Default Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler:

More Promo Pics:http://fringe-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110

Pilot Spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Episode Title: "Pilot" & "Pilot Part 2"

Airdate: August 26th, 2008

Official Summary: Not yet released.

Spoilers: The episode opens with a turbulent passenger flight from Hamburg, Germany to Boston. One passenger injects himself with an insulin syringe pen and within seconds, his entire body begins to liquify. The contagion quickly spreads among the entire cabin as both passengers and crew members' bodies begin to melt. The plane itself lands safely at Logan Airport under radio silence.

Olivia Dunham has a secret lover. FBI Agent John Scott. They investigate the airport case, and find a lab filled with chemical equipment. The lab explodes, sending Olivia and John to the hospital. John is clinging to life, his entire body has become almost crystalline, his skin like glass, translucent and diamond-hard. To possibly save the man she loves, Olivia tracks down Dr. Walter Bishop. The only problem is that he's locked in a mental asylum, and the only visitors he's allowed are family. She tracks down his estranged son, Peter, and together they release Walter.

Now, they must work together to save John, find out exactly whats going on, and prevent it happening again.

John Scott will betray Olivia.

Nina Sharp has a robotic hand.

After the case is solved, Olivia, Warren & Peter are asked to join a secret FBI group that investigates the paranormal.

John Scott is revealed to be a mole, and is then killed during a car chase.

Source:www.fringeforums.com

More Spoilers and Interviews here: http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/search?q=fringe

Default Re: Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - Spoilers and Speculation

sounds like the x-files for the 21st century...
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    STARGAvaTarIII
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...0137376zj2.png

Well, it's not Oceanic Airlines

Sounds good; hope it makes it across the Pond.

Sounds pretty interesting. I will give it a try.

This sounds interesting. Thanks for gathering the info.

It's funny, I've never actually seen Joshua Jackson in anything, but seeing him in the commercials for Fringe I'm having a hard time taking him seriously. Maybe that'll work itself out once the show's actually on and I gotta say, I'm pretty curious to see it, but for the time being I'm kinda wishing they'd picked someone else for the lead. *shrug*

Still, JJ's usually pretty good with stuff (well, Cloverfield and the first few seasons of Alias, anyway) so I imagine that Fringe will be, if nothing else, interesting, and if the stories are good enough it doesn't really matter WHAT mobile props are running around saying the lines, right?

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I'll definitely give this a shot. What can that hurt?

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I'll definitely give this a shot. What can that hurt?
    If the shot contains Ebola I imagine it can hurt quite a lot. And then suddenly it won't...

I didn't know Joshua Jackson plays a lead....ewwww, Dawson's Creek. But, I shouldn't judge him by that. Look at Brian Austin Green in The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I hated wossname on Gilmore Girls, but like him as Sam on Supernatural. Ditto other wossname from GG who's on Heroes, although in that case Peter's wearing on my nerves. So yeah, I'll try not to let it bias me TOO much and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: premiere date is 9 Sept. and kicks off with a two-hour premiere starting at 8PM before moving to its regular 9PM slot the following week.
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; June 5th, 2008 at 06:15 PM.

Discussion Board of the leaked Fringe pilot:http://fringe-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159

Fringe Comic Book Prequel planned:

Spoiler:
    "The hip media empire of J.J. Abrams (Alias, Lost, Cloverfield, the next Star Trek film) expands into comic books this fall when DC Comics offers a prequel to his upcoming TV series on Fox, Fringe. Writers and artists are being decided, but DC says the comic version will hit the stands on Aug. 27, two weeks before the two-hour premiere airs on Sept. 9.

Speculation about the show is building at online fan sites amid word that the opener involves paranormal investigators looking into the mysterious landing of a jetliner with dead passengers. Sounds like a certain island, but the producers say the show will feature self-contained stories, ?* la Twilight Zone or X-Files, rather than one fantastic saga. Abrams is joined as executive producers on the project by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who also are working on the Star Trek reboot film expected in 2009."

Source: Hollywood Reporter

I have watched the pre air pilot.

Very impressive. Great introduction. Looks like it will be a good show if they can keep up the standard. J.J. Abrams does it again
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6181/mbeddiene8.jpg[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Hmm. The potential is definitely there, but having now seen the pilot...

Spoiler:
    The lead female bugs the everlasting crap out of me. I HATE HATE HATE the whole "straightlaced professional willing to sacrifice everything for twue wuv" crap that seems to be getting more prevalent. Being in love is just dandy, but taking insane and potentially deadly risks is NOT. Particularly when it's OTHERS you're putting in danger.

Having not read any of the spoilers for this show I fully expected Dr. Dementdad to escape and join whatever sociopathic doomsday group arranged outlandishly unlikely events in order to spring him. I was looking forward to it so I could yell at the TV and mentally bash in her empty stupid head for being dumb, arrogant, and selfish enough to have followed the path to Doomsday so blindly and with so little rational thought.

The fact that Dr. Dementdad so far seems to be a good guy does not entirely assuage my feeling he's gonna turn tail at some point and call Sheepgirl to chat about gengineered fava beans and toxin-laced chianti.

I hates her, I hates her so much!

Her Twue Wuv being a bad guy probably shouldn't have come as a surprise, but it did. It isn't quite the karmic retribution for her stupidity that I was hoping for, but at least it's a start.

Josh Jackson was surprisingly good in this. True, his whole turn as DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can didn't play well with me, but it was good (and a bit disturbing) to see him acting as the sole voice of reason during Sheepgirl's downward spiral of desperate dumbness. Have I mentioned that I hate her? Because I do. Josh may prove to be the salvation of the show... provided Abrams doesn't go overboard with the whole "daddy issues" thing. Why does it seem like everyone on TV suddenly has daddy issues? Or mommy issues? I know conflict is good, but FFS, doesn't anyone ever come from a GOOD family anymore? I didn't always see eye to eye with my dad and I've certainly had a few disagreements with my mom, but for the most part things were/are pretty peaceful. But between TV and talking to my friends I'm beginning to wonder if my family isn't the abnormal one, just by dint of us all getting along.

Anyway, that's more of a personal issue. Show-wise I don't have any problems with it- yet- and the level of distrust and aggravation are about what I'd expect under the circumstances. I do wonder if there's more to Josh than we (or even he) realizes. Dad checking on his eyes was just a little TOO weird, even for a crazy scientist. I kept expecting there to be a tiny tattoo under the eyelid or something, signifying whatever creepy experiments Dad performed on Baby Josh (or possibly In-utero Josh or even Conceived Genetic Experiment Josh).

I'll certainly give it a go once it hits the air. Hopefully I'll learn to hate Sheepgirl less as time goes on, and hopefully Abrams will give me reason to hate her less.

Two of my favorite lines:

Spoiler:
    "I just pissed myself."

&

"Ok! Let's go make some LSD!"