Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 414849505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1037
    Captain

Default Re: Fic Search thread

I can't remember the title, unfortunately, but I know there's at least one of those on AO3 that pops up if you use the tags "gen" "jack o'neill" and sort according to hits.

Sorry to be so unspecific. I don't read many "goa'uld on Earth" fics.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Probie

Hi,
    I've been looking for this SG-1 fic, where the team were offworld, when Jack started to get sick. And on their way back to the Gate, Jack insisted that they helped a tiger-like creature trapped into a dry well-ish.
    By the time they finally arrived home, Jack was very sick. Turned out Jack got sick because of some tapeworm (cmiiw) due to consuming unclean water.

Read that almost ten years ago, when I just started reading fanfics, and I managed to get to most of my favorite fics from that time (and saved it, both online and offline). Except the one I mentioned above.
    Anybody have any idea??
    I don't whether I screwed up or mixed up the details or not, but I do believe it was an SG-1 fic...
    Thanks before

Center Back

Hm...I hope nobody kills me if I use this to look for certain types of fanfiction (if so: @moderators either tell me to open a new thread or cut this out and make one!):

I am looking for:

1. Alternate Universes where the SGC and/or Earth gets technology (to make ships, weapons etc.) way earlier than in canon or where Earth just is more advanced from the get go (especially since this changes the approach to certain episodes - like rescuing Jack and Teal'c themselves when they are stuck in the X-301...or not even having that problem!)

2. Continuation fanfictions that deal with what happens after SGA's 5th season and SGU's season 2nd (can be with an entirely new cast/team or with the "old" people)

An example of the first type would be "XSGCOM" (it's a crossover of Stargate SG-1/SGA and the X-Com computer-games...I like it because it shows earth's military really being a military and stomping the Goa'uld into the ground with tactics (they play all the Goa'uld against the middle, supporting whoever is weakest by attacking his/her enemy etc.), ingeniuty (using staff-weapons and staff-cannons to make rotary-staff-weapons (gatling-guns!) for example), alliances (they find stuff that even the Tollan want, so that they are willing to trade some of their technology - no they don't get the Ion-Cannons after 5 minutes)) etc.)

I am also looking for one particular fanfiction that does one thing that also happens in XSGCOM:

Humanity makes Staff-Rifles out of staff-weapons (in this case they combine two staff weapons to double the rate of fire or double to punch via a selector!) and they also do something that doesn't happen in XSGCOM: They re-ink killed Jaffa to make it look like another Goa'uld had attacked (they also keep dead Jaffa on ice for that purpose if I remember this right!) and it works, because they don't use projectile weapons in those attacks (so all the Goa'uld find are staff-scorch-marks!)

So, stage is yours

greetings LAX
    Last edited by Laxian of Earth; January 7th, 2018 at 05:14 PM.

These may not be the type of stories you are looking for, but they have lots and lots of technology and ships (probably far sooner than we should have had them).

1. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6237851/1/ - The Ongoing Journey

2. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6951286/1/ - A New Dawn

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

There's a fan-written virtual season 6 of Stargate Atlantis: Atlantis Rising
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Center Back

'kay, thanks! I will check those out - Any other suggestions are of course still appreciated!

greetings LAX

Probie

Hi guys! I've been looking for a fic where someone has a vision or something and knows that a person called Daniel Jackson will be important for Earth's survival, and the SGC look him up and he's... 10 years old, and somehow Jack ends up adopting him.

There's also another one where Daniel is a kid, again about 10 or so, and ends up getting adopted by Jack and Sarah, and Charlie is still alive, and they don't get along real well at first. I think it's a series, and it's killing me that I can't find it again!

I've lost a fic I read recently, forgot to bookmark it and I can't find it in my history. Despite being able to recall a few specific things and phrases in the fic, I can't remember the exact wording, so google is also not helping.
    Here's what I got
    - Jack and Sam are married (p sure)
    - Sam's pregnant
    - there are many, many instances of SG-1 being extremely close with each other
    - at one point Sam is in bed with morning(all-day) sickness, and Teal'c climbs in to cuddle and comfort her?
    - Daniel refers to the baby as 'theirs' as in, the baby belongs to all of SG-1. Sam agrees(?)
    - Jack pops his head in to check on Sam in bed and Daniel is there spooning her and Jack thinks or says something like 'any other man would be upset at finding his wife in bed with his best friend' and just kinda shakes his head and continues on
    - at one point Daniel tells Sam he (and Teal'c) love her and kisses Sam's lips but it's also not romantic or weird, either
    - Sam in labour and the nurse thinks Daniel is the father, Jack steps up, and the nurse invites him to come in with Sam but Sam says she needs all three of them in the room.

I'd much appreciate any help finding it, and I will be bookmarking it if it is found. Much ta!

I'm not sure there is one fic that fits all of your parameters and the following suggestions may not be what you are looking for.

Beauty and Nothing More part 1 of a series by the same name by MissParker has a scene with Daniel and Sam cuddling in bed. On another occasion has Teal'c rubbing lotion all the baby bump.

Sam and Jack's child being an SG-1 baby for brings up Secrets Revealed by Linda Bindner but Sam and Jack are not married in this one.
    Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty!
    loves and loves right back.

No w/o a and no w/o a
    It's an immutable law of the multiverse.

Ah jeez, yeah it was the Beauty and Nothing More one. Thanks heaps. Can't believe I missed that in my ao3 history ?
    Also gonna give Secrets Revealed a read, ta

And apparently I was also mixing a few fics together :/

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    I believe the story you are looking for is "Rebuilding the Puzzle" by Passionate Cec.
    I can't find this online. Does anyone have the link or file?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dottybunny View Post
    I can't find this online. Does anyone have the link or file?

Thanks
    If you PM me your email, I have it saved on my computer and can send it to you.

Heart Re: Fic Search thread

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    If you PM me your email, I have it saved on my computer and can send it to you.
    Thank you!!!!

I've PMed you my email address.

Probie

Hey guys. I am looking for a certain kind of fanfiction.
    And I'm looking for fanfiction that will handle the time in which Jack is in Washington.

I read some good ones, but I did not save them. I only know that they were partly S / J and never Slash.

Can you help me?

Here are some of the fics that have Jack working in DC.

Secret Life of a Major General
    DC Series
    All's Well that Ends Well
    Lost Soul
    Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty!
    loves and loves right back.

No w/o a and no w/o a
    It's an immutable law of the multiverse.

Probie

Does anyone have archived versions of the Telkena fics that are not on samandjack.net? Seems a lot have been lost since heliopolis and jackandsamforever.net were taken down.

Some of the ones I'm looking for include: Mata-Hari; Hot Toddy; A Life Undone; Play With Me/Game Over/Settling the Score "Series"; One Man; Better or Worse; Simple Things in Life; To Feel Again; Three Fries Short Of A... Fruit Salad?; She's Loving Him Still; Jack's Seven Deadly Sins; Sam's Seven Deadly Sins; Game Over; Merry Christmas at Last; Settling the Score...

Thanks!

Does anyone happen to have the more adult version of Jumpin' Jack by Aussie73? There was apparently a smutty extra chapter only posted on sjnc17.stargate-brats but that site is no longer active and wayback didn't find what I'm looking for *sad face*
    I'm having the same problem with Communion by HelenT, but the other website is sjalways-forever.
    Sanky for any help

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKalGibbs View Post
    Does anyone happen to have the more adult version of Jumpin' Jack by Aussie73? There was apparently a smutty extra chapter only posted on sjnc17.stargate-brats but that site is no longer active and wayback didn't find what I'm looking for *sad face*
    I'm having the same problem with Communion by HelenT, but the other website is sjalways-forever.
    Sanky for any help
    I don't know if it's the version you are looking for, but I have the Jumping Jack at story in my file of stories and will send it to you.

Actually, I will try to send you this and the other one. At the moment, I seem to be unable to copy and paste from my document file to an email. I will keep trying though.