This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retu blaster and other weapons

I was watching the episode on Sci Fi about the Retu, and the blasters they use are seriously powerful, they bascially leave a Zat, staff weapon, or P90for dead. I wonder why the SGC never tried to get their hands on one. I realise they are out of phase and all that, but I am sure they could find a way. This got me thinking what other weapons we have neglected to follow through on? Any ideas?

I've never seen a good picture of one of the Retu to see their weapon.

I think it'd be neat if the Retu blaster wasn't a weapon so much as it was a natural function of the Retu physiology, kind of like the big bug things in Starship Troopers.

Comment

Indeed. Capturing some Re'tu blasters would have been awesome. Though I can't help but think they're not very energy efficient...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        I've never seen a good picture of one of the Retu to see their weapon.

I think it'd be neat if the Retu blaster wasn't a weapon so much as it was a natural function of the Retu physiology, kind of like the big bug things in Starship Troopers.
        If that's the case we should have done everything to have an alliance with them. They could have done our enemies a serious amount of damage. Being invisible to has a slight advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
          Indeed. Capturing some Re'tu blasters would have been awesome. Though I can't help but think they're not very energy efficient...
          Why do you think that?

Comment

Didn't the Tok'ra give us somthing like that? But anyway I am sure that they aren't very good at long range.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
              Why do you think that?
              Because the amount of energy expended with each shot has been demonstrated to cause extensive destruction to even architecture. But without any evidence that the Re'tu weapons have "unlimited" energy/ammunition the amount of energy used up to kill just one person is wasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
                Didn't the Tok'ra give us somthing like that? But anyway I am sure that they aren't very good at long range.
                T.E.R.s?

Comment

Because the amount of energy expended with each shot has been demonstrated to cause extensive destruction to even architecture. But without any evidence that the Re'tu weapons have "unlimited" energy/ammunition the amount of energy used up to kill just one person is wasteful.
                  But we don't that, they could be very energy efficient weapons. I doubt that it would have unlimited energy/ammunition (no such thing). They are just a very powerful weapon that need further investigating.

Comment

Weren't the TER's designed to find the Retu and kill them only, because them being out of phase and all, they possibly wouldn't have any effect on us or anything in our phase.

Comment

i like the tollan weapons, not to mention, where the frak are all the ancient weapons gone, weve seen them in the aurora episode of atlantis, so why isnt there any in atlantis, even if there wasnt any left by the ancients, the asurans will have had left some after the return!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                      Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                      SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
                        i like the tollan weapons, not to mention, where the frak are all the ancient weapons gone, weve seen them in the aurora episode of atlantis, so why isnt there any in atlantis, even if there wasnt any left by the ancients, the asurans will have had left some after the return!
                        Good question about the ancient blasters. Didn't the Tollan weapon faild against Anubis's shields?

Comment

It`s only because they were shown only in few numbers. If there`s a truth you can get from sg, actually from almost every show/movie is that powerful enemies when in big numbers have their weapons weakened, or just act dumb, or both.

That was the case with the Jaffa... in s01e01 2 staff weapon shot were able to open a hole on that VERY large wall, it because they were "kinda new" I mean, first episode.
                          Over time... we even see staff weapons being shot against thin walls and just leaving "black marks"...

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                            Weren't the TER's designed to find the Retu and kill them only, because them being out of phase and all, they possibly wouldn't have any effect on us or anything in our phase.
                            Well the Retu are actual, physical beings. The only thing special about them is that they're invisible. We're using "phase" in two different ways. The Retu could interact with SGC equipment so they were solid to us. They were just invisible.

It's like the phase cloak from the TNG episode "The Pegasus". Pegasus was using a phasing cloak that allowed the ship to be not only invisible, but also move through solid matter.

The Retu are out of phase, but not "out of phase" like the Pegasus experimental cloaking device. They're invisible, but not intangible.

Comment

I think Retu weapons are mainly used for close range as it's pretty easy to put a gun to some1s chest and fire when they can't actually see you in the first place... It's abit like Zats and Staffs are better than P90s for firepower but are rather clumbsy in comparison... don't get why earth doesn't make it's own stuff now they have so many ships and a databank full of asgard knowledge... even makes it just by asking, lol

Good point about Alantis... Where are there guns... even when the replicaters took over they had those weapons with them an they should be made out of ordinary materials so they wouldn't have disolved...

Comment

Working...
                              X