X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bragi
    Why's that?

They have great defensive abilities... the cloaking... the healing ritual.... but have we really seen anything that could be used as an offensive weapon?
    What I meant is that if they have all of that, I'm sure they at least have some pretty good knowledge of offensive weapons. I'm sure they could become quite formidable if they really wanted to. Problem is, they don't.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

^^^^^^^^

You'd think that.

You'd also think the Ancients would clean up their own mess.

You'd think a lot of things that make sense.

Comment

well see thats one thing that strikes me as odd... the nox where apart of the old alliance that would mean they had to at least have some sense of exploring or quest for advancement right? i mean if they where always that passive why would they have even bothered with the ancient alliance to begin with right? Soo what changed that they desided to become this super passive race and stay on there own planet and not care about what happens in the galaxy? do the asgard still keep in touch with them? do they know what happend to the furlings? we have ships now I think we sould revisit the nox homeworld and try and find out some of these questions. just the sight of there floating city suggests they do still contain alot of technology and I wouldnt be surprised if they where even more advanced then the asgard.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Heh, what if the Nox are the parent race that the Alterans and Ori descended from?

They seem to have ALL of the ancient super powers and flying cities but are total hippies. Its like when my beatnik parents had one religous fundamentalist for a kid and one liberal democratic kid. They didnt pick a side and are off doing their own thingin line with their beliefs.

Comment

When I saw that title I had to think: "We are the Nox. Lower your shields and prepare to be boarded. Resistance if futile".

Comment

What if the Nox were offensive at one time and made a huge mistake that resulted in the wiping out of the Furlings. That kind of xenocide might make you want to just crawl into a hole.

Comment

towards kymeric

i doubt that because that would mean that the nox are way older than the ancients and that doesnt make any sence if you consider how old the ancients are and how advanced the nox would have had to be to do that in the first place...

i also dont think that the nox are more advanced than the asgard or at least not with ships because if you think about it the asgard have had alot of wars to push thier technology to the limits and consider how much older they are then the nox using cloning... thor is probably thousands of years old were the nox only live 300 years

Comment

They are too busy trying to get the knots out of their hair to take part in anything useful.
                  Those who live with no fear inevitably lead boring lives, for fear is the element within our hearts that breathes excitement into our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by RiderMayBail
                    They are too busy trying to get the knots out of their hair to take part in anything useful.
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by enemy of your enemy
                      why do we need more stargates?...
                      It is for strategic and resource (value) reasons. Most of the galaxy is not gated, for earth to have that ability will give earth a huge advantage.

Imagine someone found a resource rich planet, it is not prudent to send starships to mine it. Pop a stargate on it; resource management and resource transfer is quick and easy. Add in the stargate anonymous tech (for dialing) that Baal's Gouald friend developed (assuming earth could duplicate that) and put an Iris for the gate for protection and cloak.

It can also be used to colonise habitable planets from overpopulated planets (earth...).
                      New Colonies means new potential for more population (taxes, recruitments, etc...) and more industrial potential as well.

Comment

The Nox are extremely pacifist. Even if/when the Ori invade the MW, I really doubt the Nox would help, at least in a military way. They are pacifist to the extreme that they will not fight even to defend themselves. I doubt they will establish any relations with the Ori either, because even though the Ori are technologically advanced, they are not spiritually "enlightened". Sure, they are ascended, but enlightenment means a lot more than just ascension. The Ancients achieved enlightenment through ascension, because they ascended in order to gain a better understanding of the universe and because they wanted to find enlightenment, whereas the Ori ascended because they felt they deserved to be worshhipped. While the Ori are technologically and physcially advanced, spiritually they are very primitive. However, that said...I think it would be interesting if they brought the Nox back for an episode, for them to help in finding a noviolent solution to an Ori problem. Though, there are Nox that are willing to walk a fine line (like Lya, when she hid the ion cannon from the Goa'uld - "I merely hid the weapon, I did not fire it."). I'm sure the Nox would view the Ori as "young" the same way they did with us...because even though they are ascended, their actions are very much like the more militant factions of the US government. Remember what Lya said to Daniel..."Your race has learned nothing...but you have."

Comment

Definately the Nox are smokin da ganja. If they ever stopped and took a look at what was happening around the galaxy they might help out.

As for the Nox being less advanced than the Asgard..... that's debatable. Maybe the Nox get more done in their 300 years than the Asgard do in 1000s? Maybe the Asgard are just galatic dumbasses compared to the Nox.... and the Nox are having a good laugh at them (Lya: $20 that the Ori kick the Asgards ass and we have to save them again .... ancient alliance my ass ... it was more like the NOX came to save everyone).

If they only stopped the reefer though ...

Sushiman

Comment

they really need to be brought back in for some more episodes. I'm sure they could help us defend ourselves at least.
                            BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!
                            Also bring back Jack and get rid of that other guy whatever his name is.

Comment

i think the nox should have helped, they could have jumped in, clocked there ships, (because they seam real good at clocking stuff ) and helped against the ori ships
                              Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                              (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

the nox dont care... they wont interfare...
                                they would prefare to die than harm other beings..

Comment

Working...
                                X