supergate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supergate

hi, in the episode beachhead, the supergate was destroyed with vala interfearing with the energy. when the gate was destroyed. wouldn't all the peaces be flying around
    so couldn't we get them and build our own supergate

Surely they would be damaged tho, all the pieces i mean....
    Plus, it blew up quite close to a black hole, so many of the pieces were likely sucked into it or blown very far away be the detonation of the planet to form the micro-singularity.
    Meh.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

but couldn't we find one, and then just rebuild the others
        are all of the pieces the same

Comment

I'm pretty sure that that supergate was totalled by the explosion and heavily fragmented-in any case the Taur'i are not at the stargate building stage of technology yet even with the Asgard knowledge because the Asgard were never shown to have built their own!

Comment

Originally posted by striker7770 View Post
            but couldn't we find one, and then just rebuild the others
            Not a chance, sorry...

are all of the pieces the same
            I doubt it, considering that the dialing control crystal was located on only one of the links to the supergate, indicating that not all links were the same, otherwise we would have needed to reprogram all of the link's dialing crystals.... If that makes sense, whew! long sentence.
            Meh.

Comment

And with all the Lantian knowledge..... they haven't been shown to use that kind of tech either.
              http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

its like a gate, copying one piece over and over again and creating a new gate out of it wont work.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that that supergate was totalled by the explosion and heavily fragmented-in any case the Taur'i are not at the stargate building stage of technology yet even with the Asgard knowledge because the Asgard were never shown to have built their own!
                  Didn't the Tollan build their own?
                  Spoiler:
                  Too bad they are gone at this point
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shaod View Post
                    Didn't the Tollan build their own?
                    Spoiler:
                    Too bad they are gone at this point
                    The Tollan did but with the help of the Nox-remember we have no idea on the tech level differences between the 5 Great races as we know little of Nox and Furling tech. Plus the Stargate on Othalla was a standard MW version rather than a home built one (This is true of the Nox and the Furlings but they lived in the MW anyway!)

Comment

Working...
                    X