Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, the Nox weren't lame. They were technology advanced in that they could use their powers to turn things invisible etc but they also used their knowledge to become wiser and felt they didn't need all the 'fancy toys' to do so. They have a big 'floating city' yes, but the family we saw lived in the woods, in touch with nature-one of the most magnificent and complicated things out there...they used their powers for good, not evil and didn't think of themselves as higher than anyone else. They were the 'people's people' IMHO
    Their age showed their power too. Hw old was that man 300? That shows that they were either very evolved, or they knew how to preserve their lives-shows intellectual species

*huffs* The Nox are not lame
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

I love the Nox! They posses some of the most advanced technology ever, but choose to live simple lives. They are in touch with nature. Among other things, they can make things invisible and intangible on a whim, and on top of that revive the dead, all without any noticeable technology. As Arthur C. Clarke said "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Another thing I've noticed is a lot of people complain about how they don't do much and they don't seem impressive; please remember what one of the Nox said "your way is not the only way."

Comment

We don't know if Nox exist on other planets or not. Just because they don't show or speak of space travel, they may have given all that up to get back to nature etc

Comment

The Nox are really quite incredible. They have the ability to revive the dead, and I suspect they do so using some form of energy which requires zero negativity. Hatred, war, and destruction would theoretically interfere with this form of energy. Just my opinion...
          sigpic

Comment

The Nox are one of my favorite people of the galaxy. I understand how people may think they are lame, because it seems like you won't see much action from them, but great actions are made by pacific people.

Personally, I think that they are extremely advanced. They seem to have managed the perfect balance between technology and nature, which I believe we are lacking.
            They are also not devoid of fighting spirit, even Sam said that the limit was thin, but it is there. I think it's great that they don't use their potential power to destroy and govern. It's easy to get drunk with power and they are not. I don't know how they evolved to get there but the results are good.

Oh, and they are definitely advanced because the Tollans didn't call them primitive which is a challenge for them.

Comment

The Nox were awesome! I wish we saw more of them throughout the show...

Comment

I do wonder about different Nox cultures. We know Nox are in touch with nature but what about the different cultures of that race. The one we saw was in the middle of the forest so they made little wood huts. If there were Nox by the beach, would they have simply made sand houses? Are there any Nox civilizations attached with the ocean and would try to make houses of coral underneath the water using their powers to stay alive down there for extended periods of time? Just makes you wonder about the different possible variations.

sigpic
                Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                  I do wonder about different Nox cultures. We know Nox are in touch with nature but what about the different cultures of that race. The one we saw was in the middle of the forest so they made little wood huts. If there were Nox by the beach, would they have simply made sand houses? Are there any Nox civilizations attached with the ocean and would try to make houses of coral underneath the water using their powers to stay alive down there for extended periods of time? Just makes you wonder about the different possible variations.
                  I would like to have found out more about that floating city of theirs.

Comment

I miss the little guy with funny hair, and the rest of the Nox... I was just watching their first encounter...

Comment

Likely whatever they use for there engines if they have any would be good for missiles or as propellant a mean if it can hold up a city

Comment

I'm surprised anyone finds the Nox lame. Isn't that attitude the reason why SG-1 took so long to find out how the Nox really lived?

Comment

Exactly
                          Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

I will admit that I found them a little lame at first. But then I saw what they could DO and my feelings changed.

My first feelings about their 'lameness' came mainly from the costumes and hair design. They look like a bunch of hippies, not like one of the 4 Great Races. Plus, every time I looked at their leader, I had to consciously remind myself that it was NOT Quark from DS9!

I would have loved to have seen their city a lot closer!
                            Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

At first I wasn't very fond of the Nox, specifically in terms of design. But by season three I thought Lya, being the only Nox we see after their debut episode, was given a subtle improvement. I also like how in "Pretense" Lya took a defensive role, showing the Nox aren't afraid to get their hands a little dirty when it came to protecting their friends and innocents. No, she wasn't willing to kill, or even harm necessarily, but we discovered Lya and the Nox are willing to fight back in a way while maintaining their pacifistic philosophy. I never had too much of a problem with their philosophy.

Now I'm still in season three, but I don't recall seeing the Nox again in the rest of SG-1's run. Am I correct? If so, that's too bad seeing a I really enjoyed the Nox.

Comment

Yes we never saw them again I think that was bad choice I enjoyed them
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X