This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on with Season 5?

I don't really post here anymore, so please don't close this thread or simply post a link with 20 pages of posts that I don't have time to read. That said...

What's going on with Season 5? So far, here's what I know: Woolsey is back full time as the leader of Atlantis, Keller's back full time, Carter's back for two or more episodes, Beckett's back for five episodes, Daniel will stop by for two episodes, and Weir's back for one episode. The Wraith will continue to be central villains, and the Asuran survivors from "Be All My Sins Remember'd will more or less be resolved in Weir's episode. Has any of this changed? Are there any other cast changes or SG-1 guest stars that I'm unaware of? Will the Travelers have a larger role this year? Will the Ori Priors/soldiers show up for a special crossover (like how SG-1 did "The Pegasus Project") now that the movie's come to DVD?

Thanks

Torri Higginson (Weir) isn't back for any episodes. Her storyline will be completed another way. That's because Torri was upset for dropping her out of the regular cast - she didn't renew her contract as a recurring character anymore.

And I don't think priors/warriors of the ori will show up as they are vanquished. I don't believe the remnants of them, Tomin's people, will show up either.

EDIT: sueKay: I understood she was angry for suddenly just ditching Weir from S04... Anyway, no Weir in S05.
    Last edited by Osiristi; 11 June 2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Actually, Torri was happy to remain recurring, as long as it was for the right storyline. She didn't like the storyline TPTB offered her, so she said no.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I've read Weir will return for one episode in Season 5. Torri Higginson read the script and didn't like it, so she declined. Instead of writing Weir out of the episode, they recast her. Her new appearance will be explained in the episode. Has this changed? Will this be Weir's only episode?

In regards to Ori Priors and soldiers:
        Spoiler:
        In the movie, the Ark of Truth was used on a Prior to expose the Ori as false gods. This prior then shared this revelation with all of the other priors. They brought the ark back to Earth and did the same for Milky Way. The Ori Priors and soldiers consequently stopped the crusade and left for home. Tomin suggested that their way of life would continue, but with heavy changes. Since all those Ori ships are intact, why not bring some to Pegasus to defend Atlantis from the Wraith? Furthermore, where were they when Atlantis was lost in space and when Earth sent ships to Asuras's doorstep to end things once and for all?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
          In regards to Ori Priors and soldiers:
          we won't see them in SGA according to Mallozzi.
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Why not?

Spoiler:
            Wouldn't they be Earth's most powerful allies since Earth is soley responsible for exposing the Ori as false gods? Is it too much to ask them to help defend Earth and Atlantis now and then?

Comment

Why not?

Spoiler:
              Wouldn't they be Earth's most powerful allies since Earth is soley responsible for exposing the Ori as false gods? Is it too much to ask them to help defend Earth and Atlantis now and then?
              SGA TPTB are too lazy. I would like to see them again, but it won't happen
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

form Mallozzi's blog of doom:

David writes: “I was wondering if there is any chance that the Ori, or something they did, will ever effect Atlantis?”

Answer: Definitely no plans to introduce the Ori into Atlantis.
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Why not?

Spoiler:
                  They just come to the realization that their entire belief system had been a lie, and that they've been killing innocent people for no good reason, plus their whole civilization is in complete disarray, I think the last thing they'll want to be doing is fighting other people's wars for them.

Comment

Fair enough. Thanks for that, Jenks.

Comment

Torri Higginson read the script and didn't like it, so she declined.
                      There was no script, only a vague outline.

But on the other stuff, you're pretty much in the loop.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        SGA TPTB are too lazy. I would like to see them again, but it won't happen
                        Or they just want to keep the 2 series separate, storyline wise, as so many whiny fans wanted them to.

Comment

Making Carter and later Woolsey full-time regulars keeps the show's separate?

Comment

The Ori followers are in their condition to fight our enemies. Their soceity was centered around Orgin. This means they are in no condition to fight our enemies. Priors are in a limitied supply and are the only ones able to fly the ships
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Making Carter and later Woolsey full-time regulars keeps the show's separate?
                              That's why I said "storyline wise". Carter's inclusion didn't mean that main storylines from SG1 was followed up on in Atlantis, and I don't think that will happen with Woolsey either. Besides, Woolsey has already made an impact in SGA that, IMHO, makes him a Stargate character, not a SG1 character, if you know what I mean.

The Ori, on the other hand, was a main storyline that was pretty exclusive to SG1 and having them come to Atlantis as recurring (as I read in your post; you seem to want them to be like the Tok'Ra; showing up once in a while to help out) would be too much infusion of SG1 into SGA.

Or it could be jenks's explanation, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X