This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thought about Gallifrey and future stories

On these forums I have long argued that the Doctor should not get to return to Gallifrey as that would ruin the mystery of the Time War. However I think I may have proof that at some point the Doctor will be able to return, regardless as to whether it appears on screen or not.

Basically the Ten Doctors comic recently
    Spoiler:
    revealed that the villain behind it all is the Valeyard, as he is the only Time Lord who would have knowledge of the Time War being the Doctor's final incarnation.
    (spoilers for the comic).

This got me to thinking, the Valeyard was on Gallifrey during the sixth Doctor's time, surely this means that at some point before his final regeneration the Doctor will be able to return to Gallifrey's past?

Thats a good point, I never thought of that before. It could be possible that the time war changed the future though so we might not see it happen. It would make a cool episode though
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
      Thats a good point, I never thought of that before. It could be possible that the time war changed the future though so we might not see it happen. It would make a cool episode though
      But the Valeyard came from the Doctor's future. How could that have been altered?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
        But the Valeyard came from the Doctor's future. How could that have been altered?
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff.

Comment

Usually in regards to Timelords that would be correct, but the Valeyard crossed his own timeline thereby altering his own past (which was i believe his point). Due to this events have been altered. We don't know what happened in the Doctors future pre the Valeyards interference. Crucial events could have happened differently. In the Valeyards timeline the Time War might have gone differently. Its a butterfly effect a small change in the past can have drastic changes in the future.
          sigpic

Comment

On these forums I have long argued that the Doctor should not get to return to Gallifrey as that would ruin the mystery of the Time War. However I think I may have proof that at some point the Doctor will be able to return, regardless as to whether it appears on screen or not.

Basically the Ten Doctors comic recently
            Spoiler:
            revealed that the villain behind it all is the Valeyard, as he is the only Time Lord who would have knowledge of the Time War being the Doctor's final incarnation.
            (spoilers for the comic).

This got me to thinking, the Valeyard was on Gallifrey during the sixth Doctor's time, surely this means that at some point before his final regeneration the Doctor will be able to return to Gallifrey's past?
            The Valeyard isn't the Doctors final incarnation. He is the distillation of the Doctors dark side that is created during the Doctors regeneration from 12 into 13. At least that what the classic series had to say on the matter
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
            X