This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question on rep

I had 2005 points, now I have 2014, that means someone gave me 9 points. I thought the most that can be given is 5 points. Even if someone reaches the full compliment of gems, does the rep power continue to grow as the post count increases?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
    I had 2005 points, now I have 2014, that means someone gave me 9 points. I thought the most that can be given is 5 points. Even if someone reaches the full compliment of gems, does the rep power continue to grow as the post count increases?
    I believe the amount people can rep is dependant on a calculation involving the amount they have, the amount they have given out, and their post count.
    I don't think there is a limit. Some people can hand out rep worth over 25 points.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
      I believe the amount people can rep is dependant on a calculation involving the amount they have, the amount they have given out, and their post count.
      I don't think there is a limit. Some people can hand out rep worth over 25 points.
      Wow really? I've used this forum for years and had no idea! Someone told me the limit is 5. Thanks for telling me.

Edit: I gave you green for answering my question, please can you tell me how much it's worth?
      sigpic

Comment

Wow really? I've used this forum for years and had no idea! Someone told me the limit is 5. Thanks for telling me.
        The limit isn't 5, I know posters who can give 19 rep points.

Anyway, the calculation is I believe not only based upon post count and rep count but also on how long someone's been a member here.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          The limit isn't 5, I know posters who can give 19 rep points.

Anyway, the calculation is I believe not only based upon post count and rep count but also on how long someone's been a member here.
          Thanks for the info. I think it may had changed because I remember users with all 11 gems, high post count and had been around a while only being able to give 5 points.

I would green you but have to wait 24 hours.
          sigpic

Comment

Another question, is the number of points I can remove from a person the same amount as what I can give?
            sigpic

Comment

Another question, is the number of points I can remove from a person the same amount as what I can give?
              No, it's lower.
              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think it may had changed because I remember users with all 11 gems, high post count and had been around a while only being able to give 5 points.

I would green you but have to wait 24 hours.
                Yeah that was after Darren rebalanced the system, but since that event it has been going up againt so certain people can drop rep bombs once more.
                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

It is locked to 1 point as far as I know. It was changed not long ago to stop abuse.

I don't remember any mention of it being changed back so I assume it still is.

Comment

Much lower, thankgoodness.

I think the mods have restricted it to 1 point per red, though I think I may have gotten 2 points removed once.

Comment

And that, people, is why the comments you give with negs are so important.
                      Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

my rep count has grown with my post count.

when i reached 2.000 psot my rep was worth 2

3.000 -worth 3

4.000-worth 4

6.000-worth 6

i've tested this at ever milestone

and my green is worth the same as if i gave you red. ( i've been told my red is worth 6 by a angry PM )

i'm sure there are variables but this seems like how it has been for me
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i know my green are at 19, not sure what a red is.

i believe that you can take away more than one, but it's usually a LOT less than what you can give.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok, you can DEFINITELY give a red that's worth 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                              The mods can give you crazy points. *whispers urgently while pointing* Beg Skydiver...

Ooh, and there's an amazing point giver----oops I only know her by her real name here and she's my beta. She can give you the most I think at about 25+ points. Crazy!!!

I want to be her when I grow up!!!

When she points it's like the new Jimmy Choos have gone on sale for $10.
                              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                              X