Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

i thought this thread needed making
    who is she, when did she meet the doctor? soon? or much later? etc. discuss
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    I think she is either a human incantation of the Tardis or she's the hand that picked up the Master's ring at the end of LotTL. How did I come to this conclusion? her saying that they'd been to the end of the Universe together or she's a Time Agent

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Spoiler:
      I think she is either a human incantation of the Tardis or she's the hand that picked up the Master's ring at the end of LotTL. How did I come to this conclusion? her saying that they'd been to the end of the Universe together or she's a Time Agent
      Spoiler:
      i like the time agent idea, but i was thinking, if she's telling the whole truth, she's possibly a future companion, or perhaps she found the doctors diary, being an archeologist of course, and just tries to follow him around through time, she's also got strong psychic abilities, able to write on psychic paper from across time, i'm unsure if she waits for him all the time, or just if she summons him to her every now and then for help with stuff.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

I think she is simply a future companion type person. She claims he is young..meaning that maybe this is something fun that the writers in 10, 15, or 20 years down the road can begin to write about. We might not find out all that much about her...although i think the doc might. He may even learn a thing or two about his own future...despite lecturing Big D about learning of future events.
        If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark

Comment

The Big D?????

Comment

Well they must have been pretty close/will be pretty close, because he made her a sonic screwdriver which isn't something he would do for just anyone. She also knows what emergency protocol 1 does, so I'm guessing she was a companion at one point. Sounds like she might be the Doctors girlfriend or something. Don't know where the book fits into it though.
            sigpic

Comment

i was thinking about that, some kind of romantic interest, she seemed devasted when she found out he didnt know her. and there is the kiss on the pyschic paper and her calling him sweety etc lol.
              either way i like her!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
              Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
              SG1 -

Comment

Do we know that it's River Song sent him the message on the Psycic paper, when I first saw the message I thought...

Spoiler:
                Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  Do we know that it's River Song sent him the message on the Psycic paper, when I first saw the message I thought...

Spoiler:
                  Rose
                  she either said that she did, or didn't deny it when asked, can't remember specifics, will watch again friday anyway.
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  Quotes!
                  sigpic

Comment

thought i'd re post this here,

I think she's evil, in the prievew for next episode the doctor was in the time vortex travelling "without a capusle" as he put it in Sound of Drums. I think theres nothing in that book, thats why the Doctor Can not look inside, and that she will steal the tardis, travel to another time and location (followed by the doctor) who will then get his tardis back, loose track of River and return to the libary.

heres a thought, do we know they are romantically linked, could it be a regenerated evil jenny

Re: Silence In the Library (3008/408)
                    It's an interesting theory, but 1) If she was able/going to regenerate, wouldn't she have done it at the end of TDD? 2) She didn't seem the type who'd bother sitting around waiting for her old man to show up, she looked hyped to go on adventures of her own. 3) She's already met the Doctor at an earlier point in both of their timelines, so why would she say she's never seen him any "younger?"

But did she really die, as in DEAD, or did the terra forming device some how keep her alive, in the last scene from TDD when Jenny breathed in she expelled some of the energy from the device. suggesting it had kept her alive and hence she didn't regenrate. we've seen time lords refuse to regenerate (Last Timelord) but that took a concious will to do so, and we've seen timelords who have "died" regenrate several hours later, in the DW movie the Seventh Doctor offially died, his hearts stopped beating, and hours later he regenrated. (albiet with side effects)

jenny did not know she could regenrate, and the doctor said nothing of it, suggesting that regenration is a reflex response. however the device kept her alive at least in some small part at first to negate a regenration, and then bring her back completely later on, no regenration.

also, if whilst on her adventures jenny was killed and did regenrate, that regenration could have been unstable, hence her bieng evil and hence her wanted revenge on the doctor for what this new persona persieves as him abandoning her on the hath planet.

also this episode the doctor looks exactly the same as he did in TDD, so jenny has never seen him any younger, or equally as likely SHE IS LYING.

Now i know that "Timelords always [recognise other regenrated timelords])" but maybe she has sort of technology which negates that ability. the master was able to negate the doctors ability to sense other timelords relatively easy, why cant the same be done with his ability to recognise regenrated timelords.

and as for why "she didnt recognise" donna, SHES LYING
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Crazy wild speculation that even I don't take seriously time!!!

How come no-one has suggested that River is Rose yet?
                      Spoiler:
                      We know she will end up back in our Universe, they've had all sorts of crazy adventures together, she certainly loves the Doctor, and despite what all us anti-shippers claim she certainly is (with the possible exception of Sarah Jane) the human who the Doctor trusts the most.

Comment

Hmm. The synopsis on the Sky Guide for this Saturday's DWC, which I assume they get from the BBC, calls River Song
                        Spoiler:
                        a time-travelling archaeologist.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          Crazy wild speculation that even I don't take seriously time!!!

How come no-one has suggested that River is Rose yet?
                          Spoiler:
                          We know she will end up back in our Universe, they've had all sorts of crazy adventures together, she certainly loves the Doctor, and despite what all us anti-shippers claim she certainly is (with the possible exception of Sarah Jane) the human who the Doctor trusts the most.
                          Because it makes no sense, River said that this is the youngest she has ever seen the Doctor. Meaning that this must be the first time he has met her in his timeline. Rumors I have read say that she is the
                          Spoiler:
                          Doctors Wife

Now I think that River may show up again sooner than we think....

Spoiler:
                          Season finale soon, she is going off the Doctors eyes for his age, now Midnight is meant to be a major whump episode for the Doctor mentally. That combined with anything that happens to the Doctor early in the finale could make his eyes look older
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I actually spent a heartbeat or two thinking she was The Master, but fortunately reality reasserted control after that. LOL! Funny idea (and a bit creepy, too) but impossible for more reasons than I can list.

I don't think she's Rose, I don't think she's Jenny, I don't think she's Jack and quite frankly I don't think she's anyone we've ever met before unless she was lying about never having seen him so "young" before and I can't imagine why she would lie about that. Unless she IS the Master! She may show up in future eps- and I hope she does- but I thought the implication was pretty strong that she's someone we've never met and more importantly someone the Doctor has never met.

I guess the question is, what is she? A former (future) Companion? A Time Agent? Or just someone who manages to keep encountering the Doctor at random intervals and having adventures? Although if the Doctor winds up looking at the book the encounters may not be as random as she thinks.

I doubt she's a Time Agent, though I can't give a solid reason for it beyond simply doubting that they'd be brought into play at this point. She could be a Companion, and her interactions with him and reactions to him do indicate a more than passing familiarity, but I'm still gonna lean towards "random encounters" just because.

I do have the uneasy feeling that whoever she is she's going to die in the next episode, which would be a somewhat bewildering loss for the Doctor. I also wonder if he isn't going to do something tricksy with the sonic screwdriver so that when he gives it to her in the future (which is technically the past) it'll contain whatever is necessary to destroy the shadows. In the preview...
                            Spoiler:
                            That could maybe explain the Doctor's apparently traveling through the vortex with only the sonic to guide him- honing in on a particular signal or whatever.

I don't see how that scene could possibly be interpreted as evidence of River being evil, but then again, rational thought and fandom hardly ever go together. In fact, at the time I almost wondered if it wasn't a "true" scene and was just some kind of fairy tale explanation/dream thought up by the little girl to explain the Doctor's traveling, but upon further reflection it probably is just what it looked like. *shrug*

If she is a former Companion then allow me a few moments to cringe, because as much as I like her and hope to see her in the future, her attitude also implies YET ANOTHER Companion enthralled by the Doctor.

But hey, if you're looking for wild and outlandish and utterly impossible theories, try this one on for size: maybe she's Rose's and Mickey's daughter, all growed up. How she gets there and why she's archaeologizing, I dunno, but given that she'll have grown up with Mum filling her head with stories about the Amazing Doctor and all of the Wonderful Adventures they had together, it wouldn't be TOO surprising for her to become just as starstruck as Mum was when she encounters the Doctor for herself. In fact, you'd have the whole "like mother, like daughter" factor working for you. And as a bonus, it'd be weird as Hell for the Doctor when he finds out. LOL! Oooo, I'm a sick and twisted little freak, aren't I?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              But hey, if you're looking for wild and outlandish and utterly impossible theories, try this one on for size: maybe she's Rose's and Mickey's daughter, all growed up. How she gets there and why she's archaeologizing, I dunno, but given that she'll have grown up with Mum filling her head with stories about the Amazing Doctor and all of the Wonderful Adventures they had together, it wouldn't be TOO surprising for her to become just as starstruck as Mum was when she encounters the Doctor for herself. In fact, you'd have the whole "like mother, like daughter" factor working for you. And as a bonus, it'd be weird as Hell for the Doctor when he finds out. LOL! Oooo, I'm a sick and twisted little freak, aren't I?
                              i quite like this idea for a crazy reason, and also her initials are RS, Rose Smith anyone? also Rose can be found in her name.
                              River Song
                              even if ivrng doesnt mean anything.....
                              but she's got the right complexion anyway....
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X