No announcement yet.

O'Neill... one or two star general???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see how or why he got that 3rd star. I still think it happens in the 3rd SG-1 movie . . .
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      In the "Trio" deleted scene, Sam says:

"He's gonna retire soon, so ... "

However that scene isn't canon since it was never used in an episode, so whether or not the writers decided to incorporate that into the characters of Jack and Sam is still very much up in the air.
      Meh.

Comment

Actually, TPTB have said that THAT part of the scene is cannon and that they are together. However, they don't let us know if they are dating, living together or, as many have speculated, married by now and keeping it under wraps to anyone outside the team/family. I think/hope/pray that in this third movie they let us know that they DID get their well deserved happy ending and have been married or are getting married. It's waaaaay too long coming.
        Mac Jackson
        Singer/Songwriter of
        "Harmony Constant"
        [email protected]
        myspace.com/harmonyconstant
        youtube.com/MacWJack
        Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
        http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Jackson View Post
          Actually, TPTB have said that THAT part of the scene is cannon and that they are together. However, they don't let us know if they are dating, living together or, as many have speculated, married by now and keeping it under wraps to anyone outside the team/family. I think/hope/pray that in this third movie they let us know that they DID get their well deserved happy ending and have been married or are getting married. It's waaaaay too long coming.
          Sorry but my definition of canon extends only to what we see broadcasted. Comments from TPTB may not be representative of the entire writing/production team. We all know Mallozi has made numerous idiotic comments over the years and misled fans.
          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Jackson View Post
            YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!

that is all.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
              Sorry but my definition of canon extends only to what we see broadcasted. Comments from TPTB may not be representative of the entire writing/production team. We all know Mallozi has made numerous idiotic comments over the years and misled fans.
              Well, MG said the same thing in the commentary for the scene, but in general I agree that it isn't canon. There are enough other hints they've dropped over the years, however, that I don't think there's a lot of doubt that they're an item if people are inclined to think about it at all. But that's the way it's always been.

The main problem is that despite all the screen time Jack has gotten since the end of season 8, no one knows what he's been up to besides sitting behind a desk in Washington. A lot of that screen time hasn't even been "real" and none of it has really advanced the character much, and frankly I think he deserves better considering what a pivotal role he played in stargate SG-1.

Comment

I agree VSS. He does deserve much more and I hope we see it in the next movie. I choose to agree with TPTB and take it as cannon until the next movie gives us more.
                Mac Jackson
                Singer/Songwriter of
                "Harmony Constant"
                [email protected]
                myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                youtube.com/MacWJack
                Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

I've just been watching 'The Shroud' where Daniel is captured by SG1 and held in the Odyssey. I noticed that Jack's uniform while at the SGC has two star on it, but then when he is questioning Daniel on the ship he has one star only on the collar. So which is it???
                  He's a brigadier general

Comment

Originally posted by LionHamster View Post
                    He's a brigadier general
                    Wrong. He's a Major General at the start of Season 9. This episode had a costume error.

Comment

By the time Jack appeared in SGU, he was a three star general.

Comment

I've just been watching 'The Shroud' where Daniel is captured by SG1 and held in the Odyssey. I noticed that Jack's uniform while at the SGC has two star on it, but then when he is questioning Daniel on the ship he has one star only on the collar. So which is it???
                        The General ranks, promotions, etc end up being political. Many, who are about to retire, will get a promotion to increase their retirement pay. While they are active their pay is capped so they make the same pay but for retirement purposes they use a higher number for calculating the retirement pay.

When I first watched that episode, I was doing a WTF? It could have just been a costume error. I can’t think of a security reason to do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X