This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United Tua'ri

Wouldn't it make sense that we should expand human or tua'ri power to a galactic level?

i mean all the jaffa are one nation(kinda)

all the nox are one

all the wraith are kinda one

shouldn't we start a governing council with the displaced humans in the Milky Way, and then eventually the Pegasus Galaxy.

We're all humans, why shouldn't we?

what do you think?
    [kick ass signature coming soon]

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
    Possibly because we're only human.
    My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I seriously doubt that any of the displaced human cultures in the two occupied galaxies would take such a suggestion seriously.

I imagine the conversation would go somewhat like this....

Woolsey:"What we propose is a grand unification of all human cultures for defense and trade."

Other Representative:"Sounds good on paper; is this how you live on your homeworld?"

Woolsey:" "

Sheppard:"Epic fail Woolsey."
      "For truth hath better deeds than words to grace it..."

Comment

Wouldn't it make sense that we should expand human or tua'ri power to a galactic level?
        Well your examples are kind of bad

They splintered into two groups

all the nox are one
        For all we know there is only a city of them and they really don't do anything

Nope, they have been feuding this entire time over food and have no central leadership

shouldn't we start a governing council with the displaced humans in the Milky Way, and then eventually the Pegasus Galaxy.
        Well there are so many cultures advance and primitive how would you set up fair representation

Because we can't even do it on Earth yet

what do you think?
        Nope, maybe once Earth can unify then give it another hundred or so years so we can wrinkle out the bad things of our first system
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

In 20-30,000 years. That's how long I think it'll take for all humans in this galaxy and beyond (the Ori Galaxy also counts, you know) to unify. I imagine that we become like the Ancients, only better (the Ancients only dominated one galaxy at a time).

I believe the Jaffa will either go extinct or join humanity (though their technology is advanced, their culture is too primitive for a galactic civilization).

Comment

Originally posted by tendomentis View Post
            I seriously doubt that any of the displaced human cultures in the two occupied galaxies would take such a suggestion seriously.

I imagine the conversation would go somewhat like this....

Woolsey:"What we propose is a grand unification of all human cultures for defense and trade."

Other Representative:"Sounds good on paper; is this how you live on your homeworld?"

Woolsey:" "

Sheppard:"Epic fail Woolsey."
            Thats true plus all the humans throughout the galaxy are at completely different levels of technology. Some are maybe ahead of us but most of them are very, very far behind us and would hardly understand how to work a microwave let alone run a missile silo!

Comment

no i dont think that would go down well at all . its all very simple when u say why dont we unite all the human populations . but these populations have lived for thousands of years under the control of higher beings i doubt they want to be interferred with much. great point about us not being able to do it on earth too lol

Comment

all the nox are one

what do you think?
                I think that it would be a great idea, but there is just to many humans out there to have a governing council and not have an implosion of problems right away like the Jaffa did. But other than that it sounds like a good idea.

Comment

It would never work, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
                    I think that it would be a great idea, but there is just to many humans out there to have a governing council and not have an implosion of problems right away like the Jaffa did. But other than that it sounds like a good idea.
                    The Jaffa's problem was that a high council was not democratic enough for the people; they wanted actual representation, not another version of the System Lords. That's why they voted for a complete democracy... and got it.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It's Tau'ri not Tua'ri. (Geez first the Asgard now this.)

Just one hitch on your proposal.

The Tau'ri despite their achievements are isolationists.

After being told by Tok'ra, Tollan and Nox we are still a bunch of kids who are the IOA to argue with them?

Only the Asgard saw us as their replacements in the grand scheme of the universe.

Comment

It would be almost impossible to unite us into one
                        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Im Just wondering. Is this suggesting the Earth should become this?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Federation
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

The Tollans didnt call earthlings kids, they called primitive/dumb =p

I kinda dont use Tau`ri when talking about people from earth, cuz this is Goa'uld nomeclature... What`s the point in using it, after they were defeated ?

How can there be a earth alliance, if earth itself has no governing body ? In the sg universe they have the IOA, but they dont have any real power, they just pay the bills/theoretically call the shots about the sg program, and that`s all. In the real world, the only thing we have, is the UN , that if you stop to think, has close to no power at all...

So, if we arent united in our home planet, how can we hope to unite Galaxies ?

Comment

earth doesnt think as one
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X