This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US vs Jaffa

Who would win in a war the armies of the Jaffa or the Army of the United States a year after WW2 ennded. No ships just ground forces but the US can use the planes that they have from WW2. Personally i would have to say the US beacuse they would have the experinced leaders and experinced troops. And if all else was to fail the US could always just use nukes untill the Jaffa army is no more.
    sigpic

Jaffa

1, there are a heck of a lot more of them than US troops.

2, US troops would be shocked at fighting aliens.

3, Jaffa are stronger so can last longer on the battlefield

4, Jaffa have their own planes which would probably blow anything the US had at that time out of the sky.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
      Jaffa

1, there are a heck of a lot more of them than US troops.

2, US troops would be shocked at fighting aliens.

3, Jaffa are stronger so can last longer on the battlefield

4, Jaffa have their own planes which would probably blow anything the US had at that time out of the sky.
      Yeah sorry dude, but I would have to agree with this person. Besides the fact why would we even go fight them in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
        Personally i would have to say the US beacuse they would have the experinced leaders and experinced troops.
        US troops - in war for 3 years?

Jaffa - fighting each other and subdugating worlds pretty much continuously for centuries under leaders who have been planning battles for millenia.
        sigpic

Comment

Well if the US can't even beat the Vietnamese's I would say the Jaffa would win!

Plus like someone else said, theres alot more of them and they have ships, hell all they would need is two or three Hataks, and then Nuke the US from Space!
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me
          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

hey dont look at me for the idea it was orinally in the stargate novel Roswell read it, its atcually a half decent book.
            sigpic

Comment

hey dont look at me for the idea it was orinally in the stargate novel Roswell read it, its atcually a half decent book.
              It was and the Gou'ald and the Jaffa trashed Earth!
              sigpic

Comment

It's really hard to translate this into a real world context, especially when you have the 4 members of SG-1 with a perfect kill to death ratio (except the time Apophis killed them, who isn't a Jaffa but might as well been one in that episode). I mean how many soldiers could say that they killed probably over 200 enemy troops in ground combat personally and survived? Probability just don't allow for such heroes in real life.

You also have to consider the fact that the Jaffa are as intelligent as humans, but are very, from what we've seen, limited in their tactical and technological variances. Simple things like radios could make a huge difference.

There are just a lot of things that happen in the Stargate Universe that would suggest that the Jaffa would lose in a real world battle. But if you give them real world tactics and simple common sense, I don't think the US would stand a chance.

Comment

Adding the SGC and SG1 would change it a bit but the OP's scenario didn't mention it was based on the book or include SG1.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think The Jaffa Would overpower us quite easily, by the fact that
                    They (Jaffa) have superior military tactical sense, even though (like The6ThRace said) it doesent have much variance it still proven to be quite effective.
                    Jaffas are generally much stronger than humans, and there are many of them, of course i dont know they equal in number to us or if they are more.
                    Jaffas have symbiotes that can heal wounds (unlike us they can come back into the fighting, perhaps fairly quickly), we humans (i use the words humans here as we talk about US vs. Jaffas), are incapacitated quite easily (i mean, if the wounds are somewhat serious, u propably are not going to fight anymore.)
                    If comparing "aircrafts" i would say that even the smallestJaffa/goua´uld-ship surpasses most US planes

Comment

I think we could only have a chance against the jaffa using hit-n-run tactics or surgical strikes. If the jaffa run the full scale frontal attack we'd be wiped out easily. They'd've gained domination in air quickly and with the support of mother ships it would be matter of time to conquer the earth.

of course we've got tanks and artillery and missile launchers but I dont think it would be sufficient enough
                      :A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

but what you are all forgeting is that the Jaffa have no gliders or hattaks
                        sigpic

Comment

but what you are all forgeting is that the Jaffa have no gliders or hattaks
                          If you want to say that, then technically all the staff weapons, hell, even their armor belong to the goa'uld. So now we have naked Jaffa warriors streaking down Sunset Avenue looking to fight you.

Comment

after the demise of goa'uld they have it all
                            :A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The Jaffa wouldn't win because they practically couldn't win. The US army have tanks, while the Jaffa don't. The US is also an industrial super power, while the Jaffa society, despite their more advanced weapons, are pre-industrial. That means that the US can replace tanks, fighters/bombers and ordinary weapons much faster than the Jaffa.

They would probably loose a few battles in the start because the bullets would simply bounce off Jaffa armours, but they would quickly recover as new and more powerful machine guns were made. As for tactics, the Jaffa wouldn't use any dirty tricks; not even if it's their only chance for victory. They are too honourable. There the US army also have an advantage. And, it should be noted, they'd still run straight into the gun-fire. It's how honourable warriors fight. The Japanese did that during WWII.

Plus like someone else said, theres alot more of them and they have ships, hell all they would need is two or three Hataks, and then Nuke the US from Space!
                              And, like the topic starter said, Ha'taks don't count.

Comment

Working...
                              X