Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - Spoilers and Speculation

DARIN MORGAN is in on this?! Did I know that?? *checks previous posts*

Nope. WOW! DARIN MORGAN! *basks in awe*

Still iffy on the whole show, but Darin's involvement is definitely an interesting factor. I think he hates me, but he's still a bit of a hero to me.

Airman

Quote Originally Posted by Psychodad View Post
    I just finished watching it on Hulu. I liked it a lot. It's got a good cast. I really like John Noble as Dr. Bishop. His character is pretty quirky and I think we'll see some interesting twist as his story unfolds. Nice to see Lance Reddik as Agent Boyles. I've admired his acting since The Wire.

I have to disagree with those of you who don't care for Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham. I think she's fantastic. I get to observe a lot of female police officers and detectives at my job. Torv's performance is pretty much in character with some of those women I know. Tough, professional, and still in many surprising ways sensitive and caring.

Les
    I'd pretty much guarantee she's playing the character exactly how she's supposed to. She's a NIDA graduate. You've got to be oozing talent to get into that place, let alone survive it. So if you're finding her a bit cool it's probably what's called for by the writing. Maybe that will warm up over time.

I found the second episode to be a total bore. I kept looking a the clock hoping it would end. Maybe it's just that I was tired, but I don't think so.

1x03 Preview:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...review_17.html

Scoop:http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc..._have_cow.html

Latest from Ausiello:

Spoiler:
    Question: Fringe was so awesome! Got any scoop? -- Olivia
    Ausiello: You betcha. The show is already beefing up its cast, adding to the roster an as-yet-unchosen actor to play the recurring role of Ian Spencer, a twenty-to-thirtysomething hipster whose forensics expertise comes in handy on tough cases. Not sure if his sense of humor helps, too, but hey, can't hurt, right?

'Fringe' Audience Soars In Second Week':http://syfyportal.com/news425380.html

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

This show is a mixed bag for me and I don't like the gross out stuff

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

I watched the first episode because my younger sister told me it would be good stuff ( I absolutely trust and respect her opinion regarding movies ) and she was right. It is an interesting show even when I know nothing about J.J. Abrahams' previous work ( even when my sister was a big fan of "Alias" at the beginning and my Dad loved "Lost" ), a little weird, but what the heck, Sci Fi shows are mostly weird.

My favorite character is Walter. Genius Mad Scientist and the best actor of the whole bunch by far.

Since I'm a big fan of "House MD", I guess I'll be home every tuesday right on time to watch both shows.

Vala Re: Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - Spoilers and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Kef1 View Post
    I'd pretty much guarantee she's playing the character exactly how she's supposed to. She's a NIDA graduate. You've got to be oozing talent to get into that place, let alone survive it. So if you're finding her a bit cool it's probably what's called for by the writing. Maybe that will warm up over time.
    I still say she's too wooden for me. Doesn't mean she's not talented. She just doesn't grab me. And sadly neither does the show. I was bored last night and I think I'm done. I don't like House anymore (haven't for years) and doubt I'll tune in to Fringe again any time soon.

I hope for those of you who do really enjoy it that it continues and has a long life.

I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I hope it continues too. I have liked what I have seen so far.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

If Dr. Nutjob turns out to be an evil puppetmaster who has been faking madness and pulling strings all along I'll be able to live with his characterization. But if we're honestly supposed to believe he's just a fumbling ex-mad scientist then I cry foul at the writing. Or possibly the acting. The character is too over-the-top to be believable. The subject matter of the eps is more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
    I found the second episode to be a total bore. I kept looking a the clock hoping it would end. Maybe it's just that I was tired, but I don't think so.
    I also agree with this, i was watching the episode that aired last night and i was having a hard time keeping up. The story looked interesting form the beginning with the ultra-fast pregnancy...but after that i gave up watching. Maybe I'll try watching the next episode to see if it changes.

Maybe i was just having high expectations has being a fan of J. J. Abrams work.

who the hell is DARIN MORGAN?
    greetings....

Quote Originally Posted by Sp!der View Post
    who the hell is DARIN MORGAN?
    He did some of the more... interesting episodes of X-Files. Usually the funny ones. Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' still makes me giggle just thinking about it. Did a couple eps of Millennium, too. He mostly does "consulting producer" stuff now (and was thusly involved with Bionic Woman, which isn't such a stellar resume item). He's done a bit of acting, too, although it's his writing that I love. I wonder how much actual consulting he does, though. Huh.

2nd ep wasn't too bad.

Also improved in the ratings which is good, mind you, anything should do well following House.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychodad View Post
    It's got a good cast. I really like John Noble as Dr. Bishop. His character is pretty quirky and I think we'll see some interesting twist as his story unfolds.
    Yeah, the Dr. character is certianly interesting, and has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychodad
    Nice to see Lance Reddik as Agent Boyles. I've admired his acting since The Wire.
    I've recently started watching The Wire (Into season 2 atm). He is quality.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6181/mbeddiene8.jpg[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Watched the first two episodes. I usually like science fiction and mystery series, but this show isn't science fiction it is about psuedo science. A show that has such stupid science shouldn't take itself to seriously. This kind of stuff belongs in a comedy. The first episode was ok on the mystery aspect, but the second was just boring. Won't be watching this show again.

As it turns out, that timeslot is going to be overloaded. Eureka is on at the same time and I was thinking I'd be able to switch back to watching that but now I see that The Mentalist is on then, too. *sigh* Not very sure about that one, either, but for now it will take precedence in my viewing schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    As it turns out, that timeslot is going to be overloaded. Eureka is on at the same time and I was thinking I'd be able to switch back to watching that but now I see that The Mentalist is on then, too. *sigh* Not very sure about that one, either, but for now it will take precedence in my viewing schedule.
    Talking about crowded time slots: "Stargate Atlantis" airs on FX ( Latin America ) at the exact time of "Fringe" and "The Mentalist". Since I live on the border, I get American channels too, so I decided to watch "Fringe", flip channels during commercia breaks to check out "The Mentalist" ( and wait 'till mexican cable system picks the show ) and see the rest of "Atlantis" on DVD

Bugs' Carrot Keeper leeman15251's Avatar

I love this show. Will watch every week.

Major General

I liked it. It's alike a cross between The X-Files and Torchwood, but good.

Lieutenant Colonel Pandora's_Box's Avatar

Finally got around to checking out this show, admittedly, because it's a JJ Abrams production. I'll admit, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of Alias. So I was excited to see what new thing he came up with this time around.

New? Not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm interested and I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot and the second episode, but the similarities between the two shows are striking.

Female main character working as an agent for a government organization, loses the love of her life, and ends up working for an uber-secretive organization.

Conspiracies and secrets abound and no one is who or what they appear to be.

Again, I liked it and I'll be watching more episodes to see what road this whole takes. I'm just sayin'.... Abrams isn't exactly revolutionizing the thriller genre.

Quick question, are we supposed to be assuming that Bishop genetically altered his son pre-birth or that he had some potentially fatal medical problem that required the good doctor to do something to him later in life?