Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fic Search thread

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    Pretty much anything by Aussie73 is good.

There's another story I read sometime ago that has something to do with how Jack being physically close to Sam somehow causes her to heal more rapidly.

In that story, Jack is a general and Sam is working at Area 51. In his "General" capacity, Jack is visiting Area 51 and visiting Sam. At some point in the story, there's a radiation leak in one of the labs, and another scientist is trapped in the lab and can't get out. There appears to be nothing anybody can do, until Sam either goes in without any protective gear or hurriedly gets into protective gear and goes in to rescue the other scientist. I think the other scientist does get rescued, but Sam has been in the lab too long and somehow is exposed to the radiation as well. She's rescued, but her suvival is in question. I don't recall why Jack gets into bed with her, but because he does her health starts to improve. She's unconscious during all this. At one point a doctor notices how when Jack moves away from Sam, Sam's condition almost immediately starts to deteriorate, and when he touches her she immediately starts to get better. (It has something to do with the ancient gene that Jack has.) So Jack winds up having to stay in the bed with Sam until she is out of danger and wakes up. That's about all I remember. Does this ring any bells with anyone?
    Okay, wow. That's just so much like Letting Go fic that was linked above.

I kept reading and re-reading your post coz it sounded so familiar... and it's so much like Letting Go.

Not much help am I?

Even with the similarities I would like to read it. So I hope that someone does know what's the name of the fic.
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Quote Originally Posted by Crichiel View Post
    DAAAAAANG!!!! You guys are good!! That IS it!! Thank you so much!
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish Me View Post
    Okay, wow. That's just so much like Letting Go fic that was linked above.

I kept reading and re-reading your post coz it sounded so familiar... and it's so much like Letting Go.

Not much help am I?

Even with the similarities I would like to read it. So I hope that someone does know what's the name of the fic.
    "Letting Go" was a good story. I had to go back and look at it to remember what it was about, and it was good. But, no, it isn't that story that I was describing. I also hope somebody will remember it and give a link to it. I read it quite awhile ago and don't recall if I saved it (it would take a really long time to go through all my saved fanfiction, though that's not a bad idea).

In that story, Jack is a general and Sam is working at Area 51. In his "General" capacity, Jack is visiting Area 51 and visiting Sam. At some point in the story, there's a radiation leak in one of the labs, and another scientist is trapped in the lab and can't get out. There appears to be nothing anybody can do, until Sam either goes in without any protective gear or hurriedly gets into protective gear and goes in to rescue the other scientist. I think the other scientist does get rescued, but Sam has been in the lab too long and somehow is exposed to the radiation as well. She's rescued, but her suvival is in question. I don't recall why Jack gets into bed with her, but because he does her health starts to improve. She's unconscious during all this. At one point a doctor notices how when Jack moves away from Sam, Sam's condition almost immediately starts to deteriorate, and when he touches her she immediately starts to get better. (It has something to do with the ancient gene that Jack has.) So Jack winds up having to stay in the bed with Sam until she is out of danger and wakes up. That's about all I remember. Does this ring any bells with anyone?
    Okay, I swear that I started reading this fic awhile back and quit because it wasn't really my cup of tea. And I'm positive I found it through Strix's Sam Whump list. I just looked at it and I'd swear that the fic was Missing Something by Annunaki. Doesn't it start with him visting her and she's working on something and he gives her the idea to solve it? That's the fic I'm remembering only it doesn't appear to be available anymore. It was on fanfiction.net but all you get is a "Story ID not found" when you follow the links.

There's an LJ group called Stargate Search that's around specifically to find fics people can't remember the title of etc. It's a pretty efficient groups of people. Maybe you should check with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sbz View Post
    Okay, I swear that I started reading this fic awhile back and quit because it wasn't really my cup of tea. And I'm positive I found it through Strix's Sam Whump list. I just looked at it and I'd swear that the fic was Missing Something by Annunaki. Doesn't it start with him visting her and she's working on something and he gives her the idea to solve it? That's the fic I'm remembering only it doesn't appear to be available anymore. It was on fanfiction.net but all you get is a "Story ID not found" when you follow the links.

There's an LJ group called Stargate Search that's around specifically to find fics people can't remember the title of etc. It's a pretty efficient groups of people. Maybe you should check with them.

Well, thanks to the effort of a couple of members (DevilishMe and Nell), the story has been found. It is "Missing Something" by Annunaki. And I just want to say thank you.

Now, I'm looking for another one I read sometime ago. It has to do with the stake-out scene at Daniel's house in "Chimera". Pete showed up, Osiris/Sarah came out of the house, and somehow during the ensuing melee, Osiris wound up in Pete, who escapes (for awhile). Does this sound familiar to anyone? Title? Author? I didn't save it when I read it (**shame on me**), and would like to find it again.

Well, thanks to the effort of a couple of members (DevilishMe and Nell), the story has been found. It is "Missing Something" by Annunaki. And I just want to say thank you.

Now, I'm looking for another one I read sometime ago. It has to do with the stake-out scene at Daniel's house in "Chimera". Pete showed up, Osiris/Sarah came out of the house, and somehow during the ensuing melee, Osiris wound up in Pete, who escapes (for awhile). Does this sound familiar to anyone? Title? Author? I didn't save it when I read it (**shame on me**), and would like to find it again.
    It reminds me of Changing the Past by JamSack. It's a sequel to "Samantha's Wedding," and it involves Jack going back in time, trying to undo the damage to his and Sam's relationship, so that she wouldn't end up marrying Pete. It has 26 chapters, and I think... chapter 18/19 have the part you're talking about. Hope that's it!

I'm looking for a story I read a long while back. SG-1 and Jacob and Martouf are on a mission to a planet, and Sam falls into some sort of old water well or something. Long time ago there was a Goa'uld on this planet and he had put a drug in the water, but they think it might be a virus. Sam gets real chilly and then horny, I think. The rest of the team goes back for Janet, but Martouf/Lantash stays to look after her. They end up having sex (not graphic), then are very embarrassed. Oh, and Jacob is a bit angry when he comes back.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJanson View Post
    I'm looking for a story I read a long while back. SG-1 and Jacob and Martouf are on a mission to a planet, and Sam falls into some sort of old water well or something. Long time ago there was a Goa'uld on this planet and he had put a drug in the water, but they think it might be a virus. Sam gets real chilly and then horny, I think. The rest of the team goes back for Janet, but Martouf/Lantash stays to look after her. They end up having sex (not graphic), then are very embarrassed. Oh, and Jacob is a bit angry when he comes back.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?
    Yes...actually it does. I've read it.

(after searching through some bookmarked pages)

It's "Compromising Situations" by Anise.

http://uk.geocities.com/anise01uk/co...ituations.html

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish Me View Post
    It reminds me of Changing the Past by JamSack. It's a sequel to "Samantha's Wedding," and it involves Jack going back in time, trying to undo the damage to his and Sam's relationship, so that she wouldn't end up marrying Pete. It has 26 chapters, and I think... chapter 18/19 have the part you're talking about. Hope that's it!
    Yessss! That's the one! Thank you. I had forgotten that it was part of another story, since it's been quite awhile since I read it. I have now saved it so I can read it again.

Yessss! That's the one! Thank you. I had forgotten that it was part of another story, since it's been quite awhile since I read it. I have now saved it so I can read it again.
    Welcome.

There's a story I read sometime ago where SG1 gets captured on a mission (again), and what I remember about it is that the 3 guys are either released or escape and get back to the SGC. Sam was also captured but didn't get back with them. Fairly soon thereafter, the gate somehow opens and her body is thrown back through the gate and she is dead. Everyone is obviously shocked and upset by all this, but they go about trying to figure out what happened. During the course of the next couple of days, the body deteriorates so quickly that Janet immediately suspects something is very wrong and discovers this isn't really Sam's body, but something like a copy or clone. The rest of the team goes back to the planet all this happened on and somehow discover the real Sam, who is still being held as a prisoner, and they rescue her. I don't recall what the explanation for all this is, but that story has been flitting around in my head for quite awhile, and it's annoying me that I can't remember the title/author.

There is another story that's similar, however, Sam is rescued almost immediately. As soon as the men are back at the SGC and realize Sam isn't with them, they insist on going back for her, but Hammond won't let them, saying they are too "close" to the issue. Instead, he sends Ferretti's team to find her.

I have the 2d story saved somewhere, but have been unable to remember the title or author of the first one. Does it sound familiar to anyone? Title? Author?

Chief Master Sergeant

Could someone leave a link to the fic "Missing Something" by Annunaki? Can't find it anywhere, thanks

I could be wrong but I think Annuknaki removed all her/his fics. There is no link to give.

Chief Master Sergeant

Thanks for the information. Guess that's why I couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmovies View Post
    Thanks for the information. Guess that's why I couldn't find it.
    I have it saved if you are willing to PM me your e-mail address. I'm pretty sure a couple of other members also have it saved.

Yeah, I think that's the only way you will be able to get a copy of it now, if someone emails it to you.

It just reiterates what Sky is always saying - save it whilst you can, if you like it, keep it!

Chief Master Sergeant

I have it saved if you are willing to PM me your e-mail address. I'm pretty sure a couple of other members also have it saved.
    How do I PM my e-mail address?

Probie

Default Looking for a fanfic

I read a fanfic a while back and have been looking for it the last week or so with no luck. I'm hoping someone here can help. It had the team being held by a prince or something like that. He wanted Carter to stay with him and she wouldn't. There was something like a pain stick, but it wan't a pain stick. It was touched to the temple to cause pain. The boys on the team would work in some mines during the day. It turned out that the whole thing was a test and they didn't really live it. It was all in their heads. Does this ring any bells for anyone? Does anyone remember the title?

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Looking for a fanfic

Quote Originally Posted by jadedfirefly View Post
    I read a fanfic a while back and have been looking for it the last week or so with no luck. I'm hoping someone here can help. It had the team being held by a prince or something like that. He wanted Carter to stay with him and she wouldn't. There was something like a pain stick, but it wan't a pain stick. It was touched to the temple to cause pain. The boys on the team would work in some mines during the day. It turned out that the whole thing was a test and they didn't really live it. It was all in their heads. Does this ring any bells for anyone? Does anyone remember the title?
    dunno the author, but it's called Character

try searching ff.net for it

Probie

Thanks so much! I found it.