Theories and Speculations for Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theories and Speculations for Season 5

Now that LOST's fourth season has come to a close, we all look ahead to the show's return in January 2009. What do we all want to see happen next season and what types of stories do you think will feature?

For starters, I believe Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) will be removed from regular cast, possibly Emilie de Ravin (Claire) as well. Nestor Carbonell (Richard) will be added to the regular cast.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    For starters, I believe Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) will be removed from regular cast, possibly Emilie de Ravin (Claire) as well. Nestor Carbonell (Richard) will be added to the regular cast.
    MrsB108 posted this in the s4 spoiler thread
    Malik in Bangkok: I love Lost! Is anyone going to die in the season finale?
    I can tell you that a series regular who has been on the series since the first season will not be back next season (season five). According to inside sources, this person's contract has been put into a holding deal and the plan at this point is to have him or her return for season six. Guesses? (OK, I'll spare you the frantic emails: It is not Jack or Sawyer. It's a she.)
    I'm pretty sure it's Emilie de Ravin
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

A holding contract? Wow, cool. So let me see if I get this right: Season 5 will be about what happened on the Island after the 6 left and the 6 getting back to the Island. Season 7 will be about the 6 being back and the final chapter closing up?

Well at least de Ravin will be back. I know that Harold Perrineau (Michael) was not a happy chappy about his brief and semi-fruitless return in Season 4 (Lost Character's Fate Clarified)
      sigpic

Comment

A holding contract? Wow, cool.
        MrsB108 posted this in the s4 spoiler thread
        Cristina L. in Miami: About the person leaving Lost next season but returning the for season six...You said it's a girl from the first season, so is Rose included, or do you just mean Kate, Sun and Claire.

Rose would have been included, but as revealed in the Redux's "What's to Come" section, Emilie de Ravin will be on a holding contract with Lost for season five and returning in season six. But don't worry, you can get your Emilie fix elsewhere in the coming year: She's got a part in the Johnny Depp flick Public Enemies, she's in the period baseball picture The Perfect Game with Clifton Collins Jr. and last but not least, she'll be costarring in Ball Don't Lie with Nick Cannon and Ludacris. Even without Lost, she's going to be a busy cookie!
        So let me see if I get this right: Season 5 will be about what happened on the Island after the 6 left and the 6 getting back to the Island. Season 7 will be about the 6 being back and the final chapter closing up?
        no. s4 was about what happened when they left the island, AFAIK in s5 we'll see why they need to get back and in s6 what happens when they finally get back

Well at least de Ravin will be back. I know that Harold Perrineau (Michael) was not a happy chappy about his brief and semi-fruitless return in Season 4 (Lost Character's Fate Clarified)
        yeah he wasn't happy but I'm not sure what he expected. it was his decision to leave after s2. the writers did a good job reintroducing his character in s4 imo
        sigpic

Comment

I hope we don't have to wait until S6 to see what went wrong on the island.

I hope we do see more of Richard and the others. They are still a mystery. Nester Carbonell was to star in some show called Cain. It was cancelled during the writers strike. That should free him up to be on LOST more.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo Boo
            That should free him up to be on LOST more.
            Here's hoping. They had offered him the role of series regular this last season but, as you said, he was tied up with another show. Hopefully now he'll be on board in a bigger capacity. I've seen interviews where the actor is very much in love with the character of Richard, he enjoys portraying the character. And next season I am very sure we will be given a full account of what happened to those left behind on the Island after Jack and the others exited. Hopefully, this in turn will address such things as the four-toed statue, the Temple, and other various Island mythos.
            sigpic

Comment

I can't foresee a season of Lost without a heap of action on the island in question.

The real question format-wise is : will S5 be Outside World with flashes to Island, or will it be the Island with flashes to the Outside World ? Or perhaps the episodes will be split.

It kind of depends on what time will be considered "the present". If 2007 (i.e. the aftermath of Jeremy Bentham's death) is real-time, then there will be holes in the O6's story that will need flashes at some point, most significant being of course Jeremy Bentham meeting with the O6.

With Emilie going into a holding contract, that leaves 8 out of the original 14 regulars on next season (assuming Michael is dead and Jin is alive, if Jin is dead then there will be only 7 regulars). I would like to hope that Desmond will stay regular, Juliet and Ben almost certainly will.

This leaves at least 3 slots open for regulars. I believe there was talk this year about some of our Freighters making the grade. Either way, recurring characters do all right ; i'm hoping for another big year from Bernard

Comment

So im thinkin back to the beginning of season 4, during the introductions of the new people. Charloette dug up the skeleton of a Dharma animal in a desert i cant remember the name of. Im guessing the island has been moved on more than one occasion, which partially explains the four toed statue. Now moving over to the Lost city of Atlantis theory, that doesnt sound too far off, people could have discovered this island at any point in time, leading to any possibilty the creators want it to. Im fine with this, id almost rather never find out.

I knew time travel would come into place, it was when Ben just popped up in the desert and then asks what year it was. Too obvious if you ask me, but i love this stuff. And I would guess the frozen donkey wheel was some sort of emergency override to cause a completely random journey through 4 dimensional space. IE Ben had no control over where the island would go, what year it would appear in or where he would end up. My biggest question is why did he get exiled? What would cause the island to move to one place and Ben to move to another?

And lastly, Miles is my favorite character now, the mystery surrounding him is what i look forwars to most next season. And why do i get the feeling Charloette is ageless as well?

Oh and when did Daniel Faraday write in his journal "If something goes wrong, Desmond will be my constant?
                When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

I only hope that Jin comes back!!!!
                  thank u.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                    I only hope that Jin comes back!!!!
                    thank u.

Spoiler:
                    Mena in Los Angeles: Please, spill the beans! Is there a chance that my darling Jin survived the freighter explosion on Lost?

Jin is gonna be fine. I don't know exactly how, but he's going to be fine. I suspect that the difference between Michael's and Jin's survival is that Michael was trapped inside the hold, whereas Jin being up on the edge of the deck meant he had a chance to be blown clear of the ship. Besides, the guy magically survived the crash of a 747 and the wreck of the raft. No reason he shouldn't survive this shipwreck—I choose to believe the Island clearly joins us all in loving him and wanting to keep him around.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....84&postcount=1
                    sigpic

Comment

As long as Desmond doesn't get shot or otherwise injured, I'll be happy. I feel that the man deserves a little holiday with Penny after all that time on the Island. I'm sure Ben will disrupt that at some point, but at least let them have some quality time first!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X