This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Evolutionary Change: A Future Stargate RPG- OOC Discussion

Ok, I've gotten tired of asking around in PMs about joining a future Stargate RPG, so I've decided to make a new thread on here. Colonel Sharp/General Blue, if you wish to edit this thread, be my guest, just let me know so I won't be surprised at it.

Anywho, like I was saying, I'm doing a future Stargate RPG and I'm looking for RPers. Here is the basic info you'll need to know before you decide to join in on the RPG or not.

Synopsis: Set 50 years after the events of “Unending” and “Ark of Truth”, Earth and the galaxy is enjoying a time of peace and prosperity. People are living longer and healthier lives. The Stargate has been known to the public for 40 years and Stargate travel is mainly for the military and the wealthy. The members of SG-1 have grown old and lived out their lives. Sam has moved on with her career and has become a world renowned geneticist. Recently, people with strange powers have started to appear. Some are good and some are evil. These people have one thing in common, the Ancient Gene. A new special military force is formed in order to find these people and help “contain” them. Soon, Sam and Daniel are called out of retirement to help with this mystery that could save the galaxy or destroy it.

Requirements:

• Para/multi-para RP (not required, but greatly appreciated).
    • Must be able to keep up with your characters and the RPG (the threads on here tend to get very long).
    • Must be willing to follow Gateworld's Rules and Regulations (ask a Mod about them).
    • Must be familiar with the television shows, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Heroes.
    • Must be able to RP using the main character’s background provided by the owner (only basic background, can create history along with the background).

Taken Characters:

Main Characters: Jennifer Keller (mckaychick), Samantha "Sam" Carter (Amanda_Tapping_Fan), Vala Mal Doran (Padme18)

Major Original Characters: Matthew "Matt" Sullivan (RoK/Me), Elizabeth "Liz" Pemberly (Padme18), Hiroshi Yasuo Takahashi (Major Mike David), Major Steven Decker (Major Mike David), Major Chris Steele (RoK/Me)

Open Characters: Daniel Jackson

Also, original characters are always welcome.

Basically the RPG's a cross between SG-1/Atlantis and Heroes. If you're interested, please with either post in this thread or send me a PM. That also goes with all questions.

EDIT: Ok, I've gotten the ok from my friend and co-owner of the RPG, so we're moving it over to here on Gateworld.
    Last edited by RoK; 12 September 2008, 01:44 PM.
    sigpic

Hello, there. I'm just your next-door neighbor. Your idea is very interesting, and has a lot of potential. Feel free to float in our universes, too.

BTW, you must get an icon for your thread. Ask Tame, or any other mod for one.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
    Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
    The Chevron Team
    Spoiler:
    Never make everything Organic!
    Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
    :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
    :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
    :The drones are heading towards us.
    :Those drones look familiar...
    : SQUID?!?
    We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

Woah, never thought to get a reply that quickly. As for the icon part, I think I'll pass, for now.

Are you interested in joining up?
      sigpic

Comment

I would love to, but managing an RPG (Did you see the Chevron Team thread?), getting everyone to post and collaborate, and school isn't really a good mix.

EDIT: I'd bother getting an icon than seeing the mods mad. They spook the soul out of my body.

EDIT2: I would really highly advise that you do it here. People don't join RPs where they don't know what's going on.
        Last edited by RM_2000_A; 13 June 2008, 02:01 AM.

The Chevron Team
        Spoiler:
        :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.

Comment

That's understandable. Seeing that everyone's trying to end the school year and all that. Well, if you change your mind, just let me know.
          sigpic

Comment

The Icon is how we're keeping different RPGs separated here. So, if you have one you like, use 'report post' on the first post in this thread and tell the Mods what it is. Otherwise, Tame will pick one for you.
            Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
              The Icon is how we're keeping different RPGs separated here. So, if you have one you like, use 'report post' on the first post in this thread and tell the Mods what it is. Otherwise, Tame will pick one for you.
              Ah, I see. Well right now I can't think of an icon, so for right now, Tame can pick one for me.

If you don't mind me asking Gen Blue, now that you've read what the RPG's about (I'm assuming), would you be interested in joining? I'm always looking for original characters.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, read my ^^^ post. And consider it. I find it invaluable, as all the other offsite RPs didn't get much activity.

The Chevron Team
                Spoiler:

Comment

I, myself personally prefer doing something like Myspace. This way you can get to your replies quicker, without having to scroll through other people's posts. If it deals with more then two characters, I'll work on something on there. That's just me though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh. Its your RPG, and its your decision.

BTW< I should go back to CT and fix up the episode listings. See you around.

The Chevron Team
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Actually, I might be switching the RPG over to GateWorld. Since I haven't had any luck with Myspace. I'll have to talk to my friend, who's also the co-owner and see what they have to say. Look within 24 hours at my first post to see if there are any edit's in it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Woah. Co-owner?

The Chevron Team
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by RM_2000_A View Post
                          Woah. Co-owner?
                          Yes, co-owner. With a co-owner, it's a bit easier to handle the RPG and if one of us has to leave, the other one can look after the RPG.

The co-owner is my friend in real life, I know him well. Unfortunately, he won't have internet for a while, so it'll be me running the RPG once it starts up.
                          sigpic

Comment

Woah. I misunderstood. sorry.

Anyway, good luck. Have to go to 15k Chevrons. You can also poke on our universe, if you want

The Chevron Team
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                              Ah, I see. Well right now I can't think of an icon, so for right now, Tame can pick one for me.

If you don't mind me asking Gen Blue, now that you've read what the RPG's about (I'm assuming), would you be interested in joining? I'm always looking for original characters.
                              No. Sorry. I don't watch Atlantis or Heroes so I wouldn't know half of what you're talking about.
                              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X