Stargate Atlantis - Paul McGillion Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - Paul McGillion Interview

[NOTE: I wrote Craig McGill, and asked about the status of Paul's interview, as Mr. McGill changed web addresses, and the interview was "lost" in the move. Mr. McGill just e-mailed me with the new url for the interview. Thank you!]

From Craig McGill:

http://craig-mcgill.com/2008/06/03/t...ion-interview/

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

The Paul McGillion Interview

Posted in June 3rd, 2008

by Craig in WTF?

Here’s one for fans of Sexy Scotsmen then. As those tripping over this via a Google Link may know, I interviewed Paul McGillion of Stargate: Atlantis fame earlier in 2008 for the Scottish Sun newspaper. I waited a while to see if it would run but it didn’t before I moved on to bigger and brighter things.

I felt duty-bound not to rush it onto the site and give The Sun a chance to run it, but it never seemed to appear. And then my laptop died. And then the website went slightly dead due to some halfwit trying to upgrade to Wordpress 2.5 and making a howler of it.

Anyway, as the website is now, getting back to life slowly - and it’s nearly six months on from when I went to interview Paul - it seems a decent enough time has passed. So here’s the Paul McGillion interview, not as it would have appeared in The Sun, but a mix of questions I asked for the fans, along with the Sun version and wee bits I can remember.

(for those who are about to moan that the article contains a lot of stuff Paul fans already know, all I would say is wheesht: this was written for a mainstream audience and Paul hasn’t had a lot of exposure over in Scotland - or the UK actually, so it’s a flavour of the man. In fact there’s a question, what flavour would Paul be?)

(and if the fans don’t mind, instead of lifting the interview, could they just post the link back here please?)

(also have to say: great interview with Paul here)

Useless factoid before we begin: I posted up an interview with Iain Banks/Iain M Banks and that attracted moderate interest. Those hits were nothing - a dot on a pin on a dotted thing - compared to what happened when Paul’s name went on it.

**snippage**
    Last edited by morjana; 03 June 2008, 01:18 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

“I’ve actually just been arranging with agents to get more work in the UK as I’d love to be in more British dramas.
    “Of course there’s also work like Dr Who and Torchwood and to be in them would fantastic.”
    Yeah! I love UK SciFi TV program, too.
    DW, TW, Primeval are my fave.
    Have any other UK SciFi TV program you like?

BTW: I also like UK sitcom.
    Last edited by jjit; 03 June 2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

There is already a thread for this inteview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=craig+mcgill

Comment

Working...
      X