Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While we're at it, both the Nox and the Ancients seem to posses similar healing powers ...

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Nox were an evolution of Ancients who remained on Earth? They are very advanced technologically, but also philosophically ....

Comment

I'd love to learn much more about the alliance of the four great races. We really know so little about the Ancients, the Nox, and the Furlings. There are so many subjects that could be touched on in season nine and then also in a season ten! I mean... we know absolutely nothing about the Furlings. We've only seen a little bit about the Nox... they could definitly expand on them. Then we have the ancients. We only know enough to get us interested. The writers throw us a bone here or there to increase our curiousity. Then we already know alot about the Asgard, but they have not yet talked about that early asgard person that was found in season 5's Revelations. Anyway I just can't wait to see what comes of season 9! Hopefully some of these subjects and questions will be answered.

Comment

Gotta just love the idea of exploring the 5 races that made up the alliance. Also I would like to see some progress made in helping the Asgard with their most formidable problem-procreation. The whole fading clone thing is just so sad but how to have them procreate via some sort of sexual means when they seem to have dismantled that part of their genome ?
        Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

Originally posted by ruach
          Gotta just love the idea of exploring the 5 races that made up the alliance. Also I would like to see some progress made in helping the Asgard with their most formidable problem-procreation. The whole fading clone thing is just so sad but how to have them procreate via some sort of sexual means when they seem to have dismantled that part of their genome ?
          lol
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

The Nox's gate was buried which means that
            Spoiler for Reckoning pt. 2 (hi lite bee lo to read):
            if the Replicators had invaded them, the Ancient weapons wouldn't have gotten through.

Comment

Originally posted by kashi
              The Nox (Season 1) is still one of my favourite episodes of all time. Does anyone know if they'll be coming back in any future episodes?
              I hear they may be starting their own lilne of hair-care products. *S*

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr_Thor
                I'd love to learn much more about the alliance of the four great races. We really know so little about the Ancients, the Nox, and the Furlings. There are so many subjects that could be touched on in season nine and then also in a season ten! I mean... we know absolutely nothing about the Furlings. We've only seen a little bit about the Nox... they could definitly expand on them. Then we have the ancients. We only know enough to get us interested. The writers throw us a bone here or there to increase our curiousity. Then we already know alot about the Asgard, but they have not yet talked about that early asgard person that was found in season 5's Revelations. Anyway I just can't wait to see what comes of season 9! Hopefully some of these subjects and questions will be answered.
                I totally agree. My favourite episodes are the ones that explore Earth's relationship with the friendly advanced races...Asguard, Nox, Ancient etc. One of my favourite episodes was the one in season 1 or 2 where SG-1 finds an ancient meeting place on the edge of a cliff with the single human inhabitant from Earth. It would be very cool to learn more about the Nox and the Furlings.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

I just found this wikipedia link for the Nox: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nox_(Stargate)

Also, when going through the Avatars I was reminded of Lotan, and the race of sulphar based life forms in Scorched Earth (4.09). And let's not forget the strange star trek like life forms in Prometheus Unbound. There's so much potential to develop the plot by reintroducing these races to give them a more significant role.

It is for this reason that I'd be very annoyed if season 9 was the last season.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

I've been trying to find the gate address symbols for the Nox homeworld, to no avail. If anyone could assist, my wife would be extremely grateful.

Danke!

Aaron

Comment

I don't know if they were ever shown, though the planet's SGC designation is P3X-774.

I've looked, but i can't find its point of origin either.

edit: i just checked my season one DVD, they're not shown in The Nox or Enigma (though they're almost shown in enigma, if it wasn't at night i'd be able to make it out on daniel's notepad.)
                      Last edited by DigiEmissary; 18 April 2005, 03:08 PM.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Colonel speaking, welcome to ... P3X-niner-eight-niner ... where it's a balmy ... room temperature."

Comment

They have buried their gate now, but I guess we could locate their planet...and pop in and tell them to be our friends. Any particular reason you are wanting to know it so bad?
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, in "Shades of Grey" it was implied that there was limited contact with the Nox.

Comment

scorpio, pegasus, cetus, equuleus, andromeda, centaurus, point of origin.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                            - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by Panther
                              scorpio, pegasus, cetus, equuleus, andromeda, centaurus, point of origin.
                              + PoO, in other words.

Where'd you find it?

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Colonel speaking, welcome to ... P3X-niner-eight-niner ... where it's a balmy ... room temperature."

Comment

A childish SG magazine I bought a coupla months ago.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                                - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Working...
                                X