This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BSG Intro

DISCLAIMER: I did use the search function and i didn't find anything of use..

After "Revelations" induced a youtube search frenzy for me, i kept coming to video's with the intro, before i had never understood what the woman is saying. Does anyone know what she is saying and if it has any clues to the plot?

link?
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

you mean the female voice in the main entrance ......i don't think she is saying anything just humming

Comment

The opening theme is Richard Gibbs' arrangement of the Gayatri Mantra, a sacred religious hymn to Surya, the Hindu Sun God.

Google it to find the translations/interpretations, it's pretty interesting stuff.

Comment

From Bear McCreary's blog;

'The Main Title (music by Richard Gibbs, lyrics traditional) is a performance of the Gayatri Mantra, sung in Sanskrit:

* Aum bhoor bhuwah swaha,
          * Tat savitur varenyam
          * Bhargo devasaya dheemahi
          * Dhiyo yo naha prachodayat

It has many translations, but the most common is:

* Oh God! Thou art the Giver of Life,
          * Remover of pain and sorrow,
          * The Bestower of happiness,
          * Oh! Creator of the Universe,
          * May we receive thy supreme sin-destroying light,
          * May Thou guide our intellect in the right direction.'
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            link?
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Ml1D6APK3M

Comment

^^ Not necessary, mapp already answered your question.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

yes the translation is very interesting...sort of reminds me of the cylon God for some reason

Comment

Probably because Hinduism was born geographically right next-door to the major Semitic religions, crosspollenisation of culture is inevitable. And since the Cylon conception of God is quite obviously based on RL human monotheism....
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If you want the mp3 version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vhknnjbxjnw
                    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

ooo thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X