No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to the Tria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since the writers are most likely aware of this plot hole- a episdoe or mabey a season finalie will involve it

remember sga gets a new super powerfull enimey or 2 this season...

Comment

There must be a good reason for the writers not revisiting it - the ship wouldn't be that hard to find, given they know it's rough last position, it's last speed, and the Apollo at least has super-powerful sensors that would likely find it from quite a distance away.

Either TPTB think it's giving the characters too much power to once again have an Ancient warship at their disposal and so will retcon it's existence by saying it blew up, lost all radiation shielding, is a total deathtrap, isn't worth the effort etc, or they have something planned for it for a later season.

I'd reckon the first one. The SGA team never seem to have much luck holding onto these ships, and a 304 seems to be superior anyway (despite lack of drones).
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Well, the 304 won't be superior, if they install asgard beams on the Tria too
        Trailers and PR
        Stargate: War Begins team
        http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
        forums:
        http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassino View Post
          Well, the 304 won't be superior, if they install asgard beams on the Tria too
          Gah! Asgard Death Beams on everything!!! Unending has a lot to answer for...

But yeah, an Ancient ship repaired with 304 tech, and Atlantis have their own ship. Or at least, use the Daedalus / Apollo's hyperdrive to tow it back to Atlantis where McKay might be able to do something with it, even if it gets used as little more than an orbital weapons platform (hide it from the Wraith long range sensors behind, or in, one of the new Atlantis homeworld's five moons).

I still think it'd make a cool, if only temporary, replacement for Midway. I just can't see TPTB giving us closure regarding the Tria unless they can wrap a truly awesome story around it.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I'll freely admit that the expedition has an horrific record with ships, but there is an easy solution, just say that the IOA and Stargate Command want it brought to the Milky Way so that it can be studied while building new ships. There's like a billion reasons they could use to explain it not appearing in the show, but I just want them to actually mention the ship. It hasn't been mentioned once since we first saw it. In Echoes Rodney mentioned the three lovely ZPMs, that would have been a prime opportunity to mention the Tria, but we got nothing.

I know I sound whiny, but I just want something about the Tria. It could be so good, and at the same time its absence could be so easily explained, and yet nothing happens.
            sigpic
            If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
            I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
              I'll freely admit that the expedition has an horrific record with ships, but there is an easy solution, just say that the IOA and Stargate Command want it brought to the Milky Way so that it can be studied while building new ships. There's like a billion reasons they could use to explain it not appearing in the show, but I just want them to actually mention the ship. It hasn't been mentioned once since we first saw it. In Echoes Rodney mentioned the three lovely ZPMs, that would have been a prime opportunity to mention the Tria, but we got nothing.

I know I sound whiny, but I just want something about the Tria. It could be so good, and at the same time its absence could be so easily explained, and yet nothing happens.
              I wouldn't say you sound whiny at all - I think a lot of people will agree when I say Stargate has a bad record as far as leaving plot threads dangling goes, and quite frankly the Tria is one of the worst.

An Ancient warship, apparently functional, clearly abandoned, waiting for the only people who know its location - us - to do something with it, is just forgotten and never referred to again?

You know, I would even be happy if Rodney mentioned it blew up, shook itself apart from the rapid deceleration ("They're not just slowing down, they're slamming on the brakes at something like 50Gs" or something like that IIRC), Helia(?) scuttled it rather than risk the Wraith get their hands on it...anything.

Obviously I'd prefer a more productive Tria reference (outfitted as Midway 2.0, towed to secret location by the Apollo for study, in Wraith hands and requires liberation etc), but I would accept something that tied off one of the bigger dangling plot threads.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                My memory's poor, but I think it was kind of implied that given that the Tria was moving at 0.99c (I think), and the Daedalus had to jump ahead of it to make meaningful contact and beam the Ancients onboard, that doing it the other way around would be ridiculous.

Plus, the time dilation factor would be a pain, given the Ancients onboard experienced much less time than the millennia they'd been travelling.

And, also, if the Ancients couldn't fix it, would Rodney have had much luck?

From the point of view of a writer - it would have been way too easy. An easily acquired Ancient warship, probably with ZPM and drones, would have made things too easy.
                but we know from experience that TPTB retarded the ancient warships to make them "weaker" so it would not have been a good investment....they would have ended with crashing it into another ship or something because something "couldnt" be fix and all you needed to do to make rodney fix something was hold a lemon at him
                *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
                  Well it's official, we will not be hearing anything about the Tria in season 5.

For the past 9 days I've been asking every day at Mallozzi's blog whether we'll hear anything about the ship this season, and this morning the answer came in,

"We Will Not." Scroll down to the mailbag and it's about the fifth question.
                  That's real helpful.

Comment

Just wait for it.... i bet ull be suprised when it pops up.

Comment

i won't appear again. it got swallowed up into the intergalactic plot void
                      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
                        i won't appear again. it got swallowed up into the intergalactic plot void
                        i agree...

sigpic

Comment

earth ships with the asgard beams of doom are far more better than those old Alterans pieces of junk
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

what happened to the tria????? i dunno, did you check that plot hole over there?????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
                              what happened to the tria????? i dunno, did you check that plot hole over there?????
                              How many times do you need to make basically the same (boring and inaccurate) "joke"?

Comment

i dunno, until someone makes a good legit point which which to discuss

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X