X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOST~ Season Five Spoilers and Rumors

Latest from Kristen @ E!

Spoiler:
    Mena in Los Angeles: Please, spill the beans! Is there a chance that my darling Jin survived the freighter explosion on Lost?

Jin is gonna be fine. I don't know exactly how, but he's going to be fine. I suspect that the difference between Michael's and Jin's survival is that Michael was trapped inside the hold, whereas Jin being up on the edge of the deck meant he had a chance to be blown clear of the ship. Besides, the guy magically survived the crash of a 747 and the wreck of the raft. No reason he shouldn't survive this shipwreck—I choose to believe the Island clearly joins us all in loving him and wanting to keep him around.

Cristina L. in Miami: About the person leaving Lost next season but returning the for season six...You said it's a girl from the first season, so is Rose included, or do you just mean Kate, Sun and Claire.

Rose would have been included, but as revealed in the Redux's "What's to Come" section, Emilie de Ravin will be on a holding contract with Lost for season five and returning in season six. But don't worry, you can get your Emilie fix elsewhere in the coming year: She's got a part in the Johnny Depp flick Public Enemies, she's in the period baseball picture The Perfect Game with Clifton Collins Jr. and last but not least, she'll be costarring in Ball Don't Lie with Nick Cannon and Ludacris. Even without Lost, she's going to be a busy cookie!

Marc in Brooklyn, N.Y.: When Ben was in the funeral parlor in the finale, was that live, real, off-island Ben or dead, spirit-vision Ben?

I had to read the comments of the Redux to figure this out (thank you Nick!), but I think that was the real Ben, because...When he moved the Island, he was teleported (or whatever) to the Tunisian desert, where we find him at the beginning of the circa 2005 flash-forward in "Shape of Things to Come." When we first see him in that scene, he has a wound that matches the cut on his arm at the end of "No Place Like Home." Crazy, right? So, to me, it does seem like he's been genuinely exiled from the Island, and since he leapt forward to 2005 he has been living and working only in the "real world."

A couple little spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    - The black smoke is "misunderstood"

- Christian Shepard will become very important next year

- They have no answers for the love triangle

- They say the flash forwards show that aren't making it up as they go along

- Both Ben and Charles Widmore are very important

- Michael Emerson thinks Ben will end up being a hero

- Lost will definitely end at the end of Season 6.

Source: Lost Spoilers
    Last edited by MrsB108; 18 June 2008, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Little scoop from Kristen @ E!:

Spoiler:
      Mike in Hermosa Beach, Calif.: I have one question that I can't seem to find an answer to. And it's probably meant to be that we didn't hear, but what the hell did Sawyer whisper to Kate before he jumped?

Survey says: I've checked with my sources, and also a rep for the show, and have been told that the writers are "saving that secret for later on." According to one insider who works on the show, that line (what Sawyer said) wasn't even in the script. I wouldn't put too much stock into the gazillion daughter-in-Alabama (or possibly Albuquerque) "What Sawyer Said" videos currently playing on YouTube, some of which claim to have official and complete subtitles. Bottom line: Only Damon and Carlton know the whole truth, so I'm staying cautiously skeptical for the time being. If anyone sees them at Comic-Con next month (when they officially break their "radio silence"), tackle them and tickle them until they tell us if we can trust this YouTube business, OK?

Anais in San Marino, Calif.: What did you think of the Jack's statement at the press conference in the "extended edition" of part one of "No Place Like Home" that Boone, Libby and Charlie survived the initial crash of 815 but died later?

I thought it was great, because it opens the door for the Oceanic Six to meet with Boone, Libby or Charlie's relatives, which in turns opens the door (IMHO) for parallel Boone, Libby and Charlie flashback scenes, hopefully from their time on the Island. And from a strictly production perspective, I think the fact that Ian Somerhalder, Cynthia Watros and Dominic Monaghan are still friends of the show, and have exhibited a willingness to do one-off guest returns, has a lot to do with them "surviving."

Chris in Henderson, Nev.: If next season of Lost is about the Oceanic Six trying to get back, wouldn't it be more than just Emilie de Ravin who would need a holding contract? What about Josh Holloway, Terry O'Quinn, etc.?

They don't need holding contracts because we're going to see them on the Island next season, sillypants. I have no idea how they're going weave together the stories from back in the world with the stories from the Island, but Sawyer, Jin, Locke and company will be present and accounted for. I think a lot of season five will be a great ironic contrast between what the O6 think is happening on the Island, and what the Islanders think is happening in the world (all while the Widmore-Linus war rages around them).

Wallace in Nebraska: Kristin, if Emilie de Ravin (Claire) is not on Lost next year, where will she be?

Emilie de Ravin will be getting mani/pedis on Melrose and, I'm sure, booking other jobs (besides the ones we already told you about), while Claire, according to an inside source, "Is off with Christian." Whatever that means! By the way, we may still see Claire next year. It's just that EDR is not being used as a series regular, so we shouldn't expect to see much of her.

Eli in New York City: Kristin, I was curious to hear what you personally are looking forward to in season five? I'm hoping for more Ben-Charles scenes!

All I want for Christmas is a big reunion of the escapees with the still-stuck survivors. I can taste the tears of Jin and Sun's reunion now (she doesn't even know he's alive! the horror!), and they are sweet. The question, of course, is when it will happen.

Comment

Little speculation from Kristen @ E!:

Spoiler:
        Dan:I'm part of the ABC Studios Advisory Panel, and they were asking questions about Michael's "fate" on Lost—very vague about whether he died or not, and also how interested I was in seeing him next season. Could this mean that, depending on the results, he might come back?! Also, when Ben says they all need to come back to the Island—is there any way he means Walt, too, and that he'll be a regular next season? Because, dammit, I miss the kid, and I need to know how he's special!:

I've unilaterally decided that Ben's declaration means Walt has to go back, too, but whether Darlton or the Island agree with me remains to be seen. As for Michael, well, that there info you have from the advisory panel is what Arsenio used to call a thing that makes you go "Hmmmm..."

Janice in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada: On Lost, Ben says they all have to go back to the Island. Does this include Jin and Sun's child?

I personally think everybody means everybody, including innocent babies and children whom their mothers and feisty grandmothers are strongly disinclined to take back to the Dangerous Island of the Four-Toed Statue. On the other hand, maybe the moms can leave their babies with Penny while everyone else returns?

Comment

Spoiler bit:
          Spoiler:
          Apparently, the island can move in space and in time.

Source:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...uck-scoop.html

The video also has spoilers for Chuck and some other shows....

Comment

Casting Scoop:

Spoiler:
            Grant Bowler who play Captain Gault has mentioned in an article this morning that he will be filming more scenes for Lost later this year even though he died.

Source: NZ Dominion Post via DarkUFO

Comment

Latest bits from an interview with Carlton Cuse:
              Spoiler:
              Production starts in August and Season 5 will air from January to May 2009.

Kate will end up with one of the two eventually.

Locke's story is not over. There is a famous guy named Jesus Christ that was resurrected.

We will learn what happened to Locke and the others. Also, now what is Locke's destiny since he is in "charge" of the island? He has committed his destiny to this island and thinks that it will lead him to enlightenment. We will eventually see if he is right or not.

Jack v Locke (Science v. Faith) - One of the fundamental themes of show. In Season 5 Jack will become more a Man of Faith and Locke will become more a Man of Science. Locke believes his destiny is tied to this island. This will be a story line that we will explore in the upcoming seasons.

Source:http://video.sina.com.cn/ent/v/u/200...11018091.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                [SPOILERS]Jin is gonna be fine. I don't know exactly how, but he's going to be fine.[/spoiler]
                I did say / had hoped this. Am glad really, means Sun & Jin will get a reunion at some point.

[spoilers]- Christian Shepard will become very important next year

- Both Ben and Charles Widmore are very important[/spoiler]
                Isn't this obvious?

Spoiler:
                - Michael Emerson thinks Ben will end up being a hero
                I hope not. He is a Killer, he killed people on that boat without any remorse, he has killed countless others without remorse, and he plans to kill Penny.

Whether he will end up a Hero is to be found out, but I hope he isn't. Will be one hell of a strange hero.
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Latest from EW's Ausiello:

Spoiler:
                  Question: I'm dying to have some juicy Lost tidbits. I'll take anything I can get. — Brittany
                  Ausiello: Damn straight you will! Team Darlton is doing their annual “radio silence” thing, so Lost scoop is at a premium these days. Luckily, I managed to unearth this little morsel: John Terry (Christian) and Alan Dale (Widmore) are in talks to return next season on a recurring basis. Big frakkin’ whoop, right? Well, here’s where it gets interesting: In the fine print of both their contracts, it states that Lost has the right to pick up series regular options on both actors for the show’s sixth and final season. For insight into what this could possibly portend for Lost’s endgame, please join me in welcoming the man, the myth the legend, guru of all things Lost, Mr. Doc Jensen! “The prospect of expansive roles for Jack's maybe-dead dad and Penelope's dastardly deep-pocketed pop suggests a theory about the Island's true significance. Here is a seemingly-magical place where the lame can walk anew, the impotent can once more shoot bullets, and anyone can crank on ancient donkey wheels and leap through time. In other words, the Island provides the means for death-spooked mortals to cheat the grim reaper. I'm betting that's why Old Man Widmore is so desperate to find it. As for Ghost Dad, the Island allows him to stick around in his inexplicable spectral state and might even be facilitating a full-blown bodily resurrection; either scenario represents a violation of the natural order of things. In the end, Jack will no doubt have to convince his father — and possibly his maybe-dead half-sister Claire, too — that they need to move on. Regardless, keeping Terry around portends an emotional climax to Jack's father issue arc.” Really? You got all of that from my one little casting item? Cool.

Question: I have been expecting your reaction to the Lost season finale, but so far nada. You promised to offer us your "surprising critique" on July 2. How about it? — Kristhian
                  Ausiello: Oh, Kristhian…. my dear, sweet Kristhian. You must be new at this. As any blue-blooded Aushole can attest, I rarely keep my promises. Besides, the "surprising critique" I “promised” was about Fringe, not Lost. There’s nothing surprising about my reaction to the Lost finale. As I suspected, it was a mind-bending, action-packed triumph. My only quibble: Kate and Sawyer’s kiss was, at least IMHO, more Bailey/Tuck than Alex/Izzie. Didn’t really rock my world like I thought it would. Fringe, meanwhile, was solid around the edges but a little weak in the middle. The first 15 minutes were about as perfect as a TV show gets, but then it hit snooze for about an hour, before roaring back to life at the end. I hear J.J. Abrams and his team are tinkering with the pilot a bit, so I have faith that he’ll deliver a finished product that is all parts awesome. And here’s a bit of scoop: I can confirm that J.J. is writing Fringe’s second episode alongside exec producers Jeff Pinkner and Roberto Orci.

Comment

Little bit from Kristen @ E!:

Spoiler:
                    Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse, Lost

• Over on Lost (which, did I mention, got an Emmy nod today? wheee!), when asked about how they would manage the split casts next season (with some on the Island and some off), Damon said, "We have that [issue] intensely in mind." He said that they find that separating characters geographically and emotionally is a valuable storyline tool for them, but they're aware that they can only do that for so long before audiences get impatient.

Damon and Carlton also were asked about diversity issues, with an implied reference to Harold Perrineau's speculation about how race might have played a role Michael's death, and Damon said, "The show has to be an equal-opportunity murderer...We've killed a lot of white people. And I can almost guarantee we will be killing more white people this season."

• When pressed on their plan for season five of Lost, Damon said, "This is a tricky year for us. This is like The Two Towers [portion of The Lord of the Rings saga]...it links us to the final season...We've known a lot of what we want to do there [in the final season] for a long time, but the challenge is how do we make this season engaging and exciting. The worst thing we could ever do on the show is for the show to be boring...If we're going to be bad, we're going to be spectacularly bad."

Comment

Another little bit:
                      Spoiler:
                      "Cuse hints that "the journey about how those six return to the island" will be a major thrust of Season 5. Adds Lindelof: "You have to break your characters up to create conflict... but you can't play that too long because the audience will get frustrated.... And we have that intensely in mind as we proceed.""

Cuse teases we'll see more of Daniel Dae Kim "in some form" this season despite Jin's apparent death.

Source: EW

More spoilery talk here:http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/200...rs-at-tca.html

Comment

Comic Con Spoilers:

Spoiler:
                        Lost show runners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are here to take your fan questions here and, apparently, give out relevant prizes, and it'll all be liveblogged here!

Q's and A's are paraphrased. This will be updated frequently, so check back often. Vids of key moments coming soon.

Q: When the hatch imploded and the sky turned purple? Did the Island move then?
                        A: No. But something happened. Prize: Oceanic water bottle.

Q: What is the fate of Jin and Locke?
                        A: Jin will still be on the show in some form. You've not seen the last of either of those characters. Prize: Jin panda bear.

Q: Best episode and best season, in your opinion?
                        Carlton: "The Constant" is my favorite episode, and season one.
                        Damon: "Exodus" and the raft launch before the show disintegrated into utter despair. I also like season four. Prize: Apollo bar and Apollo bar T-shirt.

Q: What's up with the reflection in the season four promos where the city was in the reflection in the water?
                        A: That was all about the Oceanic Six getting off the Island. Prize: Heroes DVD

Q: Will there be a Rousseau flashback?
                        A: We will see Rousseau's story, to use the word flashback might be disingenious. Damon: We're steering away from the flashes. Prize: I Am Lost luggage tags.

Q: What's up with the actors strike?
                        A: We're supposed to start in three weeks at least until further notice changes that plan. Prize: Photo of Nikki & Paolo.

Q: Any special guests this year?
                        A: No actors. Sorry. Prize: Actor-signed DVD box set.

Q: What happened to Vincent?
                        A: What about what happened the Island and Sawyer and Juliet? Vincent's OK and will appear in season five. Safe to say: Vincent's gonna make it to the end. Prize: Little polar bear.

Q: Are Jack and Kate your show's one true pariring?
                        A: Carlton: Personally I like those two, professionally I'm going to take the Fifth. Prize: Jack action figure.

Ah, we've been had again. MATTHEW FOX is so totally here. Photos coming soon!

Q: Will Kate ever see Sawyer again?
                        DL: Not if Jack has anything to say about it. CC: Yes. Kate will see Sawyer again. Prize: Signed poster.

Q: What happened to non-speaking "beachies" who were ferried over to the blowed-up boat from the season four finale?
                        A: They dead. Faraday is probably gonna be OK. Prize: Authentic Faraday tie.

Damon Q to Matthew Fox: Do you know the meat-socks/redshirts, i.e. those who died on the boat?
                        MF: Yep. They're always there and very professional.

Q: Is there a limit to how far the flashes can go back and forth in time?
                        A: We're going to tell stories in a new and exciting way. This year, when season five starts, you're not going to know when and where you are. CC: There will be storytelling both on and off the Island and in different periods of time. Guy who makes wooshing sound will remain employed. Prize: Hanso Foundation hat.

Q: Just between me and you, how does this show end?
                        A: It ends well, we hope.
                        Q: Can I have some Jin?
                        DL: The alcohol or the character?
                        Prize: Dharma beer

Q: How old is Richard Alpert and does he have six toes?
                        A: Not tellin'. We will see Richard Alpert barefoot in the very near future and that's pun intended: the very near future. Prize: "I asked a Richard Alpert question and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" T-shirt

Damon Q to Matthew Fox: How old do you think Richard Alpert is?
                        MF: 125 years old. DL: Wrong.

Q: Regarding Locke's pseudonym of Jeremy Bentham, and one of his big things was the panopticon, are the people on the Island people being watched and by who?
                        A: Good question. [Interrupted by new Martin Candle video drama. That video? Coming soon right here!]

That's all for now kiddos. Check back soon for photos and video from the panel and in the not-too-distant future, my exclusive backstage interview with Mr. Matthew Fox himself! In the meantime, post your comments and Q's on the panel below, and we'll work on dragging more answers out of the powers that be in the very near future.

Comment

Here's a bunch of LOST Comic Con stuff:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/sea...lost+comic+con

Comment

New bit from TV Guide:
                            Spoiler:

I know Skaters and Jaters are asking about their Lost couples, but please don't ignore us Jacketeers! Is there hope for a Jack-Juliet reunion? – Tamuna

Matt: Hope? Sure. It's just a matter of where (back on the island, I can only assume) and when (perhaps as early as this coming season, at least one source tells me). And for those fretting about Elizabeth Mitchell's future with the show, I am assured that Juliet figures very heavily into Season 5. Me, I see her and Sawyer (wet and shirtless or even dry and clothed) taking charge as Locke and his band of worshippers move forth with whatever cockamamy plan they have in mind

Comment

News:
                              Spoiler:
                              "They begin shooting #501 on Aug. 17th. A couple new recurring characters, who may be regulars in season 6. A 40ish dangerous, intelligent man whose intentions are unclear (really? on this show?) and a 30ish charming, brilliant and dangerous European woman with a dark, mysterious past."

Source: Secretagentman

Comment

Working...
                              X