HELP WANTED: Screenshot Grabbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP WANTED: Screenshot Grabbers

Hello, forum! GateWorld needs your help! Again!

We need at least one or two dedicated souls to hammer out Atlantis Season Five on DVD. You will need ...

-Physical DVDs of the season -- no ripped copies, please
    -PowerDVD8 OR a program which will allow you to render screenshots at 1024x576 resolution
    -A reasonably fast computer and Internet connection to upload to our FTP

Using PowerDVD, you can watch your favorite episode and just click the "C" button when you see a nicely framed shot.

Please reply to this post or PM me if you are interested, and we will go from there. Thanks for helping make GateWorld more than ever your complete guide to Stargate!

Episodes 5-8: Krisz
    Episodes 9-12: Rosehawk
    Episodes 13-16: Admiral Q O
    Episodes 17-20: DJgirl
    Last edited by David; 15 July 2009, 08:35 PM.

Thanks, David!

Everyone, the emphasis on this plan is that with WinDVD, Coppermine, and YOUR help, we think we can do this relatively quickly and painlessly. It's really as simple as watching one season of SG-1 or Atlantis over the course of a month on your computer, clicking once every few seconds, and hitting "Save" when you are done.

You'll then upload by FTP and import into the photo gallery application. We're not sure yet, but we may even end up doing this last step for you.

This is going to be part of a brand new section of the site, one which we are very excited about (in part because it will significantly streamline our photo editing and uploading process)! Stay tuned for more.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'm willing to volunteer - I have Seasons 1-3 of SGA on DVD to cap from so could do one of those.
      sigpic

Comment

Pick the season you want to do most and I'll put you down!

Comment

I could of helped with all of SG-1 (seasons 1-10) however, I got ripped off on my DVDs. They were fake so I had to send them back and file a PayPal dispute! *sigh*

If I manage to afford more, any ideas on how I would do this on a Mac? Cannot run Windows programs. I would be more than happy if I could get them again. I will look into it.
          Jack: "Teal'c, look scary and take lead."
          Jack: (to a nurse with a needle) "Listen, really jam it in this time, okay!"
          Sheppard: The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns... we fight them too. Entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagens. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in.

Comment

Originally posted by ::Lisa:: View Post
            I could of helped with all of SG-1 (seasons 1-10) however, I got ripped off on my DVDs. They were fake so I had to send them back and file a PayPal dispute! *sigh*

If I manage to afford more, any ideas on how I would do this on a Mac? Cannot run Windows programs. I would be more than happy if I could get them again. I will look into it.
            Hmm ... We really must encourage the use of WinDVD for ease of screen-capping and, more importantly, standardization purposes. I do appreciate you offering to help, though!

Sorry about your troubles. 90% of the time online buying is a great way to go.

Then there's always that 10% ...

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              Pick the season you want to do most and I'll put you down!
              I'll go with Season 1 SGA - I quite fancy a nostalgic retrospection.

I think I have WinDVD - I'll check and if I haven't I'll take you up on your offer of providing the programme.
              sigpic

Comment

I've put you down!
                Last edited by David; 29 May 2008, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  I've put you down!
                  Ack! That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Did I really deserve the death sentence?!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm happy to give this a go, got a bit of time on my hands due to being 'in between' jobs at the moment so might as well make myself useful!

I'll take Season 8 of SG-1 to screencap.

I'll need WinDVD 7 as I've only got WinDVD 5, and some advice about uploading but you said you may do all that so it's all good.

Comment

Season Eight is yours!

Not to worry, I will provide you with complete instructions.

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                      Ack! That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Did I really deserve the death sentence?!
                      I've been seeing anger management. Not enough I guess

j/k

Comment

Reporting for Duty!

Since I am one of few Jonas fans (the Q in my name stands for Quinn) I volunteer to take Season 6. Let me know and I will start ASAP. PM with details of where and how to send files. Thanks.

P.S. I assume you prefer .jpg to .bmp
                        Last edited by Admiral Q O; 29 May 2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I am willing to do Season 7 of SG-1.

I need to cap and edit that season for myself anyways.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

i volunteer to look at the pics once there done

this sounds like a cool project wish i could help more
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'll help by capping Season 4 SG-1. I already have WinDVD 7. Good question by Admiral Q, which format did you want jpg or bmp?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X