No announcement yet.

Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the first hour, got bored, switched over to EUREKA, which was much more entertaining. I may check out FRINGE if they get a guest star I like, but otherwise, can use an hour more productively elsewhere ....

Comment

Variety

Sep 11 2008

http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_ai...-premiere.html

"Fringe" got off to a surprisingly modest start for Fox last night.

It did respectable business, for sure, for a new show, winning the night for Fox in the adults 18-49 derby. But for all the promotion Fox gave it and for J.J. Abrams standing in the sci-fi/fantasy TV world, you would've expected more people to show up for the first seg.

Airing from 8-9:35 p.m., "Fringe" averaged about 9 million viewers and a 3.2 rating/9 share in adults 18-49, according to prelim Nielsens. The good news is that viewers didn't flee from the show at the half-hour marks. And "Fringe" will get a boost next week when it airs at 9 p.m. with a lead-in from the mighty "House."

Comment

I thought it was a good show. I think it was trying too hard to be like Lost though. Even used the musical score that lost does right before commercials.

Its an interesting concept for a show and I'll continue to watch it.

Comment

Here's a poll about what show should get it's own folder you ca vote for more than 1

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58970
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I voted for it. I enjoyed the pilot and I hope to see where the story goes. I love govt conspiracy/scifi shows.

Comment

I will definitely be tuning in next week.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Any one know there I can find a picture of the symbols that flash on the screen during commercail breaks? My searches are not being helpfull.
                Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

I think some were on the fringe website on fox. I remember an apple cut in two and a leaf.

Comment

Promo Pics for Ep 1x04 "The Arrival":http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...omotional.html

Comment

I didn't like it. Too cheesy, to many cliches. It's like a mix between X-files, Lost, a cheesy horror flick and some stylish elements from Heroes.
                      We're whalers on the moon,
                      We carry a harpoon.
                      But there ain't no whales
                      So we tell tall tales
                      And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

i quite liked it, did not see that twist coming at all, do not like olivia at all though, definetely be watching it again

Comment

I just finished watching it on Hulu. I liked it a lot. It's got a good cast. I really like John Noble as Dr. Bishop. His character is pretty quirky and I think we'll see some interesting twist as his story unfolds. Nice to see Lance Reddik as Agent Boyles. I've admired his acting since The Wire.

I have to disagree with those of you who don't care for Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham. I think she's fantastic. I get to observe a lot of female police officers and detectives at my job. Torv's performance is pretty much in character with some of those women I know. Tough, professional, and still in many surprising ways sensitive and caring.

Les

Comment

Press Release for 1x04:

Spoiler:
                            Episode 1x04 'The Arrival"

APPEARANCE OF MYSTERIOUS CYNLINDER TRIGGERS ODD BEHAVIOR AND SURPRISING REVELATIONS ON “FRINGE” TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, ON FOX
                            After a deadly explosion rocks a construction site in New York City, Broyles solicits the aid of our unlikely threesome to investigate a strange cylinder mysteriously found at the scene completely unharmed by the surrounding devastation. After Olivia uncovers an unbelievable commonality between disturbing events, Dr. Bishop takes matters into his own hands and Peter is forced into field duty, it almost seems as if the untraceable object is triggering the series of odd behaviors, unexpected events and surprising revelations in “The Arrival” episode of FRINGE airing Tuesday, Sept. 30 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham, Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop, John Noble as Walter Bishop, Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles, Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis, Mark Valley as John Scott, Blair Brown as Nina Sharp and Jasika Nicole as Astrid FarnsworthGuest Cast: Nestor Serrano as Colonel Jacobson, Michael Kelly as Rouge and Michael Cerveris as September

Source: Fox

Comment

Originally posted by eviladam View Post
                              Any one know there I can find a picture of the symbols that flash on the screen during commercail breaks? My searches are not being helpfull.
                              a frog, 6 fingered hand, also the leaf had the greek letter for alpha on it. hmmmmm.....
                              anyway i thought it was good, the only problem was the prosthetic arm looked to fake. i liked the placement title cards were interesting, trying to stay away from the x-files typewriter-esk titles
                              i found it to be very interesting, gives you an aspect of real science with psudo-science, and the arc sounds interesting, who is doing experiments on the human race? It was very unpredictable, whcih is what I like in a show, like Lost, and I'm sad that there was only one lost refrence in the whole pilot, i'll be watching closely for more!
                              Last edited by unluckynumber11; 13 September 2008, 05:46 PM.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

By placement title cards are you talking about the huge letters telling us where they were i.e. Baghdad Airport, etc. I actually found those rather annoying myself. Kinda takes me out of the show.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X