• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behind the scenes:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...es-fringe.html

Comment

Fringe Comic Book Prequel planned:

Spoiler:
      "The hip media empire of J.J. Abrams (Alias, Lost, Cloverfield, the next Star Trek film) expands into comic books this fall when DC Comics offers a prequel to his upcoming TV series on Fox, Fringe. Writers and artists are being decided, but DC says the comic version will hit the stands on Aug. 27, two weeks before the two-hour premiere airs on Sept. 9.

Speculation about the show is building at online fan sites amid word that the opener involves paranormal investigators looking into the mysterious landing of a jetliner with dead passengers. Sounds like a certain island, but the producers say the show will feature self-contained stories, ?* la Twilight Zone or X-Files, rather than one fantastic saga. Abrams is joined as executive producers on the project by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who also are working on the Star Trek reboot film expected in 2009."

Source: Hollywood Reporter

Comment

I have watched the pre air pilot.

Very impressive. Great introduction. Looks like it will be a good show if they can keep up the standard. J.J. Abrams does it again
        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Hmm. The potential is definitely there, but having now seen the pilot...

Spoiler:
          The lead female bugs the everlasting crap out of me. I HATE HATE HATE the whole "straightlaced professional willing to sacrifice everything for twue wuv" crap that seems to be getting more prevalent. Being in love is just dandy, but taking insane and potentially deadly risks is NOT. Particularly when it's OTHERS you're putting in danger.

Having not read any of the spoilers for this show I fully expected Dr. Dementdad to escape and join whatever sociopathic doomsday group arranged outlandishly unlikely events in order to spring him. I was looking forward to it so I could yell at the TV and mentally bash in her empty stupid head for being dumb, arrogant, and selfish enough to have followed the path to Doomsday so blindly and with so little rational thought.

The fact that Dr. Dementdad so far seems to be a good guy does not entirely assuage my feeling he's gonna turn tail at some point and call Sheepgirl to chat about gengineered fava beans and toxin-laced chianti.

I hates her, I hates her so much!

Her Twue Wuv being a bad guy probably shouldn't have come as a surprise, but it did. It isn't quite the karmic retribution for her stupidity that I was hoping for, but at least it's a start.

Josh Jackson was surprisingly good in this. True, his whole turn as DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can didn't play well with me, but it was good (and a bit disturbing) to see him acting as the sole voice of reason during Sheepgirl's downward spiral of desperate dumbness. Have I mentioned that I hate her? Because I do. Josh may prove to be the salvation of the show... provided Abrams doesn't go overboard with the whole "daddy issues" thing. Why does it seem like everyone on TV suddenly has daddy issues? Or mommy issues? I know conflict is good, but FFS, doesn't anyone ever come from a GOOD family anymore? I didn't always see eye to eye with my dad and I've certainly had a few disagreements with my mom, but for the most part things were/are pretty peaceful. But between TV and talking to my friends I'm beginning to wonder if my family isn't the abnormal one, just by dint of us all getting along.

Anyway, that's more of a personal issue. Show-wise I don't have any problems with it- yet- and the level of distrust and aggravation are about what I'd expect under the circumstances. I do wonder if there's more to Josh than we (or even he) realizes. Dad checking on his eyes was just a little TOO weird, even for a crazy scientist. I kept expecting there to be a tiny tattoo under the eyelid or something, signifying whatever creepy experiments Dad performed on Baby Josh (or possibly In-utero Josh or even Conceived Genetic Experiment Josh).

I'll certainly give it a go once it hits the air. Hopefully I'll learn to hate Sheepgirl less as time goes on, and hopefully Abrams will give me reason to hate her less.

Comment

Two of my favorite lines:

Spoiler:
            "I just pissed myself."

&

"Ok! Let's go make some LSD!"

Comment

I never really **got** the JJ Abrams hype. Felicity was awful, Alias was awful, Armageddon was awful, I never liked Lost, Cloverfield was just another bad Godzilla movie, and now the man's in the process of molesting Star Trek's corpse. Why does this guy get the attention he does?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Lost and Cloverfield are brilliant. If you think Cloverfield is just another monster movie then you probably don't get it, the monster is just a tool, that's why it doesn't matter what it is or where it came from.

Comment

Hated Felicity. I liked the first few seasons of Alias and Lost, but then they felt like they were getting too full of themselves and getting more bizarre and ridiculous just for the sake of being bizarre and ridiculous. Loved Cloverfield. I won't score Fringe an automatic win just because Abrams is involved, but I also won't score it an automatic fail. There are things I hate about it (Sheepgirl), but the idea behind it is kinda interesting... provided JJ can pull it off. Either way I don't think the show rates high on the longevity scale and that may be a good thing, particularly if it means Fringe won't get a chance to get full of itself and blow the ridiculousness all out of proportion.

Comment

Small article:http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=57270

Comment

i watched it, liked it, wan to see more

Comment

JJ Abrams Interview:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...use-scoop.html

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          If you think Cloverfield is just another monster movie then you probably don't get it, the monster is just a tool, that's why it doesn't matter what it is or where it came from.
                          Yeah that's a pretty common fanboi kneejerk response when someone doesn't like their preferred artist/show/movie, "you just don't get it". Sorry, not much to "get".
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I saw it and was entertained pretty much the entire time. I wonder what or who they will change (if anything) when it airs.

I like JJ Abrams. I haven't seen everything he has done, but I like Lost and I LOVED Cloverfield. If something sounds or looks interesting to me I will give it a try. The only times I will watch something because of a name is if it's Joss or sometimes one of my favorite actors.
                            sigpic

Comment

This show looks interesting.
                              Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Set Photo's:http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...et-photos.html

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X