Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'S a bit of a toss-up. River killing the Doctor is the most obvious solution, which of course means everyone finds it highly suspect.

I still have a terrible feeling that she might mean Rory.

Comment

I've suspected that ever since she muttered that line.

Even more so now that it appears Arthur Darvill has signed on to a production at the Globe and not yet signed on to Series 7 full time.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
        Maybe she comes to think that way a little later when she understands or at least believes she understands what they were doing to her? But I hear what you're saying. How would you explain River's lines there?
        She's fully aware of her own history but, like all the rest of her interaction with the Doctor, she isn't giving any spoilers. In a way, she's even proud that she became so independent, despite being raised (possibly/apparently) without parents.

Comment

Proof that the Doctor and River's timeline is not directly linear:

Originally posted by Interviewer and Steven Moffat
          With River Song and her meeting the Doctor "backwards," is that important to the character? Is that something that needs to be explained?
          When she says that, she's being poetic, to some degree. The broad sweep of how she meets the Doctor is out of sequence. It's not necessarily always exactly out of sequence. It's been taken to mean, by some people, but that every time they meet, it's the exact reverse. We already know that's not true. And we've seen it not be true.

But look at it from River's point of view -- it feels as though every time she meets him [it's backwards], and she knows the day is coming when he won't know her at all. There's an adventure she hasn't had yet where the Doctor doesn't know her. She knows it's coming. She is generalizing: "Most of the times I meet him, generally he's younger and knows me slightly less well."
          http://www.aoltv.com/2011/08/26/doct...song-matt-smi/

Comment

Working...
          X