This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgtgary
    I don't hate the Nox, but I don't particularly like them much... It's not the pacifist side of them but rather their seeming-isolationist lives. They don't seem to care much about the Goa'uld stomping around their solar system. I'd bet if the galaxy was getting demolished around them, they would turn invisible and hide in their safe little world. Honestly, they were/are one of the four great races, but evidently only interested in the safety of their world.

However, they are fairly interesting & I'd be interested in seeing more about their lifes and culture.
    This isn't directed at you sgtgary, just using the quote as a jump off point.

1)Hiding is exactly what the Ancients did too, they are just hiding on another plane of existence. Not only that, the enemy that the Ancients left the rest of the universe (humans) to deal with, the Wraith, are far worse/stronger than the Goa'uld. And the Nox may figure if a people are ignorant enough to be dominated by the physically and spiritually parasitic Goa'uld with their message of fear and worship, then you aren't worth saving because you will just go on to bow down to someone or something else in the Goa'uld's stead.

2)If the Asguard hadn't needed some stupid humans to hurl projectiles at the replicators we wouldn't have gotten much help from them either. They were bluffing the Goa'uld and really had no intentions of enforcing the protected planets treaty. As for their help, everything SGC has received from them was out of gratitude for various deeds against the replicators. They didn't help Earth with tech just to aid human development as an end to itself - it was payback.

3)The Nox dont need weapons for defense, you cant hit what you cant see. And even if you think you kill them, they can come back to life. And they can do all that with a wave of a hand or two. That's power.

4)And the Furlings, I dont know but I just want to see THOSE DAMN FURLINGS

Comment

They are good considering the powers that they have, but they are pretty lame and weird.

Comment

The Nox (Season 1) is still one of my favourite episodes of all time. Does anyone know if they'll be coming back in any future episodes?

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

The Nox reappeared in 'Enigma' in Season 1 and 'Pretense' in Season 3. Since then they haven't been seen. Remember they've buried their gate so we can't contact them. Although our relationship with the Nox may have changed in 'Pretense' we haven't contacted them or vise versa. And "The very young do not always do as they are told."
          Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

Since season 9is said to focus on the history of the gatesystem (article on main page). Maybe we'll see them back then.

Comment

They would only come back as side characters, since i doubt the goauld are gonna go after them. hard when ur invisible and untouchable....but the nox dont wanna fight or have anything to do with us lol

Comment

I too would also like to see more of the Nox. But they live in their floating invisible city and houdinied their stargate. If we tried to talk to them, they would probably make our heads disappear or something.

Comment

I dont think wed get far trying to talk to them, how would we? lol

Comment

I feel that the Nox will show up again. Now 6 seasons later we've only met the Nox and Asgard... you'd hope that writers would get with the program and enlighten us more about these other races before the show comes to a complete close. Below the statement I am referring to:

During Season 2, episide 'The Fifth Race' One of the Asgard (thought it was Tho) said:

"There was once an alliance of four great races in the galaxy. The Asgard. The Nox.."
                    "Met them."
                    "...the Furlings..."
                    "Don't know them..."
                    "...and the Ancients, the builders of the Stargates."
                    "The alliance was built over many millennia. Your race has much to prove before they may interact on that level."

Comment

I wonder if the Nox cloaking thing works against the replicators. that would be an interesting story, the Nox are attacked by the replicators, carter figures everything out, then they all go home.

Comment

Thats a good point. You would have thought that the replicators would go for the nox as they are more advanced. I supose the reason would be if they can't see them, they cant find them. But they should have found that out when they probled SG-1's team?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Chicken
                          Thats a good point. You would have thought that the replicators would go for the nox as they are more advanced. I supose the reason would be if they can't see them, they cant find them. But they should have found that out when they probled SG-1's team?

I think we have not seened the last of the NOX and the Giant Aliens. It's just too much story missing out SG1. You know they are going to need our help one day.

Comment

Originally posted by kashi
                            The Nox (Season 1) is still one of my favourite episodes of all time. Does anyone know if they'll be coming back in any future episodes?
                            This is a possible story arc that could be re-visited in Season 9. But as Hanmer said, they buried their gate, so we can't contact them even if we wanted to. But if they ever get the Prometheus over in that neighborhood of the galaxy, I'm sure they could make a stopover to see the Nox again. I'm actually interested in learning what happened to them since we last saw them, but I have a feeling the Nox have been written out of the series completely.

Comment

I always liked the Nox. And they did bring them back a couple of times throughout the seasons but another encounter would most definitely be welcomed.

Comment

The replicators do know everything that Carter knows and the Nox's technology does sound like a tasty buffet.

Comment

Working...
                                X