Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG View Post
    By placement title cards are you talking about the huge letters telling us where they were i.e. Baghdad Airport, etc. I actually found those rather annoying myself. Kinda takes me out of the show.
    Yeah, especially when you're looking up at the helicopter THROUGH the letters. It's cheesy, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
      By placement title cards are you talking about the huge letters telling us where they were i.e. Baghdad Airport, etc. I actually found those rather annoying myself. Kinda takes me out of the show.
      yes i do, maybe they will work on that

KEEP IT CLEAN
      Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
      Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Sneak peek for 1x02:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...neak-peek.html

Spoiler bit:
        Spoiler:
        Abe: Psst...Any secrets on Fringe?

Just like Sydney Bristow, Olivia (Anna Torv) was recruited for a reason, and Peter (Josh Jackson) has a "medical history" his father is hiding from him. These seem to be the early overarching questions that will go for a while—along with what is "the Pattern," what Mark Valley's deal was and how is Anna Torv's hair so shiny? Although I may be the only one who cares about that last thing.

Marta: Fringe is too freaky for me! I'm a wuss. Does it get any less scary?

Truth be told, the second episode is perhaps even more intense and shocking than the first and involves a scene that will make Sigourney Weaver's alien birth look like a walk in the park. But it is very compelling, and I have to say, I think I'm hooked after the very end of the episode. Watch for the last flash and then please tell me WTF. (Who the frak?!) P.S. You can watch this episode without having seen the first and still easily follow, so it's not too late to get in: Tuesday on Fox.

Source: E!Online

Comment

wow that was a good episode tonight, completetly blew my mind on how they found the crime scene, and i noticed on the pictures before the comercials: the frog had the symbol for phi, and the apple that's cut in half had two fetus' where the seeds are suppose to be, even more mysteries,
          well the truth is out there........

KEEP IT CLEAN
          Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
          Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

I really liked tonight's episode. I kind of enjoyed it more than the premiere.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

DARIN MORGAN is in on this?! Did I know that?? *checks previous posts*

Nope. WOW! DARIN MORGAN! *basks in awe*

Still iffy on the whole show, but Darin's involvement is definitely an interesting factor. I think he hates me, but he's still a bit of a hero to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychodad View Post
                I just finished watching it on Hulu. I liked it a lot. It's got a good cast. I really like John Noble as Dr. Bishop. His character is pretty quirky and I think we'll see some interesting twist as his story unfolds. Nice to see Lance Reddik as Agent Boyles. I've admired his acting since The Wire.

I have to disagree with those of you who don't care for Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham. I think she's fantastic. I get to observe a lot of female police officers and detectives at my job. Torv's performance is pretty much in character with some of those women I know. Tough, professional, and still in many surprising ways sensitive and caring.

Les
                I'd pretty much guarantee she's playing the character exactly how she's supposed to. She's a NIDA graduate. You've got to be oozing talent to get into that place, let alone survive it. So if you're finding her a bit cool it's probably what's called for by the writing. Maybe that will warm up over time.

Comment

I found the second episode to be a total bore. I kept looking a the clock hoping it would end. Maybe it's just that I was tired, but I don't think so.

Comment

1x03 Preview:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...review_17.html

Scoop:http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc..._have_cow.html

Latest from Ausiello:

Spoiler:
                    Question: Fringe was so awesome! Got any scoop? -- Olivia
                    Ausiello: You betcha. The show is already beefing up its cast, adding to the roster an as-yet-unchosen actor to play the recurring role of Ian Spencer, a twenty-to-thirtysomething hipster whose forensics expertise comes in handy on tough cases. Not sure if his sense of humor helps, too, but hey, can't hurt, right?

Comment

'Fringe' Audience Soars In Second Week':http://syfyportal.com/news425380.html

Comment

This show is a mixed bag for me and I don't like the gross out stuff
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I watched the first episode because my younger sister told me it would be good stuff ( I absolutely trust and respect her opinion regarding movies ) and she was right. It is an interesting show even when I know nothing about J.J. Abrahams' previous work ( even when my sister was a big fan of "Alias" at the beginning and my Dad loved "Lost" ), a little weird, but what the heck, Sci Fi shows are mostly weird.

My favorite character is Walter. Genius Mad Scientist and the best actor of the whole bunch by far.

Since I'm a big fan of "House MD", I guess I'll be home every tuesday right on time to watch both shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Kef1 View Post
                            I'd pretty much guarantee she's playing the character exactly how she's supposed to. She's a NIDA graduate. You've got to be oozing talent to get into that place, let alone survive it. So if you're finding her a bit cool it's probably what's called for by the writing. Maybe that will warm up over time.
                            I still say she's too wooden for me. Doesn't mean she's not talented. She just doesn't grab me. And sadly neither does the show. I was bored last night and I think I'm done. I don't like House anymore (haven't for years) and doubt I'll tune in to Fringe again any time soon.

I hope for those of you who do really enjoy it that it continues and has a long life.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I hope it continues too. I have liked what I have seen so far.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If Dr. Nutjob turns out to be an evil puppetmaster who has been faking madness and pulling strings all along I'll be able to live with his characterization. But if we're honestly supposed to believe he's just a fumbling ex-mad scientist then I cry foul at the writing. Or possibly the acting. The character is too over-the-top to be believable. The subject matter of the eps is more realistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X