Cassie.

The name of the above fic I described currently escapes me and may not be what you are looking for.

EDIT: Found the fic I described in my archives. It is AWOL by JenCamp. It was available on the now defunct Always & Forever archive.
    Last edited by iiradned; July 28th, 2017 at 11:47 AM.

No w/o a and no w/o a

Thanks.
    I remember this one but have a bad memory when it comes to titles/authors. In the fic, the reader didn't realize Jack was a hologram while Sam was slowly dying. There was a bottle/glass (?) of water there too but she couldn't reach it and Jack couldn't give it to her because he wasn't really there. He was trying to keep her alive until rescue arrived.

Thanks.
    This could sound like Untouchable by Phoenix-cry. And even if it isn't, then please read it, it's a great story.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    This could sound like Untouchable by Phoenix-cry. And even if it isn't, then please read it, it's a great story.
    A ha! Many thanks - that's the one (I recognised the pirate joke at the beginning straight away).

Thank you for everyone's suggestions. I'll check them out too.

You're welcome

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by RosyApple View Post
    Hi. Hopefully someone can help me find this story. I don't remember much of what happens but just one scene near the end I think. Sam dies in the story but the Asgard create a clone body for her because they once took her DNA or something. Jack is asked by Thor if her new body should have the protein marker and he says yes, something about it being who she is. Sam can see the convo because her consciousness has already been put in the clone body. I think she is deliberating whether to return to SG1 and then hearing Jack makes her mind up. She enters the room and Jack remarks, something like, "that was quick."

Anyone recognise?
    THat one is mine I think. Room for Today. IT's on A03

https://archiveofourown.org/works/444947

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    THat one is mine I think. Room for Today. IT's on A03

https://archiveofourown.org/works/444947
    YES! Yes it is! Thank you. Omg I have been looking for it for months. Great fic!

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by RosyApple View Post
    YES! Yes it is! Thank you. Omg I have been looking for it for months. Great fic!
    Thanks

Staff Sergeant

Does anyone here know any Stargate fan fiction involving a Goa'uld possessed a person on Earth and exploring our world (possibly coming in contact with the SGC)?