Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Season 4 starts Sept. 23 here in the US.
    That seems so far away...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      That seems so far away...
      Yeah, it does. But not as far as it did yesterday. Or the day before.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Yeah, it does. But not as far as it did yesterday. Or the day before.
        This is true...very true!
        sigpic

Comment

Fox Alleviates A Little Fringe Pressure

Fox Alleviates A Little 'Fringe' Pressure
          Says show just has to match last year's audience to stay alive

"Fringe" won't be winning any awards for the largest television audience, but it doesn't need to for Fox to keep it on its schedule.

Kevin Reilly, the president of Fox programming, said no one at Fox expects the audience for "Fringe" to grow next season. In fact, if the size of the audience remains consistent from the third season, there could very well be a fifth (and maybe final) season ordered.

"I don't expect 'Fringe' to grow," Reilly told Entertainment Weekly. "It's a pretty complex show. They're right in the pocket creatively once again."

"Fringe" is the one show that audiences and the Emmys can't seem to notice. Many were pushing for star John Noble to be nominated for an Emmy this year. Instead, he was nominated for an Airlock Alpha Portal Award, but still, our awards aren't televised.

When Fox moved "Fringe" to Fridays midway through last season, many anticipated the show would be ending its run, despite what many called its best season yet. However, Fox surprised fans and renewed it for a fourth season, however insisting it would remain on Fridays.

"Fringe" finished No. 90 overall last season, and was 18th out of 23 shows that aired on Fox. Its audience was down nearly 38 percent from the year before, but its Friday audience was 53 percent higher than what the network did the year before.

"Fringe" returns in September on Fox.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That sounds well... Promising? But still it's fox... So you never know!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
              That sounds well... Promising? But still it's fox... So you never know!
              Yeah, I don't trust them. All we can do is watch this great show, and enjoy this coming season. I won't even start thinking about renewal until about halfway through the season.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Second teaser spot for Season 4. No new footage Still playing up the Peter mystery.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

And now a 3rd teaser. Much of the same though.

sigpic

Comment

That third one is my favourite so far. Damn the premiere is so far away!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      That third one is my favourite so far. Damn the premiere is so far away!
                      Thats why I am doing a rewatch of Season 1-3 ... There where at least two actors from True Blood who appeared in Season One, in the episode No Brainer the bad guy is played by the sherriff andy, and at least another one was from true blood ( I think a vampire)
                      sigpic

Comment

Re-watches do help pass the time a little more easily. It will be back before we know it.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Since there's not a season 4 episode folder created yet...

Spoiler:
                          I love that Fringe is back. However, I did expect more screen time of Joe. He gets killed in what...the first 5 minutes. Other than that bit of disappointment...I loved it! I love that Lincoln is in the fray again. I loved Anna's duel roles...she's so good at both of them. I wonder why she didn't explain what was going on to Lincoln...as far as the parallel universes? I felt sorry for Walter not wanting to leave the lab and freaking out every time Peter appeared. Then there's the lovely watchers...I wonder why the watcher dude didn't correct the timeline like he was supposed to? All in all...class A Fringeiness!
                          sigpic

Comment

I won't spoil anything, but anyone who taped this needs to watch it ASAP! It was a pretty darn good season opener and I'm super excited for the rest of the season. The possibilities are endless now that we have at least a few major, MAJOR twists in the plot.

I loved seeing John Noble. He's my favourite of the whole cast and I just adore his acting. It's a darned shame the Emmys have snubbed him! He's absolutely incredible and so talented. He brings a dynamic and life to his character that few other actors can do with their acting. It's always good to see solid acting and excellent writing in a sci-fi.

Comment

Until Darren gets in and creates the new Season folder,I've placed a thread here (see linkie) in Fringe General Discussion for the S7 Premier.

Neither Here Nor There

( No spoiler tags needed there at all .)
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Upcoming schedule:

Sept 30 -- 4.02 "One Night in October"
                                Oct 7 -- 4.03 "Alone in the World"
                                Oct 14 -- 4.04 "Subject 9"
                                Oct 21 -- 4.05
                                Oct 28 -- 4.06
                                Nov 4 -- 4.07

I bet "Subject 9" is related to "Subject 13" from last year!

Comment

Working...
                                X