This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would we defeat the Wraith?

If somehow the Wraith reunite and get over their internal civil war, get rid of Michael, and concentrate all their efforts to take on the Lanteans and all humans to again become the dominant power in the PG, what would we have to do to defeat them? Any ideas, in my way of thinking we would be in serious trouble and I am not sure myself how would we do it. Would really appreciate some ideas.

Get the Daedalus, Oddysey, Apollo, Phoenix and the traveler Aurora in a fleet and go hunting 4 bc-304's and an Aurora can take on what must be left of the wraith they can't have more than 30 hives left.

Spoiler:
    3 hives to take a bc-304 would probably take 20 hives to even the fight out considering it took 3 hives to destroy Phoenix and that was by luck (The fact that the Phoenix's weapons went offline) so not including the Oddysey's full strength which TBH is very strong 3 hives for each bc-304 plus a few more to take out the Aurora.

We are to powerful now and the Wraith have lost to much there is little competition.
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I will have to play the devils advocate here, and I don't believe you give the Wraith enough credit. Don't you think if they were going to take us on they would have done their homework, and would have taken their previous loses into account. Surely they would look at where they have gone wrong, and created plans to overcome them. They would have gathered major intellegince at our strengths and weaknesses, the tecnology we have at our disposal and worked out ways to overcome them.

Their might only be 30 or so hives left, but I am sure they would build more, create more Wraith soldiers etc. Space battles would no tbe their only MO to fight this war, they would adopt new tactics and perhaps new tech as well.

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
        Get the Daedalus, Oddysey, Apollo, Phoenix and the traveler Aurora in a fleet and go hunting 4 bc-304's and an Aurora can take on what must be left of the wraith they can't have more than 30 hives left.

Spoiler:
        3 hives to take a bc-304 would probably take 20 hives to even the fight out considering it took 3 hives to destroy Phoenix and that was by luck (The fact that the Phoenix's weapons went offline) so not including the Oddysey's full strength which TBH is very strong 3 hives for each bc-304 plus a few more to take out the Aurora.

We are to powerful now and the Wraith have lost to much there is little competition.
        Again with the Uber-Earth idea?
        The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Karhedron
        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
          Again with the Uber-Earth idea?
          We dont defeat the Wraith. Here's what happens. -
          The Wraith destroy our pitiful little fleet, upgrade their Hyperdrive tech, travel to Earth and feed on us all, and then we all die.
          Game over.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
            The Wraith destroy our pitiful little fleet, upgrade their Hyperdrive tech, travel to Earth and feed on us all, and then we all die.
            Game over.
            Actually this is the more likely scenario if we underestimate the Wraith, as some of us tend to do.

Comment

If our only goal is to destroy the Wraith, then the solution is simple: kill all humans.

There are problems with that though.

Oh, but we can also use cloaked Puddle Jumpers with nukes aboard.

Comment

Game over.
                Best thing I've heard yet! Long live the Wraith! (and no more of this Wraith-killing/defeating talk!)

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  Best thing I've heard yet! Long live the Wraith! (and no more of this Wraith-killing/defeating talk!)

das
                  das, this is only a mental excersise to see what options we would have if such a scenario was to happen. There is every possibilty that such a thing could happen. I don't advocate the wipeing out of the Wraith, just want know how we fight back.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    If our only goal is to destroy the Wraith, then the solution is simple: kill all humans.

There are problems with that though.

Oh, but we can also use cloaked Puddle Jumpers with nukes aboard.
                    We are going to need a lot of Puddle Jumpers, and the Wraith would be aware of such a tactic. They might find a way to detect cloacked ships.

Comment

Game over.

the logical way to take out the wraith is kill the queens.

Comment

Kill the queens... ?, or, better yet, lets mate with the queens, thus creating a third offshoot of the race, that would then defeat the Wraith.

Come on..., who''s up for matin..., copulatin..

Comment

Kill the queens... ?, or, better yet, lets mate with the queens, thus creating a third offshoot of the race, that would then defeat the Wraith.

Come on..., who''s up for matin..., copulatin..
                          the job is all yours.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                            the job is all yours.
                            How can one mere man, satisfy the needs of so many queens..
                            Nevertheless, i will not let my people down, i will give it all, i will try my very best.

...Moving on..., the fact is, even if the Wraith defeat the expedition team, they have no way of getting to Earth (they also have to find Earth), and even if they manage to do that, they then have to get past Odyssey (which is not very likely), and assuming they do, they still stand no chance of defeating the various powerful factions in the Milkyway.

Comment

I would get the Daedalus, Oddysey, Apollo, Phoenix and the traveler Aurora in a fleet. Plus the SGC has like 3 ZPM if i remember right. Put those in 3 of the ships and go hunting. I think we could easily destroy all the wraith.
                              The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
                              The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
                              The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
                              You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
                              You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X