Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's too bad. Now I wonder what the general consensus of the Nox is for Stargate fans. I could see how some would find them lame but they were worth exploring and I wish they were explored more.

Comment

The Nox being apart of the great four alliance is something not to be overlooked in the aspect that they weren't just a alliance of powerful races they were a collective of races that could learn from and teach each other in more ways than just military might, we think of the alliance as just a group of powerful aliens with the fire power to eliminate others but maybe the entry requirements was a general overall advancement in all aspects of advancement

Comment

I mostly like the Nox. I hate their holier-than-thou attitude though.

"You guys are primitive jerks because you resort to using violence to defend yourself against those that will kill or enslave you. If you'd just develop technology waaaaaaay in advance of them and hide yourselves from them, you wouldn't need to fight them."

Must have been nice to evolve under the protection of the Ancients and Asgard (possibly the Furlings too) just to act all high and mighty when younger species don't have that luxury and need to use violence to defend themselves because there is literally no other way (except to accept defeat and death).

Having said that, Lya is so damn adorable!
        sigpic

Comment

There is a new humanoid, playable race called Aturen in the Stargate : Phoenix RPG which is going to be published this year. Maybe we will learn more about the Nox as well.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

In general I liked the Nox, it was interesting to see a race who went to extremes to be protective of their planet and all its differing life forms. Always interesting that we never saw the Nox and Asgard interact especially as they were once allies. I wish the race had been seen more but after the Tollans were wiped out we didn't hear anything from or about the Nox again. After the Tollans were willing to betray so many other civilizations I think that the Nox might have re-examined how they chose who they would interact with and pulled-back those interactions even more.

Comment

Working...
            X