ori vs. aincents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ori vs. aincents

who do you think would win if the armys of the ori and the physical aincents(non acended) went to war?

personally i think its all about numbers. whoever has more ships will win. so if the aincents built a fleet of aurora class war ships, say about 20 with zpms, they could clense the galexy of the ori in no time. thats b/c according to the other earth from the alternate reality they blew up a ship of the ori using drones and since the auroras use drones they could do some damage. plus with the zpms boosting their shields, the could probloy withstand multiple hits.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Well im pretty sure when the Ancients first left the Ori galaxy they were in the minority, so i would say the Ori. However it all depends on where they are fighting and how they are fighting but if its down to a pure numbers thing then yea id say it would be the Ori.

Comment

This is the same as "Jaffa army vs. modern day army." The Ancients would hold out for a long time with advanced technology and telekinesis, but eventually they'd be overwhelmed by numbers, most likely... unless they just took an Aurora and droned them all to death.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        This is the same as "Jaffa army vs. modern day army." The Ancients would hold out for a long time with advanced technology and telekinesis, but eventually they'd be overwhelmed by numbers, most likely... unless they just took an Aurora and droned them all to death.
        Precisely, the Ori have more people, but the Ancients have more ships.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
          Who do you think would win if the army's of the ori and the physical ancients(non ascended) went to war?

Personally i think its all about numbers. Whoever has more ships will win. so if the ancients built a fleet of aurora class war ships, say about 20 with zpms, they could cleanse the galaxy of the ori in no time. Thats b/c according to the other earth from the alternate reality they blew up a ship of the ori using drones and since the auroras use drones they could do some damage. Plus with the zpms boosting their shields, the could probably withstand multiple hits.
          I think the ones with the better grammar would win
          Visit my Website

Comment

Hands down without a doubt the Ori. Just because they have m ore of a military look than the Ancients do.

Comment

I think the Ancients. They would probably create a nanovirus to defeat the Ori... then after many years they realise that they've created Replicators that are taking over the Universe, so they chicken out and Ascend.

Comment

I think it would be the ancients. The ori where into religion and they ancients where into science. You talk about the ori having more numbers but 1 person with a nuke could take on a 1000 people with out a nuke. The ancients could create better weapons and shields than the ori so its a similar situation.

Comment

It depends on which Ori.

The Ori armies of now would defeat the Ancients. Aurora's no match for the Ori ships. Only Atlantis will be left and under siege.

But if the Ori of old, none-Ascended...Then the Ancients would win. Why? Ori were religious zealots, nowhere near Ancient techincal know how. Army of fools would not be able to defeat the Ancients if they stayed to fight.

Comment

Ori would win hands down, some things never change. And just because you have bad grammer does'nt mean that you will loose, look at Bush, need I say more.

Comment

Wait, are we asuming curent ori before merlin's device, and ancients at the height of their power?

Comment

It's going to be the side with greater numbers. Technology can only do so much and eventually if you have more people fighting you will overwhelm the opponent.
                        It also seems like the Ori people would be more devoted to war because of their fervent religious beliefs. There could even be conscientious objectors on the Ancient's side. They are more free-willed......
                        sigpic

Comment

Are the ori ascened? because if they are not then they would not have those ships.

Comment

I would say the Ori would win, here's my reasoning

1, The Ancients have proven time and again to be inept at fighting a war as during their war with the Wraith, they gift wrapped and posted 3 ZPM's for the Wraith who were then able to create a clone army

2, They rely on ammunition dependent ships to serve as the bulk of their fleet-this is even worse when the drone weapons are the only effective weapons thay have and are hard to make

3, Their ships are too long which doesn't hinder the speed but drastically hinders manouverability

4, The Ancients tend to create more problems than solve them like the Asurans, The Wraith, The Ori, Project Arcturas etc etc etc

5, The Ori made only one mistake- they didn't wipe the Alterans out when they had the chance

Technologically their nearly equal with the Ancients just ahead but their attitudes and decisions are not the wisest-therefore based on that the Ori would win

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                              I would say the Ori would win, here's my reasoning

1, The Ancients have proven time and again to be inept at fighting a war as during their war with the Wraith, they gift wrapped and posted 3 ZPM's for the Wraith who were then able to create a clone army

2, They rely on ammunition dependent ships to serve as the bulk of their fleet-this is even worse when the drone weapons are the only effective weapons thay have and are hard to make

3, Their ships are too long which doesn't hinder the speed but drastically hinders manouverability

4, The Ancients tend to create more problems than solve them like the Asurans, The Wraith, The Ori, Project Arcturas etc etc etc

5, The Ori made only one mistake- they didn't wipe the Alterans out when they had the chance

Technologically their nearly equal with the Ancients just ahead but their attitudes and decisions are not the wisest-therefore based on that the Ori would win

I'm sure I've heard through out the entire affair of Alterans versus Ori that even though the Ori out numbered the Alterans, the Alterans had more powerful technology. The Alterans didn't leave because they would have lost a potential war, they left so as not to commit genocide.

Comment

Working...
                              X