This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-used special effects and sound effects

How many times have you been watching an episode of Stargate and noticed an effect that was used in other episodes for something completely different (like when in Star Trek Generations when the Duras sisters bird of prey is blown up it is the same ship blowing up in Star Trek VI Undiscovered Country, General Changs bird of prey...)

From Stargate SG1 ep Full Circle when Anubis fires his super weapon at the system lords fleet, the orange lightening effect has the same sound as when the Wraith darts scoop someone up.

Anyone for any more ?????????
    I WILL KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND

Originally posted by Palantir71 View Post
    How many times have you been watching an episode of Stargate and noticed an effect that was used in other episodes for something completely different (like when in Star Trek Generations when the Duras sisters bird of prey is blown up it is the same ship blowing up in Star Trek VI Undiscovered Country, General Changs bird of prey...)

From Stargate SG1 ep Full Circle when Anubis fires his super weapon at the system lords fleet, the orange lightening effect has the same sound as when the Wraith darts scoop someone up.

Anyone for any more ?????????
    well i love noticing the star wars references
    "well the old man better be right, or weve got a real short ride"
    also the one where the fly inside a gouald mothership looks very similar to the second death star attack.
    sigpic
    The 11th Doctor. Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Comment

When prommie gets stolen and is leaving the ground (s6), its the same effect as memoto (s7) except with a diffirent ground

Go Green

Comment

when the ships travel in hyper space its usually the same secvens.
        sigpic

Comment

The sound in "The Fifth Race" when that Ancient stuff is being 'beamed' out of Jacks fron() is the same as Ori weaponsfire (which makes me wonder: OH MY GOD: IT WAS AN ORI INSIDE OF AN ASGARD CLONED BODY
          "Don't call us, we'll call you"

--

sigpic

Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          Favorite Stargate Quote:

For the record, I hate you.
          Well, it can't get any worse, then, can it?
          Oh, no. I'm rapidly working up to despise.
          Spoiler:
          Everyone: "Go Metric"
          Proud Member Of The Bunny Cult
          (\/)
          (oo)
          (")(")

Comment

There was a lot of stock footage early on. I remember at some point they were dialing some planet (not Abydos) and they showed a close up of the dialing computer which was clearing a clip from Children of the Gods as it was the address to Abydos that it was dialing lol. I think I also remember later in the same dialing sequence the symbols changing (could be wrong about that one though).

Comment

Same stock footage used in The Storm was used in Critical Mass (jumper flying toward the mainland). Also same stock footage from Childhoods End was used in Condemned (jumper flying over lake with forest around it).
              Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

A lot of footage of ships seems to be re-used. The two hives destroying each other has been used in about 3 different episodes I think.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, iv got two examples, one from each show, ill do the Atlantis example first because the SG-1 example is more a see it and believe it then a explaining it.. Also the Atlantis one is in spoilers.. Just incase..

Atlantis.)
                  Spoiler:
                  From 'Echoes', when the Deadalus is flying towards the sun to block the rays is the same as in 'The Intruder', they just cut it off before you see the F-302

SG-1.) Go to the ompnipedia, go to planets, go to 'P' then click, 'P3R-636', look at the picture closely, then click 'P3S-114', 636 is one above 114 just to make the comparison easier.. its the same damn planet/location..

Also.. is Vancouver a nice place to go? i need to get the hell away from England for abit R+R.. mebes a nice camping holiday.. anyone know?

Comment

Ya vancouer is nice
                    This isn't Atlantis?
                    I don't think so.
                    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

In SG-1 episode 416 The Light. the sounds used when using the lights controls to shut it off are the same sounds used when buttons are pressed on Atlantis.

Comment

All the Kawooshes. Not many new ones.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                        X