Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bring back the Nox

Thats a good point. You would have thought that the replicators would go for the nox as they are more advanced. I supose the reason would be if they can't see them, they cant find them. But they should have found that out when they probled SG-1's team?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Chicken
    Thats a good point. You would have thought that the replicators would go for the nox as they are more advanced. I supose the reason would be if they can't see them, they cant find them. But they should have found that out when they probled SG-1's team?

I think we have not seened the last of the NOX and the Giant Aliens. It's just too much story missing out SG1. You know they are going to need our help one day.

Stargate: Horizon Concept Artist TechnoWraith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kashi
    The Nox (Season 1) is still one of my favourite episodes of all time. Does anyone know if they'll be coming back in any future episodes?
    This is a possible story arc that could be re-visited in Season 9. But as Hanmer said, they buried their gate, so we can't contact them even if we wanted to. But if they ever get the Prometheus over in that neighborhood of the galaxy, I'm sure they could make a stopover to see the Nox again. I'm actually interested in learning what happened to them since we last saw them, but I have a feeling the Nox have been written out of the series completely.

I always liked the Nox. And they did bring them back a couple of times throughout the seasons but another encounter would most definitely be welcomed.

The replicators do know everything that Carter knows and the Nox's technology does sound like a tasty buffet.

Staff Sergeant

While we're at it, both the Nox and the Ancients seem to posses similar healing powers ...

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Nox were an evolution of Ancients who remained on Earth? They are very advanced technologically, but also philosophically ....

Chief Master Sergeant Cmdr_Thor's Avatar

I'd love to learn much more about the alliance of the four great races. We really know so little about the Ancients, the Nox, and the Furlings. There are so many subjects that could be touched on in season nine and then also in a season ten! I mean... we know absolutely nothing about the Furlings. We've only seen a little bit about the Nox... they could definitly expand on them. Then we have the ancients. We only know enough to get us interested. The writers throw us a bone here or there to increase our curiousity. Then we already know alot about the Asgard, but they have not yet talked about that early asgard person that was found in season 5's Revelations. Anyway I just can't wait to see what comes of season 9! Hopefully some of these subjects and questions will be answered.

Gotta just love the idea of exploring the 5 races that made up the alliance. Also I would like to see some progress made in helping the Asgard with their most formidable problem-procreation. The whole fading clone thing is just so sad but how to have them procreate via some sort of sexual means when they seem to have dismantled that part of their genome ?

Quote Originally Posted by ruach
    Gotta just love the idea of exploring the 5 races that made up the alliance. Also I would like to see some progress made in helping the Asgard with their most formidable problem-procreation. The whole fading clone thing is just so sad but how to have them procreate via some sort of sexual means when they seem to have dismantled that part of their genome ?
    lol
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

The Nox's gate was buried which means that
    Spoiler for Reckoning pt. 2 (hi lite bee lo to read):
    if the Replicators had invaded them, the Ancient weapons wouldn't have gotten through.

Quote Originally Posted by kashi
    The Nox (Season 1) is still one of my favourite episodes of all time. Does anyone know if they'll be coming back in any future episodes?
    I hear they may be starting their own lilne of hair-care products. *S*

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr_Thor
    I'd love to learn much more about the alliance of the four great races. We really know so little about the Ancients, the Nox, and the Furlings. There are so many subjects that could be touched on in season nine and then also in a season ten! I mean... we know absolutely nothing about the Furlings. We've only seen a little bit about the Nox... they could definitly expand on them. Then we have the ancients. We only know enough to get us interested. The writers throw us a bone here or there to increase our curiousity. Then we already know alot about the Asgard, but they have not yet talked about that early asgard person that was found in season 5's Revelations. Anyway I just can't wait to see what comes of season 9! Hopefully some of these subjects and questions will be answered.
    I totally agree. My favourite episodes are the ones that explore Earth's relationship with the friendly advanced races...Asguard, Nox, Ancient etc. One of my favourite episodes was the one in season 1 or 2 where SG-1 finds an ancient meeting place on the edge of a cliff with the single human inhabitant from Earth. It would be very cool to learn more about the Nox and the Furlings.

I just found this wikipedia link for the Nox: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nox_(Stargate)

Also, when going through the Avatars I was reminded of Lotan, and the race of sulphar based life forms in Scorched Earth (4.09). And let's not forget the strange star trek like life forms in Prometheus Unbound. There's so much potential to develop the plot by reintroducing these races to give them a more significant role.

It is for this reason that I'd be very annoyed if season 9 was the last season.

Default Nox homeworld gate address?

I've been trying to find the gate address symbols for the Nox homeworld, to no avail. If anyone could assist, my wife would be extremely grateful.

Danke!

Aaron

Default Re: Nox homeworld gate address?

I don't know if they were ever shown, though the planet's SGC designation is P3X-774.

I've looked, but i can't find its point of origin either.

edit: i just checked my season one DVD, they're not shown in The Nox or Enigma (though they're almost shown in enigma, if it wasn't at night i'd be able to make it out on daniel's notepad.)
    Last edited by DigiEmissary; April 18th, 2005 at 04:08 PM.
    http://home.maine.rr.com/thepedros/alliancesig.jpg
    "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Colonel speaking, welcome to ... P3X-niner-eight-niner ... where it's a balmy ... room temperature."

They have buried their gate now, but I guess we could locate their planet...and pop in and tell them to be our friends. Any particular reason you are wanting to know it so bad?

Well, in "Shades of Grey" it was implied that there was limited contact with the Nox.

scorpio, pegasus, cetus, equuleus, andromeda, centaurus, point of origin.
    http://www.sas.jolt.co.uk/Panther/PantherSig.jpg

http://70.85.169.212/3614/84/upload/p1493782.jpg

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
    - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    scorpio, pegasus, cetus, equuleus, andromeda, centaurus, point of origin.
    + PoO, in other words.

Where'd you find it?
    http://home.maine.rr.com/thepedros/alliancesig.jpg
    "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Colonel speaking, welcome to ... P3X-niner-eight-niner ... where it's a balmy ... room temperature."

A childish SG magazine I bought a coupla months ago.
    http://www.sas.jolt.co.uk/Panther/PantherSig.jpg

http://70.85.169.212/3614/84/upload/p1493782.jpg

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
    - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".