No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to the Tria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just occurred to me - correct me if I'm wrong, or if this is too damn obvious, but wasn't the Tria detected when the Daedalus was overseeing the first gate-bridge transfer, making her position almost smack bang in the middle of the void between Pegasus and the Milky Way? And wasn't the ship slowed enough to allow transport between the two vessels? Well...if the hyperdrive can't be fixed, just slow her down, strip her drones and ZPM, and you've got a nice, cheap, luxury replacement for Midway!
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Well, the Tria is either gone to oblivion or stuck in the middle of the voids between galaxy, and as far as I am concerned, we won't find it because even if they halted in the middle of the voids, it can still be drifting somewhere, someplace.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
      Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
      The Chevron Team
      Spoiler:
      Never make everything Organic!
      Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
      :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
      :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
      :The drones are heading towards us.
      :Those drones look familiar...
      : SQUID?!?
      We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

i believe it was brought to atlantis, where the asurans used it to repair atlantis

Comment

the people of plot hole took over the ship and used it for there own purposes

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

at .9 c it entered a plothole.

or midway fired its plot device

Comment

It got sucked into a big, black plot hole. That's what happened.
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

they activated the Interdimensional drive and now its flying between dimensions

Comment

Why the weird obsession with plotholes? This is an open question, not a plot contradiction. Not a plot hole. Just an unresolved issue.

How would they bring it back? Earth ships don't have a means with which to tow ships. Opening a window that big might not even be possible for our ships.

How would you even fix the hyperdrive? An intergalactic drive for a ship that big....How would you build one compatible with their systems? How would you get it to the ship and install it?

They would need a dedicated freighter, large staff, and a drydock. Followed by months to rip open the hull, install the new drive, and close it up again. Then time to fully integrate and test the new drive.

Where do they find the money, people, and resources in a program already stretched by the 302, 304, Stargate, and Atlantis programs?

Oh, and remember, it's a top secret program. So hiring and purchasing are lengthy and difficult tasks.

Be patient, the Tria might just show up in the nick of time. Maybe to render aid after a season ending cliffhanger...

Comment

I think we've got repair crews swarming it in the void. Or maybe the IOA stole it.
                    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

The Daedalus/Apollo just could drop in, check the life support, drop a couple dozen people with few weeks of supplies on the Tria, and check out what's the problem with the hyperdrive. And fly it to Midway(back then), maybe it takes a few weeks/months, but there they have a STARGATE. No freighter needed. While they fly the ship there on sublight they can check into the logs, run diagnostics, and check out the hyperdrive, what has been blown, what needs repair/replacement. They get to Midway, they ship the supplies through the gate, and there they have the capacity to run around the ship for a few weeks, and do what they need to do.

But a dropped sentence about the faith of the ship would be more than enough. But i would like to see earth having the ship and permanently stationed it on atlantis.
                      Last edited by SoulAssassino; 13 May 2008, 12:47 AM. Reason: typo
                      Trailers and PR
                      Stargate: War Begins team
                      http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                      forums:
                      http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

It's probably not in the right place for it to have had any interaction with midway but I'm sure the Ancients either scuppered her or we've got a small research team on board and the IOA are holding endless debates about what to do with it.

Comment

Its just assumed that they took their zpm, abandoned their ship and rode back to Atlantis on the daedalous. What kind of good story would it make? A 3 parter on how to rebuild an engine? A last minute rescue flying in to save the day? I hope they save the tria for a good story.

Comment

Well it's official, we will not be hearing anything about the Tria in season 5.

For the past 9 days I've been asking every day at Mallozzi's blog whether we'll hear anything about the ship this season, and this morning the answer came in,

"We Will Not." Scroll down to the mailbag and it's about the fifth question.
                            sigpic
                            If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                            I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

well, didnt they bring back its ZPM, and possibly, drones, and let the damaged ship out there? and besides. wouldnt it be hard to repair a ship in the middle of a void. or, to build a 304 hyperdrive when you need it for your 304's?

Comment

The Tria is in the void between the Milky Way and Peagus sitting there awaiting something to happen to it. The Ancients also bought back the ZPM that they used to power it. The proof of this is that McKay drained the one the Expedition had been using during 'McKay and Mrs Miller', and when the Asurans showed up and Helia (The Tria Commander) sent up a Jumper to tell them to 'Go Away', the jumper was destroyed and she said 'Power the Shield' or something along those lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X