X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Sanctuary’ Will Be Brand New

The SCI FI Channel original series Sanctuary will be brand new when it makes the leap from the Internet to cable television this fall, creator and executive producer Damian Kindler told SciFi Stream. The series, which stars Stargate’s Amanda Tapping as the 157-year-old scientist and monster hunter Helen Magnus, premiered in 2007 as a the first broadcast-quality original series made specifically for the Internet.

Read the full article now at SciFi Stream!

Our full interview with Damian will be along in a few days.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Originally posted by Darren View Post

The SCI FI Channel original series Sanctuary will be brand new when it makes the leap from the Internet to cable television this fall, creator and executive producer Damian Kindler told SciFi Stream. The series, which stars Stargate’s Amanda Tapping as the 157-year-old scientist and monster hunter Helen Magnus, premiered in 2007 as a the first broadcast-quality original series made specifically for the Internet.

*thank you*, darren!

i'm chomping at the bit for 'sanctuary' info!

sally
    Last edited by majorsal; 24 May 2008, 08:53 PM.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Cool!

Thank you, Darren!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh I can't wait until fall! thanks!

Comment

Thanks Darren and thanks Ann for pointing this thread out!
            sigpic

Comment

I was hoping the show would be good enough and create a big enough buzz that it would get greenlighted for television. I am also glad that the SciFi Network is doing it as well (Hi-Def baby). I look forward to watching the next season of Atlantis, Eureka and now Sanctuary in Hi-Def.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                I was hoping the show would be good enough and create a big enough buzz that it would get greenlighted for television. I am also glad that the SciFi Network is doing it as well (Hi-Def baby). I look forward to watching the next season of Atlantis, Eureka and now Sanctuary in Hi-Def.
                Yeah me too! Thanks Darren for the interview!! I look forward to your complete interview as well!

Comment

98% new? So what will be left of the Sanctuary people fell in love with?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                    98% new? So what will be left of the Sanctuary people fell in love with?
                    Spoiler:
                    It will still have the same characters but just with more back story... the first hour (first 4 webisodes) will be the premier and the final 4 wepisodes will be a standalone eppy later in the season. Also there is a new clips of this seasons in production... only a few clips mixed in with older shots.. in the Sanctuary thread.

Comment

Well...poopy. I liked Helen's 'arid' sense of humor.

Well, as long as they don't go the Vala sense of 'humor' route. Which I doubt anyone of the EPs would allow.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I really hope that this show will do well on Sci-Fi. I really want it to succeed.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I really hope that this show will do well on Sci-Fi. I really want it to succeed.

Me too! It's a good premise.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Hope I'm wrong, but this has 'Dresden Files' written all over it. IMHO its onyl chance is AT both as an actress and EP. I wonder how good the ratings must be for a renewal and how much influence Sci-fi is gonna have in the whole project

Comment

Thanks, Darren!! What a great surprise that you are interviewing Damian. Looking good so far -- can't wait for the full interview!

Comment

Working...
                              X