This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My theory on Earth

I don't know if anyones came up with the same idea as to the finding of Earth as I have and i don't know if this should be posted somewere else but here goes.

My idea on Earth is that it is uninhabited by any human life when the colonials reach there, They have a short lead on the cylon fleet and begin exploring the planet in the time they have left. Knowing that they can't defeat the cylon fleet following them they hatch a plan to use the Cylon virus to destroy the cylon race but obviosly need to attack them first.

The colonials infect the cylons somehow either using another captured cylon or Athena opts for the suicide mission, Galactica performs the raid on the cylon fleet a few jumps from Earth and the attack is succesful. But it will take time to spread throughout the entire cylon fleet and galactica will have to withstand the final desperate actions of the cylons. The cylon fleet jumps into Earth orbit and begins destroying the fleet. Eventually they begin to destroy galactica and disable Galacticas sunlight engines sending it into a degrading orbit Gaius Baltar manages to escape from what ever ship its on before its destroyed. And Caprica six makes it off the cylon base ship uninfected (Somehow) the fleets are both destroyed on due to virus/ extreme decent. This leaves only 2 survivors Baltar and Six (Adam and Eve) then the 2 get down to it and the Earthlings are born cylon-human hybrid race with a large god complex.
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
    This leaves only 2 survivors Baltar and Six (Adam and Eve) then the 2 get down to it and the Earthlings are born cylon-human hybrid race with a large god complex.
    You know Adam & Eve alone wouldn't have had a large enough genetic diversity to create a sustainable population? Neither would Baltar & Six; especially a population that will apparently rise to 6,700,000,000 people.

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
      Athena opts for the suicide mission,
      Spoiler for S4:
      Spoiler:
      Such a mission is no longer possible. The ability of the Cylons to resurrect has been destroyed.

Comment

My theory is cylon technology is Earth technology. And Kobol was colonized by Earth.

Comment

The biggest question is time line.
          When the human/Cylon fleet finally landed on Earth in Revelation, is that supposed to have happened in the distant past or in distant future?
          Are they the ancestors of our civilization? Are we their decedents?
          Or, is the destruction of earth our future? Will they rebuild our cities and continue on with humanity?
          "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

I think we can establish that it's the not too far future from the overtuned, burned-out car in the final scene. However, Earth may be an alternate Earth to our own, the inhabitants may have actually remembered their origin as the 13th tribe, and the signal to earth may have been an S.O.S. beacon.

Of course, Kara's trip to Earth may have been the catalyst for its destruction in some way, thereby confirming her role as harbinger of death.

The real questions are:
            1. Is the fifth on earth?
            2. What role will Hera play?
            3. Will the four gain awareness of their purpose once the fifth is found/revealed?
            4. What will Cavil's fleet do when he or if he follows the RTF + Six-Fleet to Earth?

Comment

Spoiler:
              Ok this can't be earth, apparently the dying leader was supposed to die before reaching earth (roslin was alive and standing on Earth). And we didn't get a very good view of the continents to prove that it was Earth, like i didn't see any North America or Europe or Africa...I guess they have just landed another planet like Caprica/Kobol where all this has happened before and this place is possibly where they get another direction to the real "Earth"

thats just my theory...

Or this is Earth and the whole journey was a waste of time cause Earth is baren waste land but they all leave earth and head back to the 13 colonies again which they re-settle with the skinjobs (all the toasters are destroyed somehow) and then someone invents the cylon again.

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
                Spoiler:
                Ok this can't be earth, apparently the dying leader was supposed to die before reaching earth (roslin was alive and standing on Earth). And we didn't get a very good view of the continents to prove that it was Earth, like i didn't see any North America or Europe or Africa...I guess they have just landed another planet like Caprica/Kobol where all this has happened before and this place is possibly where they get another direction to the real "Earth"

thats just my theory...

Or this is Earth and the whole journey was a waste of time cause Earth is baren waste land but they all leave earth and head back to the 13 colonies again which they re-settle with the skinjobs (all the toasters are destroyed somehow) and then someone invents the cylon again.
                Spoiler:
                No no. Remember when Elosha told Roslin about Pithia, she didn't say that she'd die before getting to Earth, she said that the leader would die of a wasting disease before reaching the promised land. So what we can assume from that I think is that they will some how regenerate Earth or perhaps a good ol' dose of Time travel. Afterall it would explain how starbuck got there and back.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Quite possibly that Planet isn't Earth, but a Re-imagined Terra, a counterpart from the Original Series- They found a Planet that was pretty much similar to Earth, but wasn't...

Seems like a bit of a cheat, but perhaps...

Comment

Well, considering the constellations match those of Earth, I'd say that it has to be Earth in some form or another. Even with stellar drift there'd only be one solar system in the galaxy that would be able to view all those constellations.

Who knows, perhaps they'll settle on one or more of the more habitable moons of Jupiter until they can resolved the nuclear winter on Earth.

Or Starbuck will travel back through the rabbit hole and fix everything.
                    Last edited by MASON; 15 June 2008, 08:48 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by MASON View Post
                      Well, considering the constellations match those of Earth, I'd say that it has to be Earth in some form or another. Even with stellar drift there'd only be one solar system in the galaxy that would be able to view all those constellations.

Who knows, perhaps they'll settle on one or more of the more habitable moons of Jupiter until they can resolved the nuclear winter on Earth.

Or Starbuck will travel back through the rabbit hole and fix everything.
                      Well i have read that the Constellations would be very similiar to ours from the Alpha Centauri system

Comment

Considering the next episode could have served as the series finale, according to Katee Sackhoff, due to the Writers' Strike.... it is safe to say they did indeed find Earth.
                        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Fjord View Post
                          Well i have read that the Constellations would be very similiar to ours from the Alpha Centauri system
                          And are there any planets there?

Comment

Originally posted by MASON View Post
                            And are there any planets there?
                            It's a very popular star system in science fiction, but there have so far been no planets detected in orbit.

Of course, Alpha Centauri is a trinary system so it's not really likely that it would be mistaken for a single-star system.

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
                              Spoiler:

thats just my theory...

Spoiler:

No, I'm pretty sure it's Earth. It would be a total cheat if it turned out to be some "imposter" Earth or something absurd like that. They have cars and that was the Brooklyn Bridge right? It's gotta be Earth. So that just means that Roslyn is *not* the dying leader in the prophecy. Simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                              X