This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panther
    A childish SG magazine I bought a coupla months ago.
    Nice. Anything else not on http://rdanderson.com/stargate/glyphs/glyphs.htm ?

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Colonel speaking, welcome to ... P3X-niner-eight-niner ... where it's a balmy ... room temperature."

Comment

I only bought the first two issues, and you only get one address an issue.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
      - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

I only bought the first two issues, and you only get one address an issue.
        Ah, the marketing department.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Colonel speaking, welcome to ... P3X-niner-eight-niner ... where it's a balmy ... room temperature."

Comment

Bah, you should read the "mission reports". They read like bad fanfic.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"

Comment

Bah, you should read the "mission reports". They read like bad fanfic.
            Well, none of the ones the barber channelled from o'neill got picked up by a publisher...

Comment

Yes, but I do recall, there was a joke about how O'Neill like to use "proper language" when writing up his mission reports.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiEmissary
                + PoO, in other words.

Where'd you find it?

Comment

Planning a trip? I always liked weekend getaways to Tolana before the Go'uld wiped it out. Nice beaches.*

(Trying, really, really hard to sound like O'Neil)

Originally posted by martyrcomplex
                  I've been trying to find the gate address symbols for the Nox homeworld, to no avail. If anyone could assist, my wife would be extremely grateful.

Danke!

Aaron
                  "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by hallmjo
                    They have buried their gate now, but I guess we could locate their planet...and pop in and tell them to be our friends. Any particular reason you are wanting to know it so bad?
                    My wife's favorite episode was the one that introduced the Nox, and anytime the Nox appeared in subsequent episodes she completely tweaked (in a good way). So, she wants to get the gate address tattooed somewhere on her body, probably as a wrap-around either around her wrist or ankle. I've been trying to find the address to surprise her with a trip to the tattoo shop but I have yet to find it by scouring online resources or stop-framing the DVDs.

I even went so far as to rip the episode to my PC and run gamma/contrast correction on it to brighten the scene, still to no avail, dangit.

Maeve (my wife) despised scifi before I bought her season one on DVD. Now she's a junkie - has all current Stargate seasons on DVD, has the first 3 seasons of Farscape, and just started ordering all the Lexx episodes she could find online. Friday nights at my house are spent firmly entrenched in front of the TV watching scifi now. I'm almost afraid to take her to a con... it might kill her

Aaron
                    http://www.myspace.com/martyrcomplex

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their assistance. I just phoned Maeve to tell her we'd found it, and she squeeled loud enough for the people on the bus to all turn and stare at her. Luckily, it's Seattle Metro Transit, so staring at weirdos on the bus is pretty common. Cute little purple-haired genetic researchers, however, aren't as common (unfortunately)....

Danke!

Aaron
                      http://www.myspace.com/martyrcomplex

Comment

actually it was the same as abydos if i remember, the magazine made that up.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'd STRONGLY recommend that you CONFIRM that it is correct. I mean, you don't want to have her accidently put the gate address to the Hell planet now do you?

Originally posted by martyrcomplex
                          So, she wants to get the gate address tattooed somewhere on her body, probably as a wrap-around either around her wrist or ankle.
                          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            actually it was the same as abydos if i remember, the magazine made that up.
                            It's not the same as abydos. check the site i posted above.

It's possible that it was made up, but no other address was ever shown.

Comment

ill check the dvd!
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

i might have missed an episode or somthing but what the hell happened to the nox?!?!? i mean i know they are peacefull and stuff but c'mon even the ascended ancients helped?!?! can't the nox?

the nox do have huge floating citys and stuff and ships but are they capable of space travel? does anyone know? (i have the feeling i missed a important episode, i just know it)

Comment

Working...
                                X