Whatever happened to the Tria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to the Tria?

At this point, in the Gate universe, Earth has Asgard weapons which make salvaging ancient warships more or less unnecessary. But at the time of "The Return", Earth's warships were still dependent on rail guns and missiles, which were largely ineffective against Hive ships and, possibly, Ha'taks.

So why didn't they try to salvage the Tria? Was an explanation given in any episode, or are we to simply understand that her hyperdrive is beyond repair?

Anyone have any reasons?

My memory's poor, but I think it was kind of implied that given that the Tria was moving at 0.99c (I think), and the Daedalus had to jump ahead of it to make meaningful contact and beam the Ancients onboard, that doing it the other way around would be ridiculous.

Plus, the time dilation factor would be a pain, given the Ancients onboard experienced much less time than the millennia they'd been travelling.

And, also, if the Ancients couldn't fix it, would Rodney have had much luck?

From the point of view of a writer - it would have been way too easy. An easily acquired Ancient warship, probably with ZPM and drones, would have made things too easy.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by PotluckoftheGods View Post
      At this point, in the Gate universe, Earth has Asgard weapons which make salvaging ancient warships more or less unnecessary. But at the time of "The Return", Earth's warships were still dependent on rail guns and missiles, which were largely ineffective against Hive ships and, possibly, Ha'taks.

So why didn't they try to salvage the Tria? Was an explanation given in any episode, or are we to simply understand that her hyperdrive is beyond repair?

Anyone have any reasons?
      Most of us reckon its one of the whole franchises biggest plot holes

Its probably destroyed by the asurans, though how they did this i do not know becuase it doesnt have hyperdrive :s
      Perhaps Puff

Comment

The Tria is abandoned somewhere between the Milkyway and Pegasus galaxies.

Comment

The Tria was used to patch up Atlantis, I think, along with the Asuran ships. But we can never know, becuase if we try to, we will get sucked into the evilness of a phlat hwl.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
          Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
          The Chevron Team
          Spoiler:
          Never make everything Organic!
          Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
          :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
          :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
          :The drones are heading towards us.
          :Those drones look familiar...
          : SQUID?!?
          We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by PotluckoftheGods View Post

Anyone have any reasons?
            next time can you use the search fuction, theres atleast 10 other threads about this.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
              The Tria is abandoned somewhere between the Milkyway and Pegasus galaxies.
              Yes that is where it is and will remain. At least until TPTB remember about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RM_2000_A View Post
                The Tria was used to patch up Atlantis, I think, along with the Asuran ships. But we can never know, becuase if we try to, we will get sucked into the evilness of a phlat hwl.
                In the return part two the Asurans say that they had to use the tria to rebuild the comand tower
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT.Adams View Post
                  In the return part two the Asurans say that they had to use the tria to rebuild the comand tower
                  The Asurans used their ship to rebuild the tower. NOT THE TRIA. The Trias Hyperdrive was off line so how could have they taken it back to Atlantis? Plus the captain was beamed into the gateroom suggesting that they rode on the Dedy back to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                    The Asurans used their ship to rebuild the tower. NOT THE TRIA. The Trias Hyperdrive was off line so how could have they taken it back to Atlantis? Plus the captain was beamed into the gateroom suggesting that they rode on the Dedy back to Atlantis.
                    i believe they towed it back. the Asgard ships where capable of towing other ships so why not the Daedalus
                    sigpic

Comment

They opened a hyperspace window for themselves and the Tria to tow them back to Atlantis.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
                      Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
                      The Chevron Team
                      Spoiler:
                      Never make everything Organic!
                      Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
                      :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
                      :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
                      :The drones are heading towards us.
                      :Those drones look familiar...
                      : SQUID?!?
                      We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

Becaue the 304's (back then) did not have full Asgard technologies. Also, when SG1 was trying to blowup the sun to take out Aphopis's fleet, they used a Hatak, which had some sort of technology that was able to lock onto the stargate onboard (put a shield around it) and control it and sent it into the sun.
                        But on the 304's, when they wanted to connect the SuperGate to a smaller gate in Pegasus, they had to use booster rockets to hold the StarGate in place.

Comment

I believe JM answered a question on his blog saying it's sitting in the void between galaxies needing its hyperdrive repaired.

Comment

Yep, there's an abandoned Ancient warship with a ZPM (I'm pretty sure Rodney says they've got one, I apologise if I'm wrong!) and possibly a supply of drones but no functioning hyperdrive coasting through the massive void between galaxies. Maybe this has been deliberately setup like this to allow for a future episode regarding salvaging the Tria and actually expanding Earth's fleet (slap a 304 hyperdrive and a couple of Asgard plasma beams on it and you're laughing). Or maybe it's a plot hole big enough to fly a Lantean City-Ship through.
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              Yep, there's an abandoned Ancient warship with a ZPM (I'm pretty sure Rodney says they've got one, I apologise if I'm wrong!) and possibly a supply of drones but no functioning hyperdrive coasting through the massive void between galaxies. Maybe this has been deliberately setup like this to allow for a future episode regarding salvaging the Tria and actually expanding Earth's fleet (slap a 304 hyperdrive and a couple of Asgard plasma beams on it and you're laughing). Or maybe it's a plot hole big enough to fly a Lantean City-Ship through.
                              Mckay speculated that they would need a ZPM to travel so fast. I wish they would have revisited it before now, and it doesn't look like it's going to be in season 5, but it is one of the biggest unfinished stories in the SG franchine.(Note NOT A PLOTHOLE! Which is a contradiction in plot, not an unanswered question)

Comment

Working...
                              X