Apollo has four F-302 bays??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo has four F-302 bays??

Ok look at his picture, i know its from a mesh making site but this is a screenie from a episode..

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/gallery/...php?photo=2438

Does it have 4 docking bays?
    Last edited by Kris_x-303; 27 May 2008, 02:42 AM.

Its always been like the with the 304's, i always wonder what the two small looking bays next to the 302 bays are?

Comment

I always wondered that too.. perhaps an emergency return bay?

Comment

Originally posted by Kris_x-303 View Post
        i know its from a mesh making site but this is a screenie from a episode..
        No it isn't, here's the original gallery page: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/gallery/...php/photo/2438 the description reads "As i mentioned before here is another screencap from our Stargate fan film Fall of the Dauntless.", however it does look quite accurate. I'm pretty sure the smaller ones are hyperdrives as when entering a hyperspace window, you often see a blue pulse of light emit from the rear of them as they enter it(from what I recall at least). However, like the 303 the 'hangars' we saw will probably end up being 303 construction bays, the current hyperdrive being hangars for 500 302s and the 304 being the size of a planet.

Comment

one is for landing the other is for take off, its not rocket science people.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            one is for landing the other is for take off, its not rocket science people.
            Really? How do you know that?

Comment

Maybe an additional cargo bay. It will be easy to unload in a 304 dock

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Really? How do you know that?
                Well tbh it's obvious you can't land and another takeoff from the same bay at the same time.

I think it doubles as either an extra 302 bay or a cargo bay.
                Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

like tep said, the smaller are landing bays and the large are launch bays. the bigger hangars have been known to be used as cargo bays, with the smaller holding the 302's. also, a 304 carries 8 302's, and the other as cargo bay/additional bay. though when fully used, it can hold 16 302's

Comment

The big hanger is for the 302's 8 in each hanger, compared to 4 in each hanger on the Prometheus.

The 302's cannot fit into the smaller bays.

They are primarily for loading supplies into the ship.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

No I think just two.

Comment

I dont think there bays at all. I think there intakes for thrusters when the ship is flying through the atmosphere.
                        Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

I would say that they are Cargo Bays, they don't look big enough to house an F-302. Another option is they might be a "bomb bay" like where the Horizon was launched in atlantis season 3's finale? I could be wrong...but it might be possible.

Comment

On the mesh used in the show, those bays are just reduced copies of the larger ones, but as stated above, they are not big enough for 302s to fit inside.
                            They would obviously be connected to the main bays, though, so perhaps they are EVA airlocks(Allowing smaller workbee-style craft to leave the ship for external repairs if the ship cannot make landfall), or perhaps they were designed to be dedicated Jumper bays. My vote would be that they are cargo bays, but until they are seen to be used in an episode, it's all speculation at this point.
                            Bar.
                            e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

As someone stated above, I believe that the smaller "bays" are actually part of the hyperdrive system. In earlier episodes featuring the Prometheus, we see the front of its "pods" glowing blue, in addition to the rear. This would imply that the engines have a limited amount of pass-through, sort of like a jet engine, but obviously operating on different principles.

So maybe for the 304, the smaller, closer in bays perform the same function as the forward sections of the Prometheus' pods.

Or maybe they just thought they looked cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X