LOST~ Season Five Spoilers and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT'S TO COME

Lost boss Damon Lindelof attended the excellent Juan-Manuel Rocha-hosted Comics on Comics event at Meltdown on Sunset tonight. He offered the assembled crowd several very interesting insights about the future of Lost.

VOTE NO ON MIDI-CHLORIANS: Damon gave us a sense of what kind of Lost questions will be answered, and which other mysteries won't explicitly be explained by the end of the series: "There are certain questions about the show that I'm very befuddled by like, 'What is the Island?' or 'What do the numbers mean?' We're going to be explaining a little more about the numbers, maybe significantly more about the numbers, but what do you mean by 'What do the numbers mean?' What is a potential answer to that question? I feel like you have to be very careful about entering into midi-chlorian territory...I grew up on Star Wars, I've seen the Star Wars movies hundreds of times, I can recite them chapter and verse, and never once did anyone ever say to me or did it occur to me to say, 'What is the Force, exactly? Can you explain that for me, better than Alec Guinness does?' I understand, 'When are we going to find out about Libby?' That's a very finite question. 'Who is Jacob?' OK, yes, we've been talking to this guy named Jacob, so those questions then should have answers, but 'What is the Island?' That starts to get into 'What is the Force?' It is a place. I can't explain to you why it moves through space-time, it just does. You have to accept the fact that it does." Can you live with that?

SURVEY SAYS, ZZZT! WRONG ANSWER: Regarding the approaching final season and possible fan reaction to the accompanying reveals, Damon says, "There isn't a perfect way to end the show, but the end inevitably approaches and so the show has to start answering more and more questions. To me the greatest thing about Lost, just in terms of writing it, was that [over the years] the show could ask a question, and everyone [watching] could say 'Here's what I think the answer to that is.' And next year we're basically going to spend the entire season telling you you're wrong. 'Here's the actual answer to that question.' And you're going to say, 'S--t, my answer was actually much better.' " Have you been satisfied or displeased with the answers we've gotten so far?

HOW IT ENDS: Just as an insight into Damon's mind (and thus a pointer to possible plans for the Lost series ender), you might be interested to know that the M*A*S*H finale is Damon's all-time favorite series conclusion.

MORE SERIES FINALE CLUES: Damon says that when the show ends, "All of the character resolutions will be very defined. There is going to be no cut to black. The show for me and Carlton [Cuse] and J.J. [Abrams] and all the people writing it—it's not about the Island. The Island is where it takes place. It's about this group of people who crashed on the Island on Sept. 22, 2004, and how they influenced the history of the Island in some ways and had a very significant and pivotal role to play there. You're going to see that role play out, and their fates will all be resolved by the end of the series—that's the story that we're telling. In terms of every little bit of minutiae about the Island itself...there will be questions [left unanswered] after the show [ends]."

LIBBY SAYS HI: Libby's story will not be wrapped up on the show. Says Damon, "I have learned that if you kill someone off the show, they are less likely to cooperate with you." Basically, Cynthia Watros is busy until further notice and they can't explain Libby without her, at least not in any way that shows her story rather than annoyingly tells her story. What's the takeaway for us fans? Next time you've got Damon cornered, don't waste your breath asking about Libby. Instead, bust his chops about another very important blonde: Claire! Where is that little minx, anyway?

THE SUM IS 108: This one goes out to all the Lostpedians out there. Damon said, "Here's the story with numbers. The Hanso Foundation that started the Dharma Initiative hired this guy Valenzetti to basically work on this equation to determine what was the probability of the world ending in the wake of the Cuban Missile Crisis. Valenzetti basically deduced that it was 100 percent within the next 27 years, so the Hanso Foundation started the Dharma Initiative in an effort to try to change the variables in the equation so that mankind wouldn't wipe it itself out." This information, in more convoluted form, was leaked out via the online games rather than explained on the show itself, says Damon, because, "That would be the worst thing ever. We have to make the show for the hardcore fans who care about the numbers, but we also have to make it for my mom, who just wants Sawyer to take his shirt off."

Source: E!

Comment

Behind the scenes spoiler clip:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...enes-clip.html

Comment

Scoop:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...-scoop_08.html

Comment

We just chatted up Lost's Ben Linus about the season-five finale, and according to Emerson, who's been a very reliable source in the past, we're in for just about the two craziest hours of television ever aired!

Find out why he says that Lost's last two hours of the year might truly be the most game-changing finale yet...

As a Lost fan yourself, how shocking did you find this season's finale? Is it more shocking or less that the season-three finale where we learned Jack and Kate got off the Island?
          Ours is a show that specializes in big shock endings, but I think season five...None of the other shock endings left me wondering how the show goes on. We have two kinds of huge shocks at the end of this one. Each one alone would be enough to keep an audience eating its own soul for the whole hiatus, but with two, I don't know what you can do with that.

It's like nine months until season six! We're gonna die!
          [Laughs] It's going to be a long one. I'm sorry.

It's OK, just come to Comic-Con this summer and talk to us. Now, does Ben still have a plan?
          I think Ben has a lot of layers of plans, but I think we're way off the main stem of anything that works for him. I mean, Ben's doing like moment-to-moment scrambling now.

Ben's role was always all-knowing evil overlord of the Island—and pardon me for using the word evil, I know that's debatable—but these days he seems very buffeted by circumstance. Will we see a different persona for him in season six?
          Ben has tended to swing like a pendulum from positions of power to positions of questionable circumstance, but I think it's possible that we could have a wholesale change in how Ben ticks next season if the circumstances of the show are as altered [as they would seem to be]. If there's a wholesale set of new problems, Ben's role may shift at the same time. Actually, I'm curious to see. If Ben has a dramatic life in season six, I'll be curious to see what the nature of it is.

Ben tried and failed to kill Penny this season. Will he try again, or is he done with that effort?
          I think he has bigger fish to fry. And I think he's still digesting what happened that day.

Getting his ass kicked?
          Getting his ass kicked is all in a day's work—in fact, that's a strategy of his—but there's the business of how Penny escaped his wrath. What was the trigger? What was the thing that made that not happen? And what must he be thinking about it? We shall see.

Ben has tried and succeeded to kill Locke once this year. Would he try again, or does he believe Locke is untouchable, which Locke almost seems to believe about himself?

Yes, John Locke is certainly newly expansive and bold. He seems not to have any of his old vulnerabilities. I think Ben would think twice about attacking John Locke on a purely physical plane.

Comment

Scoop here:
            http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/200...st-season.html

and here:
            http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/200...o-podcast.html

Comment

Scoop:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...-scoop_11.html

Comment

Finale sneak peeks:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...eak-peeks.html

Comment

Scott in Ft. Collins, Colo.: What can you tell us about the Lost finale?
                  As Michael Emerson so impressively put it: The Lost finale will make you eat your soul. Also, stuff blows up, Jacob walks among us and we cry like crazy.

Sara in Rome: The last episode of Lost killed my Skate shipper heart. This should be the moment when you comfort us by telling us everything will be OK. Right? Right?
                  You guys have got to stop living episode-to-episode (you're going to give yourselves coronaries!) and start thinking long-term. Why? Because long-term, everything will be OK! Promise.

Source:E!

Comment

Scott in Ft. Collins, Colo.: What can you tell us about the Lost finale?
                    As Michael Emerson so impressively put it: The Lost finale will make you eat your soul. Also, stuff blows up, Jacob walks among us and we cry like crazy.

Sara in Rome: The last episode of Lost killed my Skate shipper heart. This should be the moment when you comfort us by telling us everything will be OK. Right? Right?
                    You guys have got to stop living episode-to-episode (you're going to give yourselves coronaries!) and start thinking long-term. Why? Because long-term, everything will be OK! Promise.

Comment

Four clips from the upcoming season finale of Lost

ABC has released four clips offering sneak peeks at the Lost season finale, "The Incident," which airs Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET/PT. You can view them after the jump.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/four-cl...-the-upcom.php

Comment

I know you guys have some hints about Lost's finale. Don't hold out. — Joseph

TIM: ABC's promos spoil that Sawyer, Kate and Juliet return to the island, so we asked Patrick Fischler (aka the Dharma Initiative's Phil) what could possibly turn the sub around. "Let me see, how do I put this? Sawyer," he said. Fischler says Phil plays an "interesting part" in a season finale that answers lots of questions, but ends with a game-changing cliff-hanger. Might Phil face the music for belting Juliet last week? "I think Sawyer may have to have a little payback," says Fischler. Look for our full Q&A with the actor, whose credits also include Southland and Mad Men, next week.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1006021.aspx

Comment

Finale scoop:

Here:http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1550...278408,00.html

and here:http://www.tvguide.com/News/Lost-Fin...n-1006009.aspx

Comment

Would love confirmation that Sayid is still alive!!
                            When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Working...
                            X