This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate Nox Discussion Thread.

Hey, I know I might piss some peeps off by saying this, but I really think the Nox are lame. They are supposedly one of the four great races, but yet, they really do not impress me. So they have ONE floating city (from what we have seen, it's possible, I admit, that they might have other cities) on their pathetic little forest planet. So? Compared to the Ancients and Asgard, hell, even the Goa'uld and Tok'ra, the Nox are unimpressive.

I know, I know...they have cool powers and are in touch with nature...but so what? I really think they are lame and don't have much respect for them.

Am I crazy? Is it just me, or does anyone else feel similar to me out there? Sorry for coming across negative, but they really are my least favourite aliens on Stargate.

We haven't seen much of the Nox being the Nox. What do we have? We have the episode where we meet them. Then we have Pretense, which wasn't really about them at all. We also have Enigma, but again, that was them more less making a cameo. Otherwise, I'd say we don't know enough about the Nox to judge yet.

People (me too!) idolize the Furlings, yet we've seen a few skeletons and the remains of a city. Don't judge on solely an episode and a few cameos.
    Last edited by TheHomegaMan; 02 November 2004, 12:48 PM. Reason: A shameless way to avoid doing a paper for class
    Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

I don't dislike the Nox, but they are not among my favorite characters.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
        Hey, I know I might piss some peeps off by saying this, but I really think the Nox are lame. They are supposedly one of the four great races, but yet, they really do not impress me. So they have ONE floating city (from what we have seen, it's possible, I admit, that they might have other cities) on their pathetic little forest planet. So? Compared to the Ancients and Asgard, hell, even the Goa'uld and Tok'ra, the Nox are unimpressive.

I know, I know...they have cool powers and are in touch with nature...but so what? I really think they are lame and don't have much respect for them.

Am I crazy? Is it just me, or does anyone else feel similar to me out there? Sorry for coming across negative, but they really are my least favourite aliens on Stargate.
        i agree i hate the noxs

Comment

The Nox suck. They are on my "horrible characters list". Now, the Furlings. Entirely different story. Words cannot descrive my life for them!!

Comment

What does the Furlings have to do with the Nox?
            I dislike the Nox for only one reason: they are majorly pacifist.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
            Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
            "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
            My deviantART profile

Comment

I like them ... we haven't seen them a lot so we don't know what they are able to, ... The city, we just saw it from a distant point of view ... so they are "nature friendly", is it bad ? no, it's like the genii, they live on their way to protect themselves.
              We only saw the pic of the iceberg concerning this race, so if the producers could give them a chance, I think it could be very good, the same with the furlings !
              Gilles
              http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
              Ben Browder interview
              Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Spoiler:
                S
                p
                o
                i
                l
                m
                e
                b
                a
                d
                b
                a
                b
                e

I hear from the great grape vine that is, the Nox are gonna be wiped out by a "New Mr. Bad"

Happy days, though I would recomend a session at Toni & Guys for our little Folically challanged alien friends.

Sy~
                A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
                "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
                "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

I dont believe that the skeletons we saw were of the Furlings. I think maybe that was possibly something they created to protect a people. Somewhat similiar to how the Asgard have protected planets. Becuase if you think of it, how could one of the 4 great races be destroyed by the Goa'ould? I believe them to be the giant mist monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan
                    We haven't seen much of the Nox being the Nox. What do we have? We have the episode where we meet them. Then we have Pretense, which wasn't really about them at all. We also have Enigma, but again, that was them more less making a cameo. Otherwise, I'd say we don't know enough about the Nox to judge yet.

People (me too!) idolize the Furlings, yet we've seen a few skeletons and the remains of a city. Don't judge on solely an episode and a few cameos.
                    I know, you're right. I'm sorry, but...based on what I have seen, they just don't impress me much. Sorry

Also, I don't think the skeletons were of actual Furlings...they appeared to be human with skeletal goa'ulds.

Comment

I like them because it's a nice change from what we would expect from the four great races. I mean, if every powerful race we were introduced to had big guns and big flashy technology then there wouldn't be any variation.

I think the other races we've seen such as the Asgard, Goa'uld, Tollan and many others have enough flashy things that it's okay for the Nox to be simple. Sure they have the power to do a lot of things (in one episode Lya opens the Stargate either with a wrist device or by waving her arms) but they have decided that they don't want technology to rules their lives.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Well perhaps when one reaches a certain stage of 'advancement' you point of view shifts, so that no matter what your particular niche is (forest-hippies or techno-clones) you can recognise others that are as advanced as you. Maybe 'advancement' isn't something the Alliance members evaluated by the size of ones ships, or armements, but something else entirely that a lesser race like us can't understand yet...

Or maybe Im just being a spaced-out neo-hippie...
                        [email protected]
                        http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                        One nation under dog
                        There of which I stand alone
                        A face in the crowd
                        Unsung, against the mold
                        Without a doubt
                        Singled out
                        The only way I know

Comment

Principley a perpectual bad hair day by all Nox make them kinda ridiculous.

Comment

well, i agree that the hair is kinda weird, but other than that, how can you hate the nox? i mean, theyre awesome!
                            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                              I don't hate the Nox, but I don't particularly like them much... It's not the pacifist side of them but rather their seeming-isolationist lives. They don't seem to care much about the Goa'uld stomping around their solar system. I'd bet if the galaxy was getting demolished around them, they would turn invisible and hide in their safe little world. Honestly, they were/are one of the four great races, but evidently only interested in the safety of their world.

However, they are fairly interesting & I'd be interested in seeing more about their lifes and culture.
                              A top-secret government program involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a stargate. (Marty)
                              Sounds like a good idea for a TV show - if you're into that sort of thing. (O'Neill)

Comment

Working...
                              X